Wiki Posts
Search

Care about gold?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Dia, HGVC
Care about gold?

I'm going to Embassy Suites Niagara Falls for Valentine's Day this year.

I am a silver with 0 base points and 170k+ hhonors points (via credit card & timeshare)

With a fluke of a promotion, I obtained Gold Status and a Gold card that doesn't expire until 2010. The status was take away, but I still have the card.

I'm sure I'll still show up as silver in the hotel computer, but can the desk clerk track the history of the temporary gold status i had?

I'd like to simply show the gold card and get the benefits, if possible.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Socko33
I'm going to Embassy Suites Niagara Falls for Valentine's Day this year.

I am a silver with 0 base points and 170k+ hhonors points (via credit card & timeshare)

With a fluke of a promotion, I obtained Gold Status and a Gold card that doesn't expire until 2010. The status was take away, but I still have the card.

I'm sure I'll still show up as silver in the hotel computer, but can the desk clerk track the history of the temporary gold status i had?

I'd like to simply show the gold card and get the benefits, if possible.
When you log into your Hilton account what does your status show? Or are you saying that you have one account as silver but was given a second account (promo account) that is gold?

If the latter, call and let them know you would like to combine accounts and verify that the Gold status will stay and you will keep the account number with the points in it.

You'll need to do this as the account number on the reservation must match the elite status in order to obtain benefits.

Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:38 am
Original Poster

I am currently silver, but have a gold card that doesn't expire till 2010.

The reason I have the Gold is because of a promotion code that was given out. I signed up, merged the accounts and had a gold account and card.

The account/status was taken away because they took away the promotion code and said it was a mistake. I still have the physical gold card...

will that help me at all?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I am currently silver, but have a gold card that doesn't expire till 2010.

The reason I have the Gold is because of a promotion code that was given out. I signed up, merged the accounts and had a gold account and card.

The account/status was taken away because they took away the promotion code and said it was a mistake. I still have the physical gold card...

will that help me at all?

In that case no.

Why try to cheat the hotel/HHonors??? The hotel will know what your status is.

If you want to take advantage of Gold Status Benefits, earn it.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

working on it!

Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
working on it!

Thanks for your help!
there is no Gold beni at this hotel anyway; free internet is what I got. They don't usually upgrade, so I would not bother. They use whatever the system tells them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.