Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Chargeable to the room does not equal eligible incidentals. Could be they get a cut of the action perhaps, but not necessarily all or most of the profit on the sale.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
CKS is sneaky

Originally Posted by FlugE
Conrad Rangali: Stayed twice and had no problem with getting points. It even seems they "overpay" by including sea-plane and taxes.

Conrad Koh Samui: Stayed once (in February). Points posted after one day but were off by far. Spent $1,800 and received 2,800 points. Opened a case which still isn't resolved, two months later.

Seems to me as CKS are playing the game hard. I have Bora Bora coming up in a month but from reading above it seems they might play the same game...

One thing i noticed with my point battle at CKS is that they had 2 different folios. One for the reward stay and one for my incidentals which did not have my HH number on it or even the correct spelling of my last name. I wonder if they do this on purpose so that the points would never post correctly? I don't know. If that's the truth, that is really terrible. Honestly, I really love this resort and they have treated me so well there. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth later after you get home.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by FPmiles
Is it common for Conrad Bora Bora to offer early check in for Diamond? or do i need to email GM / Concierge
They early check-in everyone. They know when you are flying into BOB airport, then they meet you at airport and bring you over to the resort on their boat. The "check-in" process is not like a normal hotel. Basically, since you are coming over with every other passenger that just flew into BOB, they bring everyone to a reception area for a seat; they serve you tea/water and a cool towel, while they process your passports and credit card. You room is already preassigned and I never saw anyone "wait" for a room. We arrived at 8:45am and were shown to our room straight away.

Originally Posted by hermitw
Do you happen to know if their policy is to upgrade diamond member to the highest available room? Will visit next month.
They do not upgrade to the highest available room. Both Presidential and the Royal Overwater Villas were available during our stay (I am lifetime Diamond) and we were only upgraded to King Pool Overwater Villa. I am not complaining, but it is definitely not an automatic "highest" level. They DID offer via to sell it to me for money before we arrived.

Last edited by Canarsie; May 3, 2019 at 9:39 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Softwizard
They do not upgrade to the highest available room. Both Presidential and the Royal Overwater Villas were available during our stay (I am lifetime Diamond) and we were only upgraded to King Pool Overwater Villa. I am not complaining, but it is definitely not an automatic "highest" level. They DID offer via to sell it to me for money before we arrived.
They like to upgrade any chance they get, however it is all dependent on occupancy levels. On my stay I booked a pool water villa via an OTA. Prior to my stay I negotiated a really good upgrade to a Royal Overwater Villa, and on arrival was upgraded to one of the two Presidential villas free of charge. Overall I paid about $1100 a night back in May 2017. I was literally blown away with the upgrade, especially considering I booked with an OTA.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
They early check-in everyone. They know when you are flying into BOB airport, then they meet you at airport and bring you over to the resort on their boat. The "check-in" process is not like a normal hotel. Basically, since you are coming over with every other passenger that just flew into BOB, they bring everyone to a reception area for a seat; they serve you tea/water and a cool towel, while they process your passports and credit card. You room is already preassigned and I never saw anyone "wait" for a room. We arrived at 8:45am and were shown to our room straight away.
Unfortunately, this was not my experience. I’m here now and arrived two days ago on Monday. Perhaps they didn’t have enough people checking out but it appeared that none of us who arrived on the same flight (about five couples) were not given rooms immediately. We completed our check-in process around 1:30pm and were rather unceremoniously told to explore the property because official check-in is 3pm and we were early.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:07 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
we were only upgraded to King Pool Overwater Villa.
Which room type had you booked?

Originally Posted by OskiBear
Unfortunately, this was not my experience. I’m here now and arrived two days ago on Monday. Perhaps they didn’t have enough people checking out but it appeared that none of us who arrived on the same flight (about five couples) were not given rooms immediately. We completed our check-in process around 1:30pm and were rather unceremoniously told to explore the property because official check-in is 3pm and we were early.
They have a handful of "day rooms" available which are right under the suites. There is no bed in those rooms, just a living room and a bathroom. The purpose of these rooms is specifically to give a convenient space to guests before their room is ready.

Last edited by Canarsie; May 3, 2019 at 9:38 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:34 am

Wow so it sounds like not uncommon to upgrade all the way to overwater stuff without paying extra? I currently just have a twin lagoon view booked for June.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by escape4
They have a handful of "day rooms" available which are right under the suites. There is no bed in those rooms, just a living room and a bathroom. The purpose of these rooms is specifically to give a convenient space to guests before their room is ready.
Hmmm...and no such offer was made to us. Just an admonishment that check-in isn't until 3pm so don't expect anything otherwise. It was quite rude, actually. Very disappointing and sort of set off my visit on a bad note.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Which room type had you booked?
Deluxe Overwater Villa (upgrade was to include the pool) - otherwise the rooms are the same inside/outside
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:33 am

Deluxe Overwater Villa (upgrade was to include the pool) - otherwise the rooms are the same inside/outside
Decent upgrade nonetheless, the price different from Deluxe OWV and Pool OWV is material. ^
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:28 am

Just cancelled 3 reward night reservations at Bora Bora Conrad from June 27th to June 29th due to schedule changes. At this moment it looks like the hotel already released those nights. Just in case anyone wants to grab those nights.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:05 am

Anyone do the excursion to motu tapu? Not the full wine and dine experience, but just spending time there? Can you go there by yourself if you have own boat and staying at the Conrad?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by sunshine213
Anyone do the excursion to motu tapu? Not the full wine and dine experience, but just spending time there? Can you go there by yourself if you have own boat and staying at the Conrad?
It's a really beautiful little island but you are not allowed to go there on your own (or to any of the small islands in FP as per local law they are all considered private property and it would be considered trespassing). As it's name translates it definitely is 'by invitation only.' The Conrad Bora Bora owns the island and prohibits visitors excepted as permitted by the resort. I have made an unplanned visit to the island by boat for about 30 minutes (we had a sick passenger on a transport that needed the bathroom). The Island is uninhabited and mostly pristine. It's about the side of a football field and has some interesting beaches and a small shelter and toilet area as well as a single shallow jetty. Occasionally they have large groups book the island for the day (non-resort guests often from cruise ships) but if you are a guest I believe the only scheduled way is via the wine/dine trip. They do frequently have staff on the island to maintain it so it remains clean and that staff has radio contact to the resort to police unauthorized visitors. Although large private yacht captains should know better I have been told there have been incidents in the past where small tenders arrived to check out the island and they are promptly told to leave. In addition, resort guests have paddle-boarded and kayaked to the island and have also been scolded.

Check with the resort though as I think I have heard them stop off there on a snorkel or dive trip so maybe they could accommodate your request.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
It's a really beautiful little island but you are not allowed to go there on your own (or to any of the small islands in FP as per local law they are all considered private property and it would be considered trespassing). As it's name translates it definitely is 'by invitation only.' The Conrad Bora Bora owns the island and prohibits visitors excepted as permitted by the resort. I have made an unplanned visit to the island by boat for about 30 minutes (we had a sick passenger on a transport that needed the bathroom). The Island is uninhabited and mostly pristine. It's about the side of a football field and has some interesting beaches and a small shelter and toilet area as well as a single shallow jetty. Occasionally they have large groups book the island for the day (non-resort guests often from cruise ships) but if you are a guest I believe the only scheduled way is via the wine/dine trip. They do frequently have staff on the island to maintain it so it remains clean and that staff has radio contact to the resort to police unauthorized visitors. Although large private yacht captains should know better I have been told there have been incidents in the past where small tenders arrived to check out the island and they are promptly told to leave. In addition, resort guests have paddle-boarded and kayaked to the island and have also been scolded.

Check with the resort though as I think I have heard them stop off there on a snorkel or dive trip so maybe they could accommodate your request.
Thanks you. Appreciate the information. I found an old pdf that has a morning visit and a dinner visit. I was primarily trying for a morning visit as I have no interest in being there in the evening. I've emailed them. Hopefully they respond.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Yes we stopped over there for less than one hour during a shark & stingray tour. I did not know it was owned by Conrad especially since the tour was provided by a third party and picked up guests at various hotels, not only Conrad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.