Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:02 am

I´m planning on booking two rooms for three adults and two children. How is breakfast for Diamonds? Only for two people, for everyone in the same room or for all the rooms under the same reservation?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Carq
I´m planning on booking two rooms for three adults and two children. How is breakfast for Diamonds? Only for two people, for everyone in the same room or for all the rooms under the same reservation?
You should be fine, but depends on the children age. We had one room with 2 adults 1 child 9 years old. No extra charge. With two rooms, Diamond, you are covered for 4 people in the reservation.

I “believe” 12 and under are covered for free for breakfast. Can another FTer confirm?

TD

Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

You should be fine, but depends on the children age. We had one room with 2 adults 1 child 9 years old. No extra charge. With two rooms, Diamond, you are covered for 4 people in the reservation.

I “believe” 12 and under are covered for free for breakfast. Can another FTer confirm?

TD

I’m in the same situation (2 rooms, 3 adults, 2 kids aged 11). Can confirm in about 13 days! -
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by gvaughn

I’m in the same situation (2 rooms, 3 adults, 2 kids aged 11). Can confirm in about 13 days! -
You will be arriving just as we are leaving!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by merice107107
You will be arriving just as we are leaving!
You’ll be in Bora Bora when we’re in Moorea.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:52 am

How does pre-paying for an upgrade work with regards to the final bill at checkout? Does it appear with a corresponding credit reflecting the pre-payment so that you then get the HH points for it? Or is it done in some other fashion and you don't get the HH points for the pre-paid upgrade?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
How does pre-paying for an upgrade work with regards to the final bill at checkout? Does it appear with a corresponding credit reflecting the pre-payment so that you then get the HH points for it? Or is it done in some other fashion and you don't get the HH points for the pre-paid upgrade?
If you use your Hilton card to pre-pay the points will post just as if you were paying there at checkout. I used my Aspire card and the $250 credit posted a couple days later. Long before we arrived. All the points posted at some point, don’t recall exact dates. The final bill will show the charge/credit for your records

TD
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:56 am

If you use your Hilton card to pre-pay the points will post just as if you were paying there at checkout. I used my Aspire card and the $250 credit posted a couple days later. Long before we arrived. All the points posted at some point, don’t recall exact dates. The final bill will show the charge/credit for your records

TD
As usual TD your help and advice is much appreciated! Further to what you said, how does that work with promos if one pre-pays? For example, right now I am registered for the double-points starting with 2nd stay promo - will the final folio upon checkout reflect double-points on the entire cost of the stay (i.e. including pre-paid upgrade), or only double-points on what is charged at the resort? I ask because right now I don't yet have a first stay under my belt that would trigger the 2x points on a pre-pay
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
As usual TD your help and advice is much appreciated! Further to what you said, how does that work with promos if one pre-pays? For example, right now I am registered for the double-points starting with 2nd stay promo - will the final folio upon checkout reflect double-points on the entire cost of the stay (i.e. including pre-paid upgrade), or only double-points on what is charged at the resort? I ask because right now I don't yet have a first stay under my belt that would trigger the 2x points on a pre-pay
I will defer to someone here that is wiser than I to answer that. I have to admit those double-triple, combo, stacking scenarios get a little much for me

I usually sign up for the same offers, and hope they all post correctly. I realize from reading here and other blogs that is not always the case. But unfortunately don’t have the time to track it all.

I also signed up for that promo. We are staying at the Singapore Conrad for night before heading to the WA Maldives, so hoping/assuming I will get a buttload of Points on what I assume will be a massive bill.

TD
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:10 am

Advice for staying in IHG THLASSO and Conrad Nui

Hello, need some advice on Logistics

staying in IC Thalasso 2 nights and Conrad Nui 3 nights next March.

i know Conrad Offers round trip boat rides from BOB and Thalasso the same. But since I will be going to Thalasso from BOB then Thalasso to Conrad Nui then from Nui to BOB.

what would be the best way to arrange my transfers?

please help!

Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by castcore

i know Conrad Offers round trip boat rides from BOB and Thalasso the same. But since I will be going to Thalasso from BOB then Thalasso to Conrad Nui then from Nui to BOB.

please help!
When you say “offer’ I am presuming you mean with a fee?

Contact these guys. My experience has been this is who the hotels use, they just mark up the cost ALOT. Go direct. Save a ton.

Lagoon Service, THE BEST excursions in BORA BORA. Book a tour NOW!

TD

Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by castcore

please help!

Shuttle boat to Le Moana, taxi to Vaitaipe and then shuttle boat to the Conrad

For a price the Thalasso would no doubt provide a private transfer
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:23 am

When you say “offer’ I am presuming you mean with a fee?

Contact these guys. My experience has been this is who the hotels use, they just mark up the cost ALOT. Go direct. Save a ton.

Lagoon Service, THE BEST excursions in BORA BORA. Book a tour NOW!
TD,

Does this company do airport transfers or just tours? I will keep this handy for tours, but I don’t see info about transfers.

BTW, how much time in advance do you need to book with them? We fly out today. I assume we can book once we’re there?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by gvaughn

TD,

Does this company do airport transfers or just tours? I will keep this handy for tours, but I don’t see info about transfers.

BTW, how much time in advance do you need to book with them? We fly out today. I assume we can book once we’re there?

I presume they can drop you at BOB, but there could be some agreement that keeps the tour operators from doing that so resorts can extort their customers. We have only used the service to transfer from hotel to hotel. We arranged a day in advance. Shoot them an email before you head out.

Interesting side note. Don't recall all the numbers off the top of my head, but the fee Conrad and IHG quoted us for the 15 minute boat ride between resorts was more than DOUBLE the cost we paid for an all day private snorkel boat day trip. On the same style boat.

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Jun 12, 2019 at 11:52 am
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:54 am

I presume they can drop you at BOB, but there could be some agreement that keeps the tour operators from doing that so resorts can extort their customers. We have only used the service to transfer from hotel to hotel. We arranged a day in advance. Shoot them an email before you head out.

Interesting side note. Don't recall all the numbers off the top of my head, but the fee Conrad and IHG quoted us for the 15 minute boat ride between resorts was more than DOUBLE the cost we paid for an all day private snorkel boat day trip. On the same style boat.

TD
i sent them a message. Thanks for all your feedback!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.