Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
This would be good to know as I'm heading there next week and was planning on using my Aspire card for what will likely be fairly substantial F&B spend. Has anyone else with past stays been able to provide insight?
Perhaps update the title of the thread to draw attention to the fact this is occurring at the Conrad Bora Bora?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:34 pm

I had a points stay at the Conrad BB last month and received points for incidentals.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by bamboola
I had a points stay at the Conrad BB last month and received points for incidentals.
Exactly, this is nothing more than awful Hilton customer service responses.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've never personally encountered this issue, but this is a garbage policy. The method of payment for the room shouldn't impact whether incidentals post, assuming you paid the incidentals with money (not some sort of on-property points award).

That said, no idea whether the OP will win his case or not. It sounds like HH gives properties at out, which is rather terrible from the customer point of view. I'd probably still fight it for a while, just because it's a garbage policy, but it might be a dead end at some point.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 11, 2019 at 2:08 pm Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by todderz
Hilton Honors are refusing to issue points for over $800 of spend on F&B, spa etc, at Conrad Bora Bora on a reward stay.

I've had 2 different reps tell me "We are unable to process your request for Hilton Honors points as the stay was a reward stay".

The Ts & Cs state:

"If at least one night of the Member's stay is consumed with the use of Hilton Honors Rewards Points, the entire stay is considered a "Reward Stay" and Hilton Honors Points may be earned. Participating hotel will determine whether incidental charges incurred during either of those stays are eligible for Points, except that Points will not be earned for incidental charges at Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, and Home2 Suites by Hilton®."

Surely F&B at a Conrad is eligible? Right?
Wow, the discretion by the hotel is news to me.
Is this "wiggle room" verbiage a change in the PROGRAM?
me thinks that this verbiage is just sloppily written . I would think it the verbiage which would apply to both revenue stay and award stay meant that "third party" vendors" posting to your folio would be at the largess of the property. Charges such as "umbrella " rentals and cabana on the beach by the third party provider

Valid as non direct could also be ground transportation with the hotels preferred provider or tours booked by the concierge.
I am very surprised that direct charges by the property are discretionary ( on either rev. or award stays )
But I may be wrong.
It happened once before to me in 1986:
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:24 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
As this is a very enlightening thread for many people…

There’s no need to add snarky responses to the OP ‘s valuable question. Thanks.
squeakr
co Mod HH
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I'm staying 3 nights at the Conrad Koh Samui this summer-all 3 nights are point stays. I will be very disappointed if I don't earn points on my incidentals which include food and beverage purchases.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:04 pm

Thanks for your info, but are you sure those lower price are not restricted to residents?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Just expect to have to fight later for your points. I stayed last fall at CKS and spent upwards of $700 on food and spa. I had to scan a copy of my folio to Lauren's team and after 1 month, nothing was done. Finally, they ended up giving me 25,000 points as a courtesy to leave them alone.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by todderz
"If at least one night of the Member's stay is consumed with the use of Hilton Honors Rewards Points, the entire stay is considered a "Reward Stay" and Hilton Honors Points may be earned. Participating hotel will determine whether incidental charges incurred during either of those stays are eligible for Points, except that Points will not be earned for incidental charges at Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, and Home2 Suites by Hilton®."
I've never run into this before. How could the individual property impact whether/not you get points? I would've thought that the whole thing was automated through the Hhonors program, so that you/hotel settle the bill upon check-out and that goes straight to Hhonors which crunches the numbers to give you your due points based on your spend. This is really crappy.

Originally Posted by gaugeguy
Just expect to have to fight later for your points. I stayed last fall at CKS and spent upwards of $700 on food and spa. I had to scan a copy of my folio to Lauren's team and after 1 month, nothing was done. Finally, they ended up giving me 25,000 points as a courtesy to leave them alone.
Even though you say nothing was done after 1 month, did they at least acknowledge from the get-go that you should've gotten your points?

Seems like there is a common theme here... Conrads in remote beach locations. I'll be bracing myself, as we're headed to Conrad Maldives this fall.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by evergrn

Seems like there is a common theme here... Conrads in remote beach locations. I'll be bracing myself, as we're headed to Conrad Maldives this fall.
I don't think you'll need to worry about the Conrad Maldives, they have shown to be quite generous in this regard
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:50 pm

Conrad Rangali: Stayed twice and had no problem with getting points. It even seems they "overpay" by including sea-plane and taxes.

Conrad Koh Samui: Stayed once (in February). Points posted after one day but were off by far. Spent $1,800 and received 2,800 points. Opened a case which still isn't resolved, two months later.

Seems to me as CKS are playing the game hard. I have Bora Bora coming up in a month but from reading above it seems they might play the same game...
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlugE
Conrad Rangali: Stayed twice and had no problem with getting points. It even seems they "overpay" by including sea-plane and taxes.
I fully expected that I'd get points for the sea plane, though. I don't look at it as the hotel "overpaying" at all. It's chargeable to the room which to me implies that the sea plane is at least affiliated with the hotel, and I'm sure Conrad makes tons of money on it. It's 2x the normal cost of taking the seaplane from Seattle to San Juan Island, even though it's shorter distance. Whenever possible, I've charged different things to my room at other Hilton properties such as sightseeing tours and parking at off-site overflow garage not managed by the hotel. To my knowledge, I've generally gotten points for all of those things.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:43 pm

Is it common for Conrad Bora Bora to offer early check in for Diamond? or do i need to email GM / Concierge
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by hermitw
Thanks for your helpful information!

Do you happen to know if their policy is to upgrade diamond member to the highest available room? Will visit next month.
There is evidence on these threads that they do upgrade Diamonds but obviously YMMV. My case was Garden Suite to Garden Villa, and then when I arrived at the Garden Villa, an Overwater Villa has just been cleaned and I was moved to that.

Originally Posted by FPmiles
Is it common for Conrad Bora Bora to offer early check in for Diamond? or do i need to email GM / Concierge
If the room is available my gut feeling says they will give you the room. It's not like an ordinary hotel someone can just turn up off the streets and book a room on the spot.

If not, just head straight to the pool and go for a swim until your room is ready.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.