Unable to book award stays online...

Old Nov 27, 04, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG RA, Marriott Gold
Unable to do an award booking online?!

I have been trying to be a very simple award booking for the past hour and I keep getting the following message:

"We're Sorry!

Your session has expired due to an extended period of inactivity. Please start over."

After I start over, same message! It doesn't take me more than one minute to do the transaction, so it is not possible I ran out of time!
Old Nov 27, 04, 11:31 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Weekends can be a problem with Hilton. Half the time on Saturday nights their site simply says that every hotel in the world is SOLD OUT!
Old Nov 28, 04, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Motion122
I have been trying to be a very simple award booking for the past hour and I keep getting the following message:

"We're Sorry!

Your session has expired due to an extended period of inactivity. Please start over."

After I start over, same message! It doesn't take me more than one minute to do the transaction, so it is not possible I ran out of time!
This message usually has to do with a firewall / antivirus program, or else your settings block the use of cookies. Hilton.com is one site that requires those to be turned off, or settings that are tweaked just right so this moody web site lets you work.
Old Nov 29, 04, 9:36 am

I have found the online booking mechanism to not be very accurate. I always call the HHonors desk directly to inquire about available reward nights...I was not finding ANY for the Sorrento Palace this coming summer, but called HHonors and was able to get the dates I wanted. When HHonors fails, call the hotel. I always take their online inventory with a grain of salt. It's too bad, really, you would think it would be accurate.
Old Mar 1, 09, 6:30 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Unable to book award stays online...

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having issues with award stay booking online at the HHonors website. I keep getting a red error "unable to book online" message when selecting the property to book after a search. I'm looking for some VIP GLON 6 night award stay availability, but every location turns up the same error message. It's been a couple days since I've been trying too with the same result.

Also, it I seem to get a couple more log-in page requests in the process... even worse than usual it seems lately.

Old Mar 1, 09, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
I just tried a mock award reservation and made it through the whole process but stopped before actually booking. Maybe you need to clear your cache. You are going through this link, right? http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...rr/index.jhtml
Old Mar 1, 09, 10:03 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Ok, thanks the link you provided worked... I'm not sure why clicking through from my accounts page I have bookmarked didn't. In any case I logged out and re-bookmarked a new page to sign in now. It seems to be working much better. Thanks again!
Old Mar 2, 09, 10:39 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I booked my first (and probably last) three award stays over the weekend and was actually very pleased at how easy it was.

Search this Thread