Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

El Conquistador, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {PRI} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Conquistador, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {PRI} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
This property no longer is listed as a Waldorf Astoria on Hilton's website. Wonder why they couldn't get it re-opened.

Last edited by Alpinetrekker; Aug 30, 2019 at 3:19 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Bump on this. No where to be found on Hilton website. Is this going to be branded anything, or Mom/Pop?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Bump on this. No where to be found on Hilton website. Is this going to be branded anything, or Mom/Pop?
The situation seems very unclear. Blackstone , which until recently owned Hilton, sold the resort to a local construction company last summer. I actually drove by the property last week and it didn't look very open, but reports are that it is partially open but with lots of restoration work needed. I'm guessing we'll learn more about it when someone commits that money. I'd also guess that it's not going to be a Hilton again anytime soon, if ever. This is sad because it was, perhaps, the best resort on the island, and I'd love to use my Hilton points there if it were to reopen.
Old May 13, 2021, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
FYI/FWIW, hotel finally reopening May 21 and, as highlighted by iahphx , no longer WA affiliated:

After nearly four years, El Conquistador is set to reopen in Puerto Rico

David
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.