Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by gvaughn
Can anyone who’s been lately comment on if sunscreen is provided at facilities (pool?) and if so, what is SPF etc...?
Reef-friendly sunscreen is provided, along with after sun. From memory it was a choice between something like SPF 15 and 50, or something along those lines.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Install Alexa app on phone
Install VPN on phone
Connect phone to Conrad WiFi
Enable hotspot on phone (hopefully your phone/tablet has that feature)
Use Alexa app to connect DOT to you phone hotspot/WiFi

Think I have covered all the steps. If anyone sees an error please correct me. If there is an easier way please add .02.

TD
I am pretty sure this will not work. Most phones will only "rebroadcast" the mobile network via the hotspot feature, although there are some apps that enable the sharing of a wifi connection.

There is likely an ethernet port in the room. A travel router with VPN loaded, or DNS proxy service, should work.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by RoxyMountain
I am pretty sure this will not work. Most phones will only "rebroadcast" the mobile network via the hotspot feature, although there are some apps that enable the sharing of a wifi connection.

There is likely an ethernet port in the room. A travel router with VPN loaded, or DNS proxy service, should work.
Roxy

I think you could be correct about my “process” not working with a DOT. We were streaming our Alexa/Amazon music from directly from the Alexa App on my phone that was VPN enabled. I was presuming the DOT, being connected to the phone hotspot (VPN enabled) would work. But you could be correct, that the DOT would just use the native WiFi on the phone, ignoring the VPN...will have to do some Googling on that....

TD

TD
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

Reef-friendly sunscreen is provided, along with after sun. From memory it was a choice between something like SPF 15 and 50, or something along those lines.
Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:53 pm

The sunscreen dispensers are located at the small hut near the pool. You can also get water there.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:38 pm

Do the rooms have stereo systems or anything that would play music from an iPhone or other smartphone?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Do the rooms have stereo systems or anything that would play music from an iPhone or other smartphone?
Yes. As per my review above, there's an integrated Bluetooth sound system indoors and on the deck (for those in overwater bungalows).
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:40 pm

Yes. As per my review above, there's an integrated Bluetooth sound system indoors and on the deck (for those in overwater bungalows).
Thanks. Sorry I missed that from your review. Do you happen to know if the OWB in Moorea also have similar systems?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:42 pm

Thanks. Sorry I missed that from your review. Do you happen to know if the OWB in Moorea also have similar systems?
I'd very much doubt it, but can't confirm 100%. Moorea is a different generation and also different standard.

I travel with a Bose Soundlink Micro which I can heartily recommend if music is a must.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:43 pm

I'd very much doubt it, but can't confirm 100%. Moorea is a different generation and also different standard.

I travel with a Bose Soundlink Micro which I can heartily recommend if music is a must.
ok thanks. Already overpacked, so trying to see what I can do without!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:21 pm

They do not.

TD
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

They do not.

TD
Thanks TD
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:45 pm

Releasing a points room Aug 19-Aug 24 and another August 24-29
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:34 pm

quick questions:
  1. We have two upgrade quotes to both OWV and Pool OWV for August. The difference in price is 53000XPF per night. I realise this is entirely subjective, but Is it worth paying the 500USD per night to go from regular OWV to Pool OWV?
  2. Would I be correct in assuming that the pool in the king pool overwater villa is not heated?
  3. Which number room(s) would you recommend for quiet, sunset views from OWV / Pool OWV deck?
TIA!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
quick questions:
  1. We have two upgrade quotes to both OWV and Pool OWV for August. The difference in price is 53000XPF per night. I realise this is entirely subjective, but Is it worth paying the 500USD per night to go from regular OWV to Pool OWV
  2. Would I be correct in assuming that the pool in the king pool overwater villa is not heated?
  3. Which number room(s) would you recommend for quiet, sunset views from OWV / Pool OWV deck?
TIA!
1) For our family it was. We even bumped it up, for the space, to the Royal. But as you said to each there own.

2) You are correct.

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.