FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa {PYF} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/911576-hilton-moorea-lagoon-resort-spa-pyf.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 2004 1:50 pm

Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa {PYF}

Posts older than 2016 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

mercruiser Jan 1, 2016 9:03 pm

Business class

Originally Posted by kamchatsky (Post 25943537)
Thank you so much for the photos! It brings back great memories of my 2 stays there in 2009. It is still my favourite place and hotel on earth after all these years!

How do you find TN Business Class? Is it good? I have never tried it yet (I've only used NZ J to get to Tahiti in the past).

I was very happy with the TN Business Class. I booked the seats using AAdvantage miles - not cash. The aircraft has angle-flat seats on which I can sleep really well. This is a significant advantage on overnight flights compared to the poorly padded economy class seats.

The Business class in-flight service (meals, wine) were fine, but not not up to the same standard as Air New Zealand. Spring for business class if you want a good sleep - not if you are looking for a world-class business class experience like Air New Zealand or Singapore.

See the first four pictures of this gallery for our business class seats and food:
https://bhughes.smugmug.com/Travel/T...2015/i-VMKWmW8

See this thread about the new vs. old seat configurations on TN:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-2013-cip.html

widemmj Jan 8, 2016 1:28 pm

I have a few questions about this resort:

-Does anyone here have experience with visiting in early December? Is it full days of rain or quick rain storms?

-Also, the discussion at the opening suggest avoiding snorkeling during December in the bays to the east and west of the resort, is the snorkeling around the bungalows and resort decent during December?

-Prices for the restaurants at the resort in USD? Reviewed 20 pages and didn't see this.

Thanks in advance

toade Jan 19, 2016 1:38 pm

Looks like something is definitely going on with the reward space for this property. A couple weeks ago there were plenty of dates available throughout the year at 70k points.

Now, only two days available at 70,000 points for the entire rest of the year. Beyond Jan 1, 2017, nearly all dates are available for 70k.

Not sure why all the dates in 2016 are blacked out.

Exleftseat Jan 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by toade (Post 26044672)
Looks like something is definitely going on with the reward space for this property. A couple weeks ago there were plenty of dates available throughout the year at 70k points.

Now, only two days available at 70,000 points for the entire rest of the year. Beyond Jan 1, 2017, nearly all dates are available for 70k.

I see the same problem, nothing available at the "low" rate for 2015. Booked
my three weeks this year at the IC instead.

DocS Jan 22, 2016 2:37 pm

We are staying in April and I'm trying to decide whether to rent a car for the week from Avis or just a few days. We definitely want the flexibility to go out and stock up on groceries to avoid very high prices on resort and explore for at least 1 or 2 days.

Would Avis drop off/collect from the resort or do they only allow the ferry terminal and airport as options as per the website? Are we crazy to rent a car?! Thanks in advance for any advice ^

SanDiego1K Jan 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by DocS (Post 26063821)
We are staying in April and I'm trying to decide whether to rent a car for the week from Avis or just a few days. We definitely want the flexibility to go out and stock up on groceries to avoid very high prices on resort and explore for at least 1 or 2 days.

Would Avis drop off/collect from the resort or do they only allow the ferry terminal and airport as options as per the website? Are we crazy to rent a car?! Thanks in advance for any advice ^

It has been some time since we were there. When we were, the best car rental rate we could find was over $100. We rented a car twice, picking it up midday and returning it midday. That let us go out for lunch both days, a bit late one day, a bit early the next. My memory is that the agency either brought the car to us or sent a car to pick my husband up and bring him to them. There was an rental agency in a hotel much closer than the airport.

Exleftseat Jan 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by DocS (Post 26063821)

Avis is right across the street at the Moorea Ferry Terminal. They do drop off/collect at the Hilton. In my opinion it's not a bad idea at all to rent a
car for exactly the reasons you mention. Plus you need to circle the island at least once during your stay and stop at some outlooks along the way. I have a tentative reservation with them for 12 days for a total of around $ 500.00. Not cheap but I find it necessary to be mobile whenever i feel like it.

kmcbrid2 Jan 22, 2016 7:52 pm

do they rent scooters, see no reason to rent a car?

Exleftseat Jan 22, 2016 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2 (Post 26065227)
do they rent scooters, see no reason to rent a car?

I would argue that renting a car in Moorea is way safer than renting a scooter. Seen ( and heard about of ) too many accidents with scooters.

flightmedic Jan 26, 2016 2:08 pm

Rental Car

$500 for 12 days is dirt cheap. We have paid about $80-$100 for a day. You really only need a car for one day. If you want to go to the Lagoonararium then add a second day. You can see all that there is to see in about 4-6 hours and that includes stops at many, many shops. The one day lets you see everything, lets you shop, and if you keep the car overnight you can eat at a restaurant that does not provide free transport from the Hilton.

exmike Feb 2, 2016 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by toade (Post 26044672)

noticed this too. has this happened before?

TravelingFitzMe Feb 29, 2016 9:03 am

Originally Posted by exmike (Post 26122045)
noticed this too. has this happened before?

I'm not seeing anything in 2016 or 2017. Anybody have any luck finding anything?

Exleftseat Feb 29, 2016 10:00 am

Originally Posted by TravelingFitzMe (Post 26260920)
I'm not seeing anything in 2016 or 2017. Anybody have any luck finding anything?

same here, looking daily.

kmcbrid2 Mar 8, 2016 6:16 pm

Does the hotel have a lounge for Dia with free drinks?

It appears there is only one garden bungalow? So as Dia min upgrade, depending on availability, is garden pool?