Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:58 pm

Place to eat

there are some restaurants in the doubletree itself - japanese etc - i haven't tried. makan kitchen and italian by the pool.

you can get a cab to traders hotel and have some tapas/snacks and cocktails with a great view there.

otherwise i'd get a cab over to pavillion - plenty of nice restaurants there.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:05 pm

Make sure to try the Malaysian cuisine. There is all kinds of food there as there is about 35% +/- chinese, 50+/- Malays, and 20+/- Indian.

So the Malay cuisine is awesome (as is all others, but it is quite different). Make sure to decide whether or not you like spicy food and try the fruit called Durian if you want to try something very different.

It have a very strong taste, so you may or may not like it, but you should try it. Don't be drinking beer when trying this though (the two can cause a very bad reaction---no, not drunkiness, just a very bad reaction).
Old Oct 21, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
I'm not sure what the Brand difference is suppose to be between Doubletree and Hilton but I'd rank this property at the top of international Hiltons. Beautifully done newer property with well thought out appointments. Executive floor staff very friendly and helpful. Apparently, last night was the roll out of a new evening service and it was just fantastic with the array of foods and varieties to choose from, quality was top notch too.

The downsides have been mentioned but the only thing that really was bothersome is my room on the 33rd floor viewed the construction site and even after the building is complete, there won't be much of a view then. If you want a view, I'd suggest you put it in the requests.

Perhaps Doubletree is meant to be more family friendly than the business Hilton and I noticed more kids on the property/EL. It still was fairly peaceful - actually the kids were better behaved than the adults at the PJ Hilton up the road.

On a price to benefits ratio (~$100/nt), I'd put this property in the top 10% of Hilton properties I've stayed at.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 2:26 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Stayed here a couple of weeks ago. Quick summary:

Full review and pictures available on my blog.
    Stayed here again for a weekend in Kuala Lumpur/mattress running for the free nights as part of Q4 promo. This is starting to become a favorite of ours.
    • Email to advise that we've been upgraded as Gold and told to proceed straight to Executive Lounge for check-in.
    • Was promptly checked-in on arrival but assigned a room that had "smoke smell".
    • Was invited to have some drinks in the lounge while they tried to look for another room.
    • Was upgraded to a suite with bags brought straight to the room since the only available standard rooms would only be available after 2-3 hours.

Wonderful service....
    Old May 4, 2012, 5:33 pm

any recent (2012) stay update? do Diamonds usually get suite upgrade at this property?
    Old May 4, 2012, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
    any recent (2012) stay update? do Diamonds usually get suite upgrade at this property?
    Stayed about 4 times here, only once did i get upgraded to a suite, and this is only because i got in touch with the GM ahead of time. Grundingly gave me a suite. This was prior to the any room upgrade including suties policy now with hhonors.
    Old May 7, 2012, 4:54 am

Wirelessly posted (Verizon BlackBerry 9630: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.719 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
    Received a suite upgrade on a points stay (standard room, discounted points redemption) and staff apologized for not having a higher floor available.

Best doubletree I've ever been to, lounge was nice but staff up there not as attentive as other hotels in Asia.

I would stay there again (Feb 2012 was my last stay) if given the opportunity.
    Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
    Was here in July and upgraded to a suite, very nice upgrade...the 900+ sq foot one. One of the best upgrades I've recieved from Hilton as a Diamond. Wasnt on the cheapest room rate but i dont pay for Executive floor, since we already go there. Great hotel and great service, will be back in September. I like everthing about this hotel, including location, since its so cheap and easy to get around.
    Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
    I wonder if this hotel is better overall including location than the Westin in KL? Or even JW Marriott.
    Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
    Originally Posted by k3nnis
    I wonder if this hotel is better overall including location than the Westin in KL? Or even JW Marriott.
    Don't think so. The JW Marriot if right smack in Bukit Bintang..
    Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
    Thanks. I think then my KUL stay will be either westin or jw marriott...Even then not sure which one to pick.
    Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
    Stayed at the Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur in July, and could see this hotel across the intersection about a half-block away. Right next to Ampang Park LRT station, as well as a small shopping mall with McDonald's, a small supermarket, etc.
    I'm going back to KL in December.
    See that Doubletree is only 12,500 points+RM127/night, which seems like a great deal.
    I have a stay already booked at the Le Meridien for RM210++, which shares an amazing gym/pool with the Hilton Kuala Lumpur.
    How is the gym/pool here? If it's nice I might consider changing from LM.
    Thanks!
    Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, UA 1K, AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
    just stayed at the doubletree & also the hilton KL, found the doubletree to be much nicer. a few more stops on the train to get there, but we found it well worth it. as a diamond member i was upgraded to a suite & the concierge purchased some tix for us before our arrival - all in all very convenient, great customer service (at the executive lounge), and nice facilities.
    Old Nov 9, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
    Originally Posted by tinkerbell78
    just stayed at the doubletree & also the hilton KL, found the doubletree to be much nicer. a few more stops on the train to get there, but we found it well worth it. as a diamond member i was upgraded to a suite & the concierge purchased some tix for us before our arrival - all in all very convenient, great customer service (at the executive lounge), and nice facilities.
    As a Gold, I think I'd get lounge access, so that's good to know.
    Did you see/use the gym and pool? We'll be on holiday and often spend the last few hours of the day using those.... thanks!
    BTW, I spent a week at the IC KUL (just across the street from the DT) last July under the Point Breaks, and I didn't mind the location at all.
    Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, UA 1K, AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
    Originally Posted by kyushuman
    As a Gold, I think I'd get lounge access, so that's good to know.
    Did you see/use the gym and pool? We'll be on holiday and often spend the last few hours of the day using those.... thanks!
    BTW, I spent a week at the IC KUL (just across the street from the DT) last July under the Point Breaks, and I didn't mind the location at all.
    My husband used the gym everyday - it is very nice & usually completely empty, also i think its open 24hrs, but no attendant after 8 or 10pm
    - the pool is situated so it is shaded most of the day. the italian restaurant on-property is alfresco dining by the pool, so maybe a good spot for drinks...we didnt use the pool because it rained most days we were there.

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.