Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by honores41
2 weeks ago

Thanks for taking me back!!! Fortunate to have stayed in this room back in 2017 for 5 nights, and any overwater experience beyond this would be hard to compare. The room is outstanding, the sea life is better than anything we have so far experienced, including a recent stay at Conrad Maldives. The pool also is large enough to swim in if the sea is not your thing. Really the only issue is the amount of people kayaking by to see who was staying in the room. It wasn't excessive, but enough to where I started messing with them. It would be a great room to share with another couple.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:49 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Really the only issue is the amount of people kayaking by to see who was staying in the room. It wasn't excessive, but enough to where I started messing with them. It would be a great room to share with another couple.
I am guilty as charged - we were one of those people who kayaked past those Presidential Villas to have a look (just the one time). I wasn't keen on who was staying in them but more about seeing these huge villas from the front. I wonder if the 2 Bedroom Brando Villas at the IC Thalasso would be better/better - yes we kayaked past those villas too when we stayed at that property.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:23 am

Thanks for taking me back!!! Fortunate to have stayed in this room back in 2017 for 5 nights, and any overwater experience beyond this would be hard to compare. The room is outstanding, the sea life is better than anything we have so far experienced, including a recent stay at Conrad Maldives. The pool also is large enough to swim in if the sea is not your thing. Really the only issue is the amount of people kayaking by to see who was staying in the room. It wasn't excessive, but enough to where I started messing with them. It would be a great room to share with another couple.
Just curious when you stayed, what room level were you originally when you booked and did you get upgraded via Diamond status? Also what time of year did you go, was it more off season? Thanks for any details you can provide!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Just curious when you stayed, what room level were you originally when you booked and did you get upgraded via Diamond status? Also what time of year did you go, was it more off season? Thanks for any details you can provide!
I booked a Pool Overwater Villa via an OTA. After doing so I contacted the resort to pay for an upgrade and was given a great price to move into a Royal Overwater Villa. On arrival I noticed once they placed my bag tags on that I had been upgraded further to the Presidential villa. I was literally in the yacht on the way to the resort when I noticed it, but it did not sink in until I walked thru the doors of the villa. It was during May and was shortly after the rebranding and grand reopening of the property.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:55 pm

I booked a Pool Overwater Villa via an OTA. After doing so I contacted the resort to pay for an upgrade and was given a great price to move into a Royal Overwater Villa. On arrival I noticed once they placed my bag tags on that I had been upgraded further to the Presidential villa. I was literally in the yacht on the way to the resort when I noticed it, but it did not sink in until I walked thru the doors of the villa. It was during May and was shortly after the rebranding and grand reopening of the property.
Thank you for the reply and details. I wonder what the upgrade potential is like now that the resort has been open for a couple years (not actually sure if busier or less busy). Also what is an OTA? Not sure I've seen that acronym on here before.

I think that Royal Overwater #107 would be my ideal spot to be honest, my wife and I really want to get at least that partial mountain view. But man, the Presidential would be unbelievable just due to size, scope and luxury.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:05 pm

Thank you for the reply and details. I wonder what the upgrade potential is like now that the resort has been open for a couple years (not actually sure if busier or less busy). Also what is an OTA? Not sure I've seen that acronym on here before.

I think that Royal Overwater #107 would be my ideal spot to be honest, my wife and I really want to get at least that partial mountain view. But man, the Presidential would be unbelievable just due to size, scope and luxury.
OTA= online travel agency( Booking.com, etc)

107 is what I had requested as well. I got over the missed view really quick with my upgrade. However, if you do look to the right from 1001, you will see some of the mountain.
The sunset view is on point. Let me dig it up.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:07 pm

Sunset from 1001
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:46 pm

Spent a week in 107 last Summer. Great room. Nice Mountain View and awesome Sunset View.

Based on the location, I would not want to stay in the other Royal. We actually turned down a Presidental upgrade opportunity for part of our trip. We were already settled in to 107 and it had more than enough space for our family of 3 and loved the “double” view.

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Feb 17, 2019 at 2:57 pm
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:48 pm

View from 1001
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
These paid upgrades are billed as regular through the property and thus accrue Honors points, right? Because between the Aspire Amex and a Diamond bonus, I’d be getting back a huge chunk of the points I spent to book the original rewards room.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by SAN-man
These paid upgrades are billed as regular through the property and thus accrue Honors points, right? Because between the Aspire Amex and a Diamond bonus, I’d be getting back a huge chunk of the points I spent to book the original rewards room.
Yes. I made a chunk with a double points promo at the time. Maybe you will get lucky and have a similar promo.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by gvaughn

Thanks. I’ve heard from people that eating a filling breakfast can generally tide you over until dinner also, so am less worried about lunch. Last time in FP, we did lots of baguettes (regulated government prices) plus meats and cheese anyway, from the local stores.

How do the prices for half board compare (as a committed pre-purchase) vs. just ordering off the menu? Are they about the same, or a decent discount for pre-purchasing?
Based on the prices you listed, they appear to be almost the same. Most of the time I only order a starter and a main, or just a main, instead of 3-course so personally, I wouldn't have really gotten a discount. If you always order 3 at each meal, then that's good I suppose. Also note that they have themed dinners as well (like Polynesian buffet and show) so you should inquire if the plan would apply towards those as well.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by spunkyt83
Based on the prices you listed, they appear to be almost the same. Most of the time I only order a starter and a main, or just a main, instead of 3-course so personally, I wouldn't have really gotten a discount. If you always order 3 at each meal, then that's good I suppose. Also note that they have themed dinners as well (like Polynesian buffet and show) so you should inquire if the plan would apply towards those as well.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:43 pm

So here is my DP:

Booked 5 nights on points (320k) last year for a stay earlier this month. I emailed to inquire about upgrade and was told it would be 30,000/40,000xpf for King OWV/Deluxe OWV, respectively. I responded and got them to lower it to 24,624xpf for King OWV based on cash price difference I see. I debated whether to go through with upgrade or not. Then finally decided to pull trigger about 5 days before my stay but checked app first and saw that I was upgraded to Deluxe OWV. When we arrived, we were assigned to Room 320 which was exactly the one we wanted based on the reviews here.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by spunkyt83
So here is my DP:

Booked 5 nights on points (320k) last year for a stay earlier this month. I emailed to inquire about upgrade and was told it would be 30,000/40,000xpf for King OWV/Deluxe OWV, respectively. I responded and got them to lower it to 24,624xpf for King OWV based on cash price difference I see. I debated whether to go through with upgrade or not. Then finally decided to pull trigger about 5 days before my stay but checked app first and saw that I was upgraded to Deluxe OWV. When we arrived, we were assigned to Room 320 which was exactly the one we wanted based on the reviews here.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.