Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2
My standby upgrade was 30,000 - 38,000 XPF for OWV. Not sure what to do. need to think about this.
25,900 / 31,500 XPF here for OWV and deluxe OWV, early Jul.

This is my third time to Bora Bora (4S/StR and Thalasso before), all previous stays in OWVs so I'll take my chances with eStandy. Wouldn't mind the garden villa for the price paid.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:11 am

Wrote to the hotel about my 8 night reservation next June and they quote me the following:

As regards our advance upgrades, our rates are as follows:
- King Overwater Villa: 40,000XPF per night
- King Deluxe Overwater Villa: 50,000XPF per night
- King Pool Overwater Villa: 90,000XPF per night

My standby upgrade was 30,000 - 38,000 XPF for OWV. Not sure what to do. need to think about this.
Yeah, seems a lot just for an upgrade especially vs. what's being paid in Maldives.
Hopefully someone can advise is it possible to negotiate and what's the lowest they can go
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:22 pm

Has anyone gotten upgraded at arrival after paying for an OWB upgrade in advance? to a Pool OWB or Deluxe OWB?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by michael160
Has anyone gotten upgraded at arrival after paying for an OWB upgrade in advance? to a Pool OWB or Deluxe OWB?
I did back in July 2017. Booked a standard room on points, prepaid for a regular OWB, and got upgraded to a Pool OWB as a Diamond member.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:46 pm

Just checking our reservations and while my confirmation states King Garden Suite - the room is now changed to a Twin Lagoon View. I've emailed them about this - but anyone know why this would have happened?

Also when I click the email confirmation for one of the nights - it still states King Guestroom Garden View. And my upgrade options are to Horizon View for 18,000, OWV for 33,000 and Deluxe(not happening) for 40,500.

Is Horizon view worth it?

Last edited by CherylD; Aug 8, 2019 at 6:54 pm Reason: adding info
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
With my flights to and from Tahiti all locked in for June 2020, and 12 nights between Conrad Bora Bora and Hilton Moorea locked down, should I go ahead book the inter island flights now? Will need PPT to Bora Bora, then Bora Bora to Moorea. It seems like about $500 for each person. And do i book directly with Air Tahiti or should I go through online portal such as Chase? Thx.
3 times we have booked way ahead with Expedia ... this time, I’m waiting until we get there and book with the local website. I hear you can save considerable amount.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CherylD
Just checking our reservations and while my confirmation states King Garden Suite - the room is now changed to a Twin Lagoon View. I've emailed them about this - but anyone know why this would have happened?

Also when I click the email confirmation for one of the nights - it still states King Guestroom Garden View. And my upgrade options are to Horizon View for 18,000, OWV for 33,000 and Deluxe(not happening) for 40,500.

Is Horizon view worth it?
Imagine a two level building. The lower level is the Garden View Suite, the upper level is the Lagoon View Suite. The layout is identical other than the upper level you see glimpses of the lagoon and beyond, thus this is a one category upgrade.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:31 pm

Yeah I'd try and get out of the garden/lagoon building. You will have common walls, which may or may not matter to you. Horizon View is it's own separate building, you'll have a much better view....although you'll have a little more of a walk to get to the restaurants.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:44 pm

I've booked 6 consecutive nights and then decided to add another 1 night on a different reservation. The big reservation has eStandby for upgrades. Should I bother emailing them to merge or they'll see it in the system?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I've booked 6 consecutive nights and then decided to add another 1 night on a different reservation. The big reservation has eStandby for upgrades. Should I bother emailing them to merge or they'll see it in the system?
Where do you see if a reservation has eStandby? I have looked online and via the app and do not see anything with my reservations.

Thanks
TD
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Where do you see if a reservation has eStandby? I have looked online and via the app and do not see anything with my reservations.

Thanks
TD
in your email confirmation
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I emailed them, since I had 3 single night reservation plus one 5-night reservation. I also asked about upgrade and was quoted one price for guaranteed upgrade, and the lady would not back down.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Imagine a two level building. The lower level is the Garden View Suite, the upper level is the Lagoon View Suite. The layout is identical other than the upper level you see glimpses of the lagoon and beyond, thus this is a one category upgrade.
Garden View and Lagoon View have exactly the same cash rate. I would not consider this an upgrade. I would be extremely unhappy if I only get "upgraded" to a Lagoon View room as a Diamond. In other posts from email conversations with the hotel they state Garden Villa as the free upgrade for Diamonds.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen

3 times we have booked way ahead with Expedia ... this time, I’m waiting until we get there and book with the local website. I hear you can save considerable amount.
The savings for us this year are 55k XPF return.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DUflyer
Garden View and Lagoon View have exactly the same cash rate. I would not consider this an upgrade. I would be extremely unhappy if I only get "upgraded" to a Lagoon View room as a Diamond. In other posts from email conversations with the hotel they state Garden Villa as the free upgrade for Diamonds.
On the flip side, if booking with points, I am sure the resort categories the Lagoon View as a premium award (hence the one level upgrade). I agree with you that I would be disappointed to be stuck in either Garden or Lagoon room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.