Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Knowing that, if it were me, I would hold on to reservation 1 for now and hope the other nights open up before you need to cancel reservations or loose points.

My reasoning, and opinions will vary, is that if no other nights open up for 80K and you want to combine the premium reservations with the standard you currently have, you could end up moving rooms several times in 6 nights. I presume the Conrad would help you out but there are no guarantees. Not that anyone wants to spend 3X the points for a nights stay, but this is a vacation. You also get a better room for the additional points, so that is some benefit. If no other standard rooms came available I would bounce Res 2 and 3 and enjoy the nicer room without having to move around like a nomad for the week.

If however you you want to move forward with canceling the double booked nights there is a chance once you cancel Res 1 the 216K night availability will post back in to inventory. Then you could re-book the single nights you need. Before doing that, I would call Hilton 800 and tell them you want to modify Res 1, i.e. drop the nights you don’t want. They should able to do that so you don’t risk loosing those 216K rates. If they say they can’t do that ask to be transferred directly to the hotel. They will do it.

We booked 9 days last Summer for 80K each night. When we began booking in March there were no 80K rooms. Nothing under 200K+. Within 60 days, checking daily, all 9 days opened up. Unless something has changed I feel you will have success getting all the days you need.

TD

Thanks TD.

Yeah, I don’t have any intention of canceling anything until I have to (before they become non-cancellable), unless of course the standard awards open up and I’m able to book them all.

It would be a shame if I wasn’t able to use the standard awards I was able to secure though...
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:23 pm

Anyone know the odds of booking the standard 80k room a night and then hoping for an upgrade as a diamond? Couldn't find anything fairly recent...so not sure if you guys got a better clue
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:24 pm

I just booked 5 nights on points for next year. The email is giving me 25900 xpf to upgrade to a overwater villa and 31500 for a deluxe over water villa. Should I grab the deluxe for a better chance at RM 105/106 for ~50 night? I am a diamond if it makes a difference.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by sigma6
I just booked 5 nights on points for next year. The email is giving me 25900 xpf to upgrade to a overwater villa and 31500 for a deluxe over water villa. Should I grab the deluxe for a better chance at RM 105/106 for ~50 night? I am a diamond if it makes a difference.
If it’s 50/night USD, I’d go for it. But I’m guessing you’re calculating that as 25909 xpf total. Are you sure they weren’t asking that PER NIGHT? Based on other posts, I’m guessing that quote is per night...
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by gvaughn

If it’s 50/night USD, I’d go for it. But I’m guessing you’re calculating that as 25909 xpf total. Are you sure they weren’t asking that PER NIGHT? Based on other posts, I’m guessing that quote is per night...
yes its per night, making it ~250 USD extra for the stay. Thats still not bad, but I can put that towards food or tours or souvenirs. If I opt for the max upgrade all in all it will be 320,000 points and 157500xpf (~1500 USD) for the entire stay.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:58 pm

yes its per night, making it ~250 USD extra for the stay. Thats still not bad, but I can put that towards food or tours or souvenirs. If I opt for the max upgrade all in all it will be 320,000 points and 157500xpf (~1500 USD) for the entire stay.
I’d do it for $50/night.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by gvaughn
I’d do it for $50/night.
Somewhere the math isn't adding up here, $50/night would for sure be a no brainer. But its 26k XPF = $250/night, so 5 nights would be $1250++ for the stay, not $250.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: AA, chase ultimate rewards, hawaiian
Hello Guys,

Just came back from a wonderful Stay at the Conrad Bora Bora. Booked 6 nights on points & Hilton Amex Free Night. i was upgraded to Deluxe King Overwater Villa. I am a diamond member. Emailed them in advance letting them know to put me in Villa 101-106 if available they quoted me $350/night for confirmed upgrade, did not take it and took a chance.
When we reached the hotel they told us i was upgraded to Deluxe overwater villa.

The resort is wonderful & all the people working there are very good & very nice. They were ready to help with almost everything.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by rukmi86
Hello Guys,

Just came back from a wonderful Stay at the Conrad Bora Bora. Booked 6 nights on points & Hilton Amex Free Night. i was upgraded to Deluxe King Overwater Villa. I am a diamond member. Emailed them in advance letting them know to put me in Villa 101-106 if available they quoted me $350/night for confirmed upgrade, did not take it and took a chance.
When we reached the hotel they told us i was upgraded to Deluxe overwater villa.

The resort is wonderful & all the people working there are very good & very nice. They were ready to help with almost everything.
Congrats on the upgrade! Did you end up getting one of the deluxe on the 101-106 side like you wanted?

Also I'm just curious what the weather was like for your trip? It is hard to interpret, you see showers showing every single day basically all January through March-ish on weather sites, but how frequent/long are they? Did they impact your trip at all? Curious on your experience, thanks.

Last edited by Cynapse; Mar 14, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Congrats on the upgrade! Did you end up getting one of the deluxe on the 101-106 side like you wanted?

Also I'm just curious what the weather was like for your trip? It is hard to interpret, you see showers showing every single day basically all January through March-ish on weather sites, but how frequent/long are they? Did they impact your trip at all? Curious on your experience, thanks.
Probably like Hawaii...can rain for 5-15 minutes and then be sunny/partly cloudy right after. There's a reason why everything's green!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:45 pm

I was upgraded to Villa 101.
I was in Tahiti for 2 days & in Moorea for 5 days before 6 days in Bora Bora. Weather was good overall saw showers only for a few days which lasted around Max an hour.
The weather on the last but 1 day before we left in Bora Bora was very bad almost had rain for entire day + very windy.
Otherwise the weather was awesome.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:50 pm

I was in Tahiti for 2 days & in Moorea for 5 days before 6 days in Bora Bora. Weather was good overall saw showers only for a few days which lasted around Max an hour.
The weather on the last but 1 day before we left in Bora Bora was very bad almost had rain for entire day + very windy.
^
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:42 pm

What did you think about splitting time between Moorea and Bora Bora? I'm considering the same. I'd like to do 10 nights at BB Conrad to get the 2x 5th nights free, but I'm a tiny bit worried about 10 days at the same resort since there isn't a ton to do and the island is so small. But, BB has been a dream location for my wife and I for 15 years, so we aren't sure we'd want to do an OW bungalow in Moorea first for 5 days then go to BB and wish we had just done all 10 days in BB...
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:58 pm

What did you think about splitting time between Moorea and Bora Bora? I'm considering the same. I'd like to do 10 nights at BB Conrad to get the 2x 5th nights free, but I'm a tiny bit worried about 10 days at the same resort since there isn't a ton to do and the island is so small. But, BB has been a dream location for my wife and I for 15 years, so we aren't sure we'd want to do an OW bungalow in Moorea first for 5 days then go to BB and wish we had just done all 10 days in BB...
Having been to the Hilton Moorea (back when it was a Sheraton) and having been to Bora Bora (but not the Conrad), I’d definitely split and do both. Actually I AM doing that, this summer, for my second French Polynesia trip. I LOVED the snorkeling at the Moorea property. Much better than my experience at Bora Bora (though I did not previously stay at the Conrad). The Moorea snorkeling lagoon is quite shallow (less than 10 feet deep?) for a REALLY large amount of space. According to what I can find online it’s listed at 10 acres. Bora Bora starts to get much deeper as you leave shore. After about 10-15 yards off shore, the depths can be 20-30 feet (at least it was for me - I previously stayed at the Sofitel Marara, if you’d like to look that property up).

If I understand the Conrad well, there’s no comparison between the Conrad BBN and the Sofitel, but I gather that’s more about the property itself, the privacy of the BBN and the views/location. I’m not clear how different the actual water depths and snorkeling experiences are.

Bottom-line: I would recommend both, rather than just one.

Last edited by gvaughn; Mar 14, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:19 pm

​​​​​​ That is a very good idea. Bora Bora was a dream location for me too wanted to go there since I saw some pictures of it when I was 16. We actually loved Moorea more then Bora Bora. We rented a car for the 5 days on Moorea & explored the entire island at our own pace. Also dined at different local places which was amazing.
On Bora Bora we felt kind of stuck on the resort Motu, as a round trip to Main Island was $15 per person & $25 per person after 4:15 Pm. We felt everything was overpriced on Bora Bora also is was very small compared to Moorea.
We also felt the snorkeling to be better in Moorea. Some people might not agree with though. We did go to main island Bora Bora 2 nights out of 5 once we rented a scotter and explored the island but 4 hours was more then enough, the other time we went to Bloody Mary for dinner. You should definitely check that out it was a really nice place a bit expensive though.
If I were to go there again I would directly go to Moorea & skip Bora Bora altogether.
I think 10 days just in Bora Bora would be too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.