Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by escape4
Are you Diamond?
Yes. But a "fake" diamond; Only through my Aspire.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:16 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by merice107107
Yes. But a "fake" diamond; Only through my Aspire.
I do not think it matters in BB, fake or not. Depending on availability I wish you will be upgraded to the Horizon View Villa - the views from up there are fantastic. I think those paying cash get better value with the HVV than the GVs.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:23 pm

I do not think it matters in BB, fake or not. Depending on availability I wish you will be upgraded to the Horizon View Villa - the views from up there are fantastic. I think those paying cash get better value with the HVV than the GVs.
The views do look great. But I will have my 2 year old daughter with me. Walking up to the villas is a no go. I really want a Beach pool villa, or a garden villa, or the garden view/lagoon view suite. No horizon and no over water rooms for us!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:38 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
The views do look great. But I will have my 2 year old daughter with me. Walking up to the villas is a no go. I really want a Beach pool villa, or a garden villa, or the garden view/lagoon view suite. No horizon and no over water rooms for us!
Given your circumstances you have a decent chance of free upgrade to GV. Perhaps you can change mid-stay for the BV if one of the two BVs become available and pay for the difference, I really enjoyed that room type.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:44 pm

Given your circumstances you have a decent chance of free upgrade to GV. Perhaps you can change mid-stay for the BV if one of the two BVs become available and pay for the difference, I really enjoyed that room type.
That's what I figured. I'm going to wait it out for the Garden Villa. I was quoted at 50,000 xpf to upgrade to a Beach Pool Villa. They are going to contact me if one opens up for our stay. Right now, nights 1, 2, and 7 are available. Not really a good split. Even if all 7 aren't available, I'd do the last 3 nights or something.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:54 pm

Dinner rates and ratings

I received an email from the Conrad to pre-book my meals. Can anyone offer their experience and feedback on standard prices, recommendations for eating at the Bora Bora vs Vaitape, etc...? As a Diamond I will get free breakfasts already...

Here is their offer:

Half-Board Plan (3-course dinner at any of our restaurants): 9,800XPF per day per person

- Full-Board Plan (3-course lunch + 3-course dinner at any of our restaurants):14,000XPF per day per person

Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by gvaughn
I received an email from the Conrad to pre-book my meals. Can anyone offer their experience and feedback on standard prices, recommendations for eating at the Bora Bora vs Vaitape, etc...? As a Diamond I will get free breakfasts already...

Here is their offer:

Half-Board Plan (3-course dinner at any of our restaurants): 9,800XPF per day per person

- Full-Board Plan (3-course lunch + 3-course dinner at any of our restaurants):14,000XPF per day per person
I can't offer any advice on this specific hotel, but i will say that when we did a half board option at the Hilton Labriz Seychelles, the menu was rather limited on what it included. I felt like it wasn't worth it. Hopefully someone can offer advice specific to this property, but that was my experience.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Looks like tons of availability just opened up again. I noticed June-Sept with standard rooms at 80k avail almost every day. Then nothing in October.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Awwucks
Looks like tons of availability just opened up again. I noticed June-Sept with standard rooms at 80k avail almost every day. Then nothing in October.
THANK YOU!!

I have been checking every day (sometimes multiple times per) with no luck. I just re-booked my 273K/day stay to 80K/day (plus free night). Saved 1,238,000 points!

Last edited by gvaughn; Feb 13, 2019 at 12:24 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:59 pm

So, from reading different posts on this thread regarding upgrades offered, looking at room maps, etc...it seems that the below info represents the different room types/levels. I've also added what I gather are the correct room numbers for each room type.Lagoon View Suite: (room numbers?)
Garden Villa: (401-407, 503-505?)
Horizon View Villa: (408-414?)
Beach Pool Villa: (501-502)
Overwater Villa: (114-123, 127-130, 301-314, 337-342)
Deluxe Overwater Villa: (101-106, 201-212, 315-328)
Pool Overwater Villa: (108-113, 124-125, 329-336)
Royal Pool Overwater Villa: (107,126)
Presidential Overwater Villa: (1001-1002)

Are the above correct, and are they listed in rank order from an upgrade perspective (based on availability)? The standard reward booking (80K) is a "King Garden View Suite". It appears to not be on this list, so guessing it should be the top category in the list above (before the lagoon view suite). Let me know if I've captured anything incorrectly (including room numbers). Also, do people feel that the above list shows in order the preferences for best rooms, based on view, etc..(understanding that some people may not prefer overwater rooms, if they have small kids, or other reasons)?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:39 pm

So, from reading different posts on this thread regarding upgrades offered, looking at room maps, etc...it seems that the below info represents the different room types/levels. I've also added what I gather are the correct room numbers for each room type.Lagoon View Suite: (room numbers?)
Garden Villa: (401-407, 503-505?)
Horizon View Villa: (408-414?)
Beach Pool Villa: (501-502)
Overwater Villa: (114-123, 127-130, 301-314, 337-342)
Deluxe Overwater Villa: (101-106, 201-212, 315-328)
Pool Overwater Villa: (108-113, 124-125, 329-336)
Royal Pool Overwater Villa: (107,126)
Presidential Overwater Villa: (1001-1002)

Are the above correct, and are they listed in rank order from an upgrade perspective (based on availability)? The standard reward booking (80K) is a "King Garden View Suite". It appears to not be on this list, so guessing it should be the top category in the list above (before the lagoon view suite). Let me know if I've captured anything incorrectly (including room numbers). Also, do people feel that the above list shows in order the preferences for best rooms, based on view, etc..(understanding that some people may not prefer overwater rooms, if they have small kids, or other reasons)?
Ehen looking at my dates in June, the Beach Pool villa was more expensive than the first two overwater villas (the ones without pools).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:50 pm

Ehen looking at my dates in June, the Beach Pool villa was more expensive than the first two overwater villas (the ones without pools).
Yeah...I think from some of the posts I've seen, the cost to upgrade to those were more expensive as well. I'm guessing because there are only two, people who don't want overwater have less selection to book from. I'm wondering from an "upgrade" perspective, if those are considered a higher level up...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:36 am

Upgrade Prices

Hey all, so I was able to get the 4/5 award nights at 80,000 points for December a few weeks ago. I also had a be my guest certificate from a Conrad stay in December, so I added that on the beginning of the trip.

When I was booking, there were issues with the points(it wasn’t going through), so I called the diamond desk and they sorted it out after almost a day. They apologized and told me to upgrade myself for that first night and they notated the account to not move our room due to the troubles booking.

I inquired about the upgrade pricing, and was given XPF 40,000 (~400$) for a king overwater villa. I know we would probably get upgraded to one being diamond, but I don’t want to chance it and with the diamond desk saying we wouldn’t be moved. Even better. So, I paid it, but then I looked on the app and the difference in price was significantly less from the standard room to the king overwater. It was even more than the pool villa. I emailed them this morning about it. Will they rectify it, or did I just overpay?

Thanks and I apologize for the lengthy post!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:46 pm

Here is their offer:

I just finished a stay and was disappointed overall with the food options here. There are 3 restaurants for dinner (Chinese, Sushi, and French). We ended up eating at the resort the whole time we were here because we wanted to enjoy our time in our OWV. If we ever return, we would take the boat into town to try some places there. There wasn’t any restaurant where we were left really impressed. So I’d say if you’re planning to stay st the resort, it’s good to do the half-board plan, since that’s kind of what we averaged out in our spending. I wouldn’t do the full board because the only restaurant open for lunch is the one by the pool so it’s VERY limited.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by spunkyt83

I just finished a stay and was disappointed overall with the food options here. There are 3 restaurants for dinner (Chinese, Sushi, and French). We ended up eating at the resort the whole time we were here because we wanted to enjoy our time in our OWV. If we ever return, we would take the boat into town to try some places there. There wasn’t any restaurant where we were left really impressed. So I’d say if you’re planning to stay st the resort, it’s good to do the half-board plan, since that’s kind of what we averaged out in our spending. I wouldn’t do the full board because the only restaurant open for lunch is the one by the pool so it’s VERY limited.
Thanks. I’ve heard from people that eating a filling breakfast can generally tide you over until dinner also, so am less worried about lunch. Last time in FP, we did lots of baguettes (regulated government prices) plus meats and cheese anyway, from the local stores.

How do the prices for half board compare (as a committed pre-purchase) vs. just ordering off the menu? Are they about the same, or a decent discount for pre-purchasing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.