Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by evh3134
Anyone know what happened to all the award availability? I've been watching it for a few weeks while waiting for the points from my Amex HHonors bonus to post. Availability was wide open for the next 2 + months. The day my bonus finally hit, availability vanished up until the last minute now. I know they like to play games with what a "standard" room is, especially since the next category room has the exact same sq footage and description as the standard room. I'm hoping to stay in early December, which should be low season so I'm fairly confident availability will open up, but still hard to go ahead and book flights without knowing 100%
Not totally sure what you're referring to. I've been looking for a while too and Nov/Dec have basically never shown any availability. Jan/Feb/March are completely open, which is what I was seeing a month ago (on top of availability near term).
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:56 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by DUflyer
A week before our stay, the booking said Horizon villa, the day before the stay we got downgraded to Garden villa, which is what we got (even though horizon was available).
The garden villa is actually really nice, except that I got eaten alive by mosquitos.
You are Diamond and got garden villa despite other room types being available, such as Horizon villa? First time I hear about this. I was under the impression that they upgrade when there is availability.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by escape4
You are Diamond and got garden villa despite other room types being available, such as Horizon villa? First time I hear about this. I was under the impression that they upgrade when there is availability.
Pretty much all room categories were bookable. I complained, but they said I did get a double upgrade.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DUflyer
Pretty much all room categories were bookable. I complained, but they said I did get a double upgrade.
That indeed is a double upgrade!

Can anyone confirm if the Horizon Villas are identical in size/layout to the Garden Villas except higher? I wonder if it is worth the effort to "hike" up the path several times each day if I am up there (I am a lazy guest). That said, there are some villas that are 'elevated' (on stilts?) but on the ground level ... are these horizon villas as well?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Not totally sure what you're referring to. I've been looking for a while too and Nov/Dec have basically never shown any availability. Jan/Feb/March are completely open, which is what I was seeing a month ago (on top of availability near term).
Using the flexible search function on the website definitely showed almost all of December wide open until a few days ago. I checked multiple times a day waiting for the points to post and then they all disappeared.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola
Taking advantage of United's seasonal flight to PPT and planning to visit the Hilton Moorea and the Conrad Bora Bora. From all the helpful info/advice in the two hotels' forum, I've gathered the following "how to". Please help fill in the blanks and critique. Thanks!

4. After arrival at BOB, take free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape. (Mentioned in the Conrad Bora Bora thread is the possibility to leave luggage with Conrad personnel to be delivered to the hotel. Is this service at BOB or at Vaitape?)

5. Shop at Chin Lee in Vaitape for provisions.

6. Take Vaitape shuttle (need name?) from Vaitape to/from Conrad (about $10/person one way). Shuttle located behind Robert Wan store - need confirmation.

7. Take shuttle back to BOB.

8. Fly Air Tahiti from BOB to PPT with 6:30 p.m. arrival to connect to UA's 10:40 p.m. flight back to SFO.

#4 , drop your bags off with the Conrad folks at the airport, then take the free shuttle to Vaitape. Everything else works.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Primary pick-up point for the Conrad/Vaitape shuttle is the main pier for the shuttles leaving from 430pm onwards.

Believe the cost is 1500xpf per person RT for the shuttles leaving the Conrad up through 4pm. After 4pm, the cost for shuttles goes up to if I recall correctly 3000xpf per person. That is the RT cost, I'm not sure if there is a reduced OW cost starting from Vaitape but I would plan on 1500xpf.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
Primary pick-up point for the Conrad/Vaitape shuttle is the main pier for the shuttles leaving from 430pm onwards.

Believe the cost is 1500xpf per person RT for the shuttles leaving the Conrad up through 4pm. After 4pm, the cost for shuttles goes up to if I recall correctly 3000xpf per person. That is the RT cost, I'm not sure if there is a reduced OW cost starting from Vaitape but I would plan on 1500xpf.
When I took the shuttle nobody checked to see if I had a ticket, or any other way to validate that I had paid, from the dock that is. It is my understanding that the ride to town is what you pay for, and the ride back is free. Makes sense to me as there is no other free option to arrive at the hotel.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne
When I took the shuttle nobody checked to see if I had a ticket, or any other way to validate that I had paid, from the dock that is. It is my understanding that the ride to town is what you pay for, and the ride back is free. Makes sense to me as there is no other free option to arrive at the hotel.

They break it down in round-trip costs yes, but get the non-Conrad stayers who want to eat at the Conrad to pay the "full fare" once they want to head back. Makes sense.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by Rifleman69
They break it down in round-trip costs yes, but get the non-Conrad stayers who want to eat at the Conrad to pay the "full fare" once they want to head back. Makes sense.
Not just the non-hotel guests . I arrived from Vaitape on the shuttle and payed nothing but the full return trip charge was added to my bill on checkout and I considered that only fair .
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:26 pm

Does this property leave the small plush on your bed prior to check in? If yes, does anyone know what it is? Sea creature?

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Oct 24, 2018 at 3:12 pm
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Does this property leave the small plush on your bed prior to check in? If yes, does anyone know what it is? Sea creature?
I didnt receive any cuddly toy or rubber ducky
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crombiestone
I didnt receive any cuddly toy or rubber ducky
Nor did I in either room. I meant to ask to get for my niece but forgot the ask.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:02 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Conrad Bora Bora Nui - Overwater Villa

Conrad Bora Bora Nui

Map| 9 Reviews | 33% Recommended

Conrad Bora Bora Nui

BP502 Vaitape, Bora Bora PF 98730

Conrad Bora Bora Nui - Overwater Villa (21 Photos)

Conrad Bora Bora Nui

We just finished the first leg of our stay in Bora Bora which was 6 nights at Conrad.  We are going next to St.Regis for 5 nights and will be able to compare the two properties.  After that, we will return to Conrad for another 10 nights, for a total of 21 nights. In this latter stay at Conrad we will try different room types and I will review each of them.  Some will wonder why we are changing hotels twice and even changing rooms during the same stay, but I have never disputed my insanity and I guess this is why it’s FT.

Generally speaking, Conrad Bora Bora Nui is arguably one of the nicest hotels in the hotel chain and right off the bat you can see why.  The area near the hotel dock is very welcoming and the grounds look beautiful. I could elaborate more on the common areas of the hotel but I will do so as part of my reviews next week.  

IMG_0107.jpg

Room

For this stay we had an overwater villa.  Given that the Conrad was entirely refurbished last year, the room looks great.  The room has floor to ceiling large patio doors that can completely open by sliding the glass panels on the wood structure of the villa to allow to have almost the entire wall panel wide open and make you feel you are sitting outside when you are actually sitting in your room.  Post renovations, Conrad is clearly a modern hotel: there are convenient international power plugs on each side of the bed, there is a bluetooth connection in the room such that you can connect a phone or iPad to play music in the speakers both inside the room and on the terrace outside.  The TV is conveniently hidden in the TV stand at the base of the bed and it does not block the ocean view from the bed when it’s turned off.  The TV can come up from the stand using the remote and it can rotate on each side which allows to watch TV from the small dining area next to the bed.  The bathroom is very large: there are two sinks on each side, a large bathtub, a toilet on one side and the shower on the other, both being of a good size as well.  The bathroom is facing the land-side not ocean-side, but there are frosted windows in each compartment (one in the toilet, one in the shower, and four around the bathtub) which means natural light comes in despite not entirely benefiting from the light coming from the patio doors.

IMG_0088.jpgIMG_0089.jpgIMG_0090.jpgIMG_0091.jpgIMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpeg

On the balcony there is a small round table with two chairs under a roof for people who want to stay in the shade and/or have dinner outside.  There are two lounge chairs on the other side which get sun all day (depends which villa however), in addition to the two hammocks above the deck.  The deck going to the water allows for great snorkeling around the villa because the waves are very modest around the resort and there is plenty of marine life.  There are several types of fish swimming by and we even saw a family of rays right in front of our villa.  Water around our villa was quite deep and it was safe to jump out of our deck, however this would be entirely dependent on which villa you have because water can be very shallow around other villas.  There are life vests available in the villa and we could borrow snorkeling equipment from the resort.  

IMG_0094.jpgIMG_0114.jpgIMG_0118.jpgIMG_0119.jpgIMG_0136.jpgIMG_0287.jpg

The choice of which OWV can be quite important not only for how deep the water is, but also for what views you have and how private the villa is.  I included here a map of the resort for ease of understanding.  The Deluxe OWVs are selling for a modest price premium over the standard OWVs and the only difference between them is where they are located. To be honest, some standard OWVs are just as good as the deluxe OWVs.  We were in 311; from 311-314 all you have is ocean views so it’s more private than villas which have a view of other villas, for example 122-123 or a view of the main hotel dock 129-130.  Our view was practically the same as 315-320 which are deluxe OWVs, and not very different from the deluxe villas 201-212 either.  In my opinion the best standard OWVs are 337-338 which are great for sunsets and are very private, in addition to 311-314 which are facing straight south so you get sun on the patio all day long and the uninterrupted ocean views like many deluxe OWVs.  Villas 311 and 314 are probably a bit better than 312-313, being marginally more private. Given the layout of the resort, my preferred deluxe OWVs would probably be 101-106 and 315-320.  

IMG_0117.jpg

In terms of privacy from our villa if we sat on the patio we could not see anybody except if neighbor 312 was going outside on their deck to the water.  Because of the angle with our villa, we could not see the water deck of the other neighbor 310.  If relaxing in the hammock then you can see neighbors 312-315.  The one weakness to the room in terms of privacy is that the window in the living room is facing the window in the living room of neighbor 312, so if both have their blinds up you can see in each other’s room.  It might have been a better design to have everybody’s living room facing the same side to avoid this situation.  

From this area of the resort, we could have very nice sunsets to our right and several people went out to their deck to enjoy the view.  

IMG_0298.jpg

Dining

As Hilton Diamond we had free breakfast in the restaurant.  Actually as noted by others in this thread, some items on the a la carte menu are for a modest $12 extra, but we are not big fans of waffles, pancakes, etc. so we just stuck to the buffet which had better hot food based on our personal preference so we enjoyed the free Diamond breakfast.  At the buffet there was a wide selection and the choice was changing every day, for example on different days we had pork with oyster sauce, chicken and tarot in coconut milk, tuna steaks, and one other day was a shrimp dish. There are several kinds of veggies and fruits available, including a warm sesame mixed vegetable stir fry dish which was excellent.  There were also spring rolls and fried wonton on some days.  They have miso soup, congee, and rice, in addition to French-style bakeries which were delicious, particularly the huge croissants.  

IMG_0101.jpgIMG_0102.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0296.jpgIMG_0297.jpg

Normally on Tuesday evenings there is a Polynesian buffet with a show, but they moved it to Wednesday during our stay because of Halloween. The food quality was very good and excellent selection such as crab, oysters, mussels, fish, etc.  If you are on the resort on a Tuesday night, I highly recommend the buffet.  

Some folks in this thread enquired about the boat to Vaitape – see schedule and prices below.  It is very convenient to get out of the resort once in a while and explore the main island.

IMG_0110.jpg

Overall

For this stay since we spent most of our time in the water around our villa.  I will write about other features of the resort next week, such as the swimming pool, gym, etc. when we will spend more time in land-based rooms rather than the overwater villa.  But for the moment I can say you cannot go wrong if you stay at Conrad.  Which room types provide good value for the money is a question I can only answer after staying in other rooms in a few days.  

Conrad Bora Bora Nui - Overwater Villa

Would you like to write a review on the Conrad Bora Bora Nui?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:15 am

In case anybody is interested, the Hilton Honors Experiences website currently has an auction for an "Ultimate Paradise Getaway At Conrad Bora Bora"

https://auction.hiltonhonors.com/iSy...tionId=2486676

per the website,
"Relaxation and unparalleled views await you at Conrad Bora Bora Nui, a blissful and luxurious resort. Experience the longest private stretch of soft white sand beaches nestled between the soaring backdrop of Mount Otemanu and the mesmerizing lagoon on the resort's private island, Motu To'opua.

You and your guest will enjoy a "Day In Paradise" - a full day excursion to Conrad Bora Bora Nui's exclusive islet, an incomparable dining experience at the French restaurant, Iriatai, and take an adventure to swim with sharks and rays! Relax with a massage at Hina Spa, our heaven of comfort and beauty with breathtaking views. Immerse yourself in the culture as you learn how to make a traditional flower crown using long leaves to braid a base before decorating it with beautiful blossoms. Your trip also includes a stay in an Overwater Villa at the newly renovated Conrad Bora Bora Nui.

This package for two (2) includes:
-Four (4) night stay in an Overwater Villa at Conrad Bora Bora Nui, including daily breakfast buffet
-"Day In Paradise" excursion to the exclusive islet, Motu Tapu, including three-course lunch
-Half-day excursion to swim with the sharks & rays at the lagoon
-Three-course Discovery menu with wine pairings at Iriatai
-50-minute massage of choice at Hina Spa
-Flower Crown Lesson
-Boat transfers to and from the airport"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.