Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JonathanK81
I just booked a stay in Southern California for my lady friend's parents. First time I've ever used the MVP rate. I've read through the thread, the rate does mention sports affiliation. But should I really be worried? I know I can just get them the $10 USGA membership. They're getting old and may not really understand the point. Does anyone think they need to be worried at all? If not, I'll just let it ride.
No need to worry. Just keep a copy of the email confirmation (not the booking page screenshot) and have that available when checking in (if you're not going to be there, have them call you if there are any issues). Properties have been known to change the rate terms prior to the stay and try to enforce the new rules.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Looking at booking the Hilton Fidi, terms say:
MVP PROGRAM HHONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN.

The MVP page also nowadays says:
Please note: You must be an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports-related company, sports group or event to be eligible. You will be asked to show credentials, such as an official business card designated with your team logo, etc.

Should I register for the USGA membership? Is that proof enough? Do you need to be a US Citizen to register?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
MVP PROGRAM HHONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN.

Please note: You must be an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports-related company, sports group or event to be eligible. You will be asked to show credentials, such as an official business card designated with your team logo, etc.

Should I register for the USGA membership? Is that proof enough? Do you need to be a US Citizen to register?
Actually, printing up a business card that looks official like it would be enough!

In any case, aren't we still waiting for the very first datapoint of someone being asked for this??? Ie, the website has said all of things in the past, but actual practice was quite different.

See, there's this other conflicting HHonors policy (only for elites?) of not asking for ID at all at check in. I have my ID and credit card out when I walk up to the check-in desk, and time after time they refuse to even look at them!
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I am in a Hilton right this second on an MVP rate (and was at a different Hilton last week). Neither asked for ID at check in or proof of sports affilliation.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by brokenwindow

It appears to me someone had dusted off the rate descriptions and web pages but it has not been re-implemented at the properties. If the rate is significantly lower then joining a low-cost program may be good insurance. But as stated, no one has reported being challenged for any ID.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
It hasn't ended. What has happened is that they've reduced the number of sports with which they officially partner.

There's a separate thread about the Team USA rate where this has been discussed a lot in recent days:
Thanks for the pointer to the other thread! ^
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just wondering what's the current status of this rate? I have tried to use this for some international properties the last few weeks and none of them have been showing availability (even with Flexible dates).

Did they somehow restrict this rate to certain regions now?

Cheers!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Originally Posted by nldogbert
...have tried to use this for some international properties... Did they somehow restrict this rate to certain regions now?
... It's for US, Canada and Mexico only.

Last edited by illesus; Feb 10, 2017 at 6:56 am Reason: clarification
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree, for North America only (except that someone claimed upthread that it was working for a London property - if true I believe this is a rare exception)
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by illesus
According to my knowledge it's US and Canada only.
Also in Mexico
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Just wondering what's the current status of this rate? I have tried to use this for some international properties the last few weeks and none of them have been showing availability (even with Flexible dates).

Did they somehow restrict this rate to certain regions now?

Cheers!
The rate needs to be loaded by the properties, so if they choose to participate, fine, if not, that's fine too. Are you using the portal or corporate codes? That could block you in a general sense.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The rate needs to be loaded by the properties, so if they choose to participate, fine, if not, that's fine too. Are you using the portal or corporate codes? That could block you in a general sense.
Plus, I've seen some hotels that used to offer it stop offering it now. Hotels are full these days, and some of them see no need to attract us roadwarriors with this rate.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by illesus
According to my knowledge it's US and Canada only.
No, I've used it in South America, and still see the rate available at properties there.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:06 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Has anyone had experience of MVP bookings being ineligible for HH credit? I have a stay that has posted as ineligible for anything at all.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold,IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by andset1191
Has anyone had experience of MVP bookings being ineligible for HH credit? I have a stay that has posted as ineligible for anything at all.
There is a thread titled "Hampton inn Stay on MVP, no points? ..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.