Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
How long ago was your stay? Why not just call Hilton and tell them your points didn't post correctly.
I did. In review. Stay was last month and already received the proper spend points at another Hilton property there. Just looking for the actual webpage with terms. Saw some and screen grabbed what I could, but still searching for more info on terms.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman
Can anyone point me to the actual HH website page that spells out when you get base points and when you don't? We've always gotten HH points from our spending during a stay even on award nights, just not base points on the stay (just the spend, such as meals, upgrades, boat transfers and anything else charged to the room). And, I'm only referring to reservations booked directly with Hilton. I'm Diamond so was expecting 10x on all spending at the hotel including the cash we paid for upgrades on the nights booked direct. I did receive the HH Amex points for the spending, but I'm not asking about points for cc usage. We did receive all expected points on spending at Hilton Moorea (also award nights) without having to report to HH. But, that property is owned by a different company.
My issue was the opposite. I received my points no problem in Bora Bora, however my Moorea stay took numerous emails and phone calls to get it worked out. What finally fixed it was an email with my phone number attached, asking them to call me so I could explain what happened. That fixed it once they called me and I sent in my folio.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:50 pm

Some thoughts on Conrad vs. Thalasso

A fellow TA member emailed me about my last trip for a report. Thought I would share it here....

Now that we have been home a bit I have time to digest this years trip VS. last year.

Last year we did (don't recall the exact day count at each) :
IHG Tahiti
IHG Moorea
IHG Thalasso

This year we did:
IHG Tahiti - Overnight stay
Hilton Moorea - 1 day
Catamaran Charter - 6 days
IHG Le Moana - 4 days
Conrad BB - 5 days

Quick thing to get out of the way, we would never book Hilton Moorea again. We tried it for something different. But we like the IHG Moorea SO MUCH more.

I think we would do Thalasso for 4 days and Conrad for 5 next trip. The main reason would be to take advantage of the free night awards booking for each.

My wife really liked the smaller feel of Thalasso, and the Spa is hands down better at Thalasso. We enjoyed the massages the same, but the overall experience of the Spa at Thalasso can't be beat. I know people talk about the views from the rooms a lot. I do like a great view, but that is not huge on our list. But our Royal Conrad room (Room 107) hands down killed it over our Premium Overwater Villa at Thalasso. We did pay more for the upgrade at Conrad, but it was well worth it. We would pay for that upgrade again. When we go back to Thalasso we will only upgrade to the "basic" overwater Pool Villa.

One huge advantage Thalasso has over Conrad is all their rooms are OW as you know. So every reward night is OW. Conrad has many "hotel" rooms they use first. The space of the Thalasso rooms is also a big plus for us. We travelled there with our 8 year old at the time. Having a separate living space (AKA her bedroom) and our bedroom is very nice! Our daughter loved the glass-bottom coffee table. We left the light on at night. Best "nightlight" ever. You can only get that extra space at Conrad if you upgrade to the Royal or Presidential. Worth is to us, but the cost might not thrill others.

Free breakfast at Conrad over 50% off at IHG is nice. But not a deciding factor for us on where would stay. Especially since our daughter wanted pancakes every day for an add-on charge of $12.00 at the Conrad. Not extra at IHG.

We love to snorkel. Conrad hands down wins here. If/when we go back to Thalasso I would not even bother taking my snorkel gear out of my bag. But we snorkeled every day from Conrad.

So both places have plus and "minus" features. Nothing is really a minus though at either place.

Anything else you want my thoughts on please let me know.

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Aug 24, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
A fellow TA member emailed me about my last trip for a report. Thought I would share it here....

Now that we have been home a bit I have time to digest this years trip VS. last year.

Last year we did (don't recall the exact day count at each) :
IHG Tahiti
IHG Moorea
IHG Thalasso

This year we did:
Hilton Moorea - 1 day
Catamaran Charter - 6 days
IHG Le Moana - 4 days
Conrad BB - 5 days

Quick thing to get out of the way, we would never book Hilton Moorea again. We tried it for something different. But we like the IHG Moorea SO MUCH more.

I think we would do Thalasso for 4 days and Conrad for 5 next trip. The main reason would be to take advantage of the free night awards booking for each.

My wife really liked the smaller feel of Thalasso, and the Spa is hands down better at Thalasso. We enjoyed the massages the same, but the overall experience of the Spa at Thalasso can't be beat. I know people talk about the views from the rooms a lot. I do like a great view, but that is not huge on our list. But our Royal Conrad room (Room 107) hands down killed it over our Premium Overwater Villa at Thalasso. We did pay more for the upgrade at Conrad, but it was well worth it. We would pay for that upgrade again. When we go back to Thalasso we will only upgrade to the "basic" overwater Pool Villa.

One huge advantage Thalasso has over Conrad is all their rooms are OW as you know. So every reward night is OW. Conrad has many "hotel" rooms they use first. The space of the Thalasso rooms is also a big plus for us. We travelled there with our 8 year old at the time. Having a separate living space (AKA her bedroom) and our bedroom is very nice! Our daughter loved the glass-bottom coffee table. We left the light on at night. Best "nightlight" ever. You can only get that extra space at Conrad if you upgrade to the Royal or Presidential. Worth is to us, but the cost might not thrill others.

Free breakfast at Conrad over 50% off at IHG is nice. But not a deciding factor for us on where would stay. Especially since our daughter wanted pancakes every day for an add-on charge of $12.00 at the Conrad. Not extra at IHG.

We love to snorkel. Conrad hands down wins here. If/when we go back to Thalasso I would not even bother taking my snorkel gear out of my bag. But we snorkeled every day from Conrad.

So both places have plus and "minus" features. Nothing is really a minus though at either place.

Anything else you want my thoughts on please let me know.
Interesting your view about Hilton Moorea. Snorkeling there is in the top of the snorkeling locations in French Polynesia from shore in my opinion. Even better than Conrad. For our 3 trip back in a row this January 2018 we did

IHG Moorea (2nd time)
Hilton Moorea (3rd time)
Conrad Bora Bora. (1st)

I would return to Hilton Moorea every year a the beginning of the trip.

My own thoughts on the Conrad are well layed out in the review attached this thread but to summarize - we really like the Conrad.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Interesting your view about Hilton Moorea. Snorkeling there is in the top of the snorkeling locations in French Polynesia from shore in my opinion. Even better than Conrad. For our 3 trip back in a row this January 2018 we did

IHG Moorea (2nd time)
Hilton Moorea (3rd time)
Conrad Bora Bora. (1st)

I would return to Hilton Moorea every year a the beginning of the trip.

My own thoughts on the Conrad are well layed out in the review attached this thread but to summarize - we really like the Conrad.
Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:16 pm

I have an upcoming stay here and am planning to take the shuttle.
If i am understanding this right, take free shuttle from BOB airport to vaitape town and then take the conrad shuttle to resort - is that right?

How often are the shuttle from airport to Vaitape and how about vaitape to resort? we will be reaching BOB at 9:00 AM so wanted to know what time does the shuttle service starts.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by poisonsag
I have an upcoming stay here and am planning to take the shuttle.
If i am understanding this right, take free shuttle from BOB airport to vaitape town and then take the conrad shuttle to resort - is that right?

How often are the shuttle from airport to Vaitape and how about vaitape to resort? we will be reaching BOB at 9:00 AM so wanted to know what time does the shuttle service starts.
That is correct. The Airport to Vaitape shuttles are timed for the arriving Air Tahiti flights, so there will be one leaving shortly after you arrive at BOB airport.

For the Vaitape to Conrad schedules, I would email the resort for the exact times, but you shouldn't have to wait more than an hour or so from the time you arrive in Vaitape. Most of us that go this route use that time to walk down the street to the Chin Lee grocery store and stock up on snacks/beer/wine etc.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
That is correct. The Airport to Vaitape shuttles are timed for the arriving Air Tahiti flights, so there will be one leaving shortly after you arrive at BOB airport.

For the Vaitape to Conrad schedules, I would email the resort for the exact times, but you shouldn't have to wait more than an hour or so from the time you arrive in Vaitape. Most of us that go this route use that time to walk down the street to the Chin Lee grocery store and stock up on snacks/beer/wine etc.
Thank you!
Any tips for our return journey? How can we find the schedule of shuttles from vaitape to BOB airport for Sept 10th?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by poisonsag
Thank you!
Any tips for our return journey? How can we find the schedule of shuttles from vaitape to BOB airport for Sept 10th?
Just wait till you get there, it's really easy. The Airport-Vaitape-Airport shuttles are run by Air Tahiti, so there is always one departing Vaitape around 1-1.5 hrs before a departing Air Tahiti flight. Just check with the concierge once you arrive to figure out the best Conrad-Vaitape shuttle time for your return.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Duke787
Just paid 35000 XPF/night to guarantee the OWV upgrade as HH Gold (for flexible # of nights).

Wasn't wiling to chance it on our honeymoon as only a HH Gold. We arrive late on night 1 so only booked for the last 3 nights, hoping they'll ago ahead and just throw in night 1 (but if not all good).

Also offered 50k for a confirmed upgrade to OWV with Pool but required booking that for the entire stay so opted not to do that one (though may inquire about it on the spot if they still have availability).
For which month did you manage to confirm 35000 XPF ? As a gold I was quoted 50000 during October.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
For which month did you manage to confirm 35000 XPF ? As a gold I was quoted 50000 during October.
Email them again and let them know your friend had been quoted 35000xpf in the past. You may get it for 35000. If not they will do better than 50000
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
September (will be there in a few days)

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Email them again and let them know your friend had been quoted 35000xpf in the past. You may get it for 35000. If not they will do better than 50000
This. Based on this thread I saw someone at some point referenced 30k -- so I responded to my initial quote of 40k and said I couldn't swing that and had been expecting something closer to 30k. They came back at 35k and I called it a day.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
We booked a transfer from the Conrad to the Thalasso with Lagoon Service (lagoonservice.com) for XPF 15.000.
It was the cheapest direct transfer we found and was well worth it.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Originally Posted by DUflyer
We booked a transfer from the Conrad to the Thalasso with Lagoon Service (lagoonservice.com) for XPF 15.000.
It was the cheapest direct transfer we found and was well worth it.
That's not bad at all. Was it fully private? Would be super reasonable if we traveled with another couple and could split it.

Makes me wonder if any of the private tour operators would pick you up at one resort, take you on their tour and drop you at another resort...something to look into.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by ocdb8r
That's not bad at all. Was it fully private? Would be super reasonable if we traveled with another couple and could split it.

Makes me wonder if any of the private tour operators would pick you up at one resort, take you on their tour and drop you at another resort...something to look into.
I've read of people doing that on TripAdvisor. Not sure Id want to bring my luggage on a tour though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.