Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:55 pm

Individually booked nights can be combined later, if I understand the conversation earlier in this thread, correct? I'd obviously want the 5th night free bonus.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Individually booked nights can be combined later, if I understand the conversation earlier in this thread, correct? I'd obviously want the 5th night free bonus.
Yes you can. Some 800# CSRs know how. But if not the Conrad BB can make that happen.

TD
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by rukmi86
Hello Guys,

Just came back from a wonderful Stay at the Conrad Bora Bora. Booked 6 nights on points & Hilton Amex Free Night. i was upgraded to Deluxe King Overwater Villa. I am a diamond member. Emailed them in advance letting them know to put me in Villa 101-106 if available they quoted me $350/night for confirmed upgrade, did not take it and took a chance.
When we reached the hotel they told us i was upgraded to Deluxe overwater villa.

The resort is wonderful & all the people working there are very good & very nice. They were ready to help with almost everything.
Thanks for your helpful information!

Do you happen to know if their policy is to upgrade diamond member to the highest available room? Will visit next month.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA, chase ultimate rewards, hawaiian
Originally Posted by hermitw
Thanks for your helpful information!

Do you happen to know if their policy is to upgrade diamond member to the highest available room? Will visit next month.
I have no idea about that. But I emailed them in advance & let them know my preference & I think they will surely upgrade you if the room is available
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:29 am

Refusal to give points for incidentals on reward stay at Conrad Bora Bora

Hilton Honors are refusing to issue points for over $800 of spend on F&B, spa etc, at Conrad Bora Bora on a reward stay.

I've had 2 different reps tell me "We are unable to process your request for Hilton Honors points as the stay was a reward stay".

The Ts & Cs state:

"If at least one night of the Member's stay is consumed with the use of Hilton Honors Rewards Points, the entire stay is considered a "Reward Stay" and Hilton Honors Points may be earned. Participating hotel will determine whether incidental charges incurred during either of those stays are eligible for Points, except that Points will not be earned for incidental charges at Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, and Home2 Suites by Hilton®."

Surely F&B at a Conrad is eligible? Right?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:08 am

And again:

"Please be advised that members will not earn points or miles for Reward Stay"

That's 3 times now I've been told that reward stays will not earn points.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course it’s eligible.

Call the Diamond desk. They should do it. Or Tweet them. And forward those emails to Chris Nassetta!

When this basic matter is beyond the realms of HHonors support it’s no wonder it’s taking forever to get 200 missing lifetime nights restored to my account.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Yea, like a lot of things with airlines and hotels these days, you need to stop wasting your time with the garbage email responses and pick up the phone to get it fixed.

When you do call, don't even mention the nonsense email replies, just treat it as a brand new claim for missing points with the agent.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:18 am

Twice I've phoned and been told I have to send in a copy of the bill.
By email.
To the utterly useless email system which seems to be an automated bot that randomly selects one of several useless responses.

I retain hope that one day the phone will be answered by someone who can help.

The email system is what they use to torture people in hell.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Contact the Hilton Rep (Lauren) that monitors this board, via PM. She and her staff are very quick to resolve these things.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by todderz
The Ts & Cs state:

"If at least one night of the Member's stay is consumed with the use of Hilton Honors Rewards Points, the entire stay is considered a "Reward Stay" and Hilton Honors Points may be earned. Participating hotel will determine whether incidental charges incurred during either of those stays are eligible for Points, except that Points will not be earned for incidental charges at Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, and Home2 Suites by Hilton®."
Since the T&Cs say that the "participating hotel will decide whether incidental charges incurred during either of those stays are eligible for Points," it would appear that the Conrad Bora Bora has decided not to deem incidentals eligible for points.

So it doesn't seem to be an issue of whether you should receive points (as you will at most Hilton properties)--yes--, but whether you will--likely no.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Portolan
Since the T&Cs say that the "participating hotel will decide whether incidental charges incurred during either of those stays are eligible for Points," it would appear that the Conrad Bora Bora has decided not to deem incidentals eligible for points.
Yes I've always understood this to be within the property's discretion, which is exactly what the T&Cs state. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Portolan

So it doesn't seem to be an issue of whether you should receive points (as you will at most Hilton properties)--yes--, but whether you will--likely no.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes I've always understood this to be within the property's discretion, which is exactly what the T&Cs state. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Conrad BB is a very popular points redemption, I'm not aware of any data points where they haven't awarded points for incidentals on award stays. Happy to be corrected if wrong, but I feel like if this were the hotel policy then we would for sure know about it by now. Especially for a property where incidentals for a week stay can easily run north of $2k, not earning points on this would be a huge slap in the face.

Until proven otherwise this still just seems like garbage Hilton customer service responses....
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
There needs to be some transparency in this, as food and beverage is considered a valid charge to earn points at 99% of incidental-earning properties unless the restaurant is owned by a 3rd party. Secondly, there’s no evidence that the property has deemed food/spa as ineligible. This moreso seems like an IT glitch where either the stay was not reported as eligible for points earning or the property incorrectly coded the stay as perhaps booked through a 3rd party website or something like that. This is all speculation, but coupling that with a generic frontline customer service response that points stays earn zero point without any context, it just all seems suspect and warrants further clarification. OP is justified in his/her frustration in my opinion.

I’m curious to know if the OP got the Diamond MyWay points bonus at the very least.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 11, 2019 at 2:07 pm Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The reps so far are not saying that the charges don't qualify in themselves, but are refusing to consider the matter flat out because the stay was paid with points.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 11, 2019 at 2:07 pm Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.