Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Similar experience here. I cancelled one night and points were not returned. I called the Diamond desk and several days later still no points in my account. I will have to call again...
reach out via twitter DM to them and make them open a case up for you. A person with the initials FG was the person to help me. Here was the reason I was given for the problem:
We also can confirm that the reason you are unable to cancel these reservations online is due to the hotel has removed your credit card details off the reservation so that it would not charge you a deposit for your stay. With that being said, this is the only reason you are not able to cancel online these particular reservations.
. That also causes problems for the cancelations when done via the phone (which would explain why I never got a cancelation email sent to me perhaps?). Anyway, just FYI, to keep on-top of these things
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Make sure your points are returned! I recently cancelled a six-night stay for early July 2019, and like yourself, I had to call to cancel. However, after a few days the points hadn't been redeposited, so had to have numerous exchanges with HH via Twittier until it finally got resolved by a lovely person in Hilton Corporate
Similar experience here. I cancelled one night and points were not returned. I called the Diamond desk and several days later still no points in my account. I will have to call again...
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
reach out via twitter DM to them and make them open a case up for you. A person with the initials FG was the person to help me. Here was the reason I was given for the problem: . That also causes problems for the cancelations when done via the phone (which would explain why I never got a cancelation email sent to me perhaps?). Anyway, just FYI, to keep on-top of these things
Interesting re: credit card removal and why you can't cancel these online any more. I cancelled mine over the phone this morning, points were back in my account before I hung up and received a cancellation email a few mins later.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:00 am

I was just able to cancel a reservation of 1 night online. The points went back in immediately. The weird thing is that I found where to cancel it on the Mobil site but I didn’t feel comfortable doing that. When I went to my computer, I couldn’t find it. I kept clicking different links on the my reservation page and all the sudden the cancel this room link was there. I clicked that and cancelled my reservation.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I made a reservation in May for late September. I have not heard from the hotel regarding complementary or paid upgrades. I emailed the hotel at [email protected] 9 days ago and have not received a response. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:15 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Are Diamond upgrades the same for points redemptions and cash bookings?

And if there is availability at the time of check-in for several room types, is the Diamond upgrade always to the OWV by default? Or have some received a lesser upgrade despite availability? Or have some received a better upgrade, for example beach pool villa or pool OWV?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:55 pm

Are Diamond upgrades the same for points redemptions and cash bookings?

And if there is availability at the time of check-in for several room types, is the Diamond upgrade always to the OWV by default? Or have some received a lesser upgrade despite availability? Or have some received a better upgrade, for example beach pool villa or pool OWV?
Points stays CAN get upgraded. But the hotel has no obligation too, no matter what your status. That being said, status may help you get an upgrade from a kind hearted employee.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by jrjcopp
I made a reservation in May for late September. I have not heard from the hotel regarding complementary or paid upgrades. I emailed the hotel at [email protected] 9 days ago and have not received a response. Any thoughts?
Never heard of them contacting you about complimentary upgrades. The day before you arrive your reservation may get upgraded.

Try this email [email protected]
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:30 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Points stays CAN get upgraded. But the hotel has no obligation too, no matter what your status. That being said, status may help you get an upgrade from a kind hearted employee.
That would be true of any hotel, anywhere in the world - no obligation.

However I was asking in terms of what is the typical policy at Conrad BB specifically. If there is lots of availability for many room types for example in low season, do they systematically upgrade to OWV on points redemptions? Or do they upgrade just sometimes, if they have their heart into it on that day - in other words they do not have a consistent policy?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Just cancelled a reservation for October 1-6, 2018. Now available at 80K per night.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:38 pm

What are the chances availability will open up for June? I'm seeing basically 0 from April to August.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by sunshine213
What are the chances availability will open up for June? I'm seeing basically 0 from April to August.
I'm getting the feeling all the Bora resorts will become last minute trips for those who can swing it. It is impossible to book out far in advance. I was able to book 4 nights Thalasso and 3 at Conrad for October this year. This was all done last week... Kind of a pipe dream to plan out long term now.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
I'm getting the feeling all the Bora resorts will become last minute trips for those who can swing it. It is impossible to book out far in advance. I was able to book 4 nights Thalasso and 3 at Conrad for October this year. This was all done last week... Kind of a pipe dream to plan out long term now.
Our trip to Conrad this year (5 nights on points) was booked a couple months out. Six months prior there was zero 80K award space available. I agree with Beagleflyer that planning hotel space a year out may not be possible.

But the good news is a bunch of space opens up within a month or two from most of the resorts. You may just need to book airfare, to get a good rate, a year in advance and build the hotel stays around those dates as rooms open up.

Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just check on a regular basis. I made an initial booking for October this year when award space opened last fall. Our honeymoon then moved up to September but no award space. Randomly one weekend morning about 5 months ago I was doing my checks and space was wide open including the dates I needed for September.

Given the amount of space open it wasn't just someone canceling but it was random.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Can anyone point me to the actual HH website page that spells out when you get base points and when you don't? We've always gotten HH points from our spending during a stay even on award nights, just not base points on the stay (just the spend, such as meals, upgrades, boat transfers and anything else charged to the room). And, I'm only referring to reservations booked directly with Hilton. I'm Diamond so was expecting 10x on all spending at the hotel including the cash we paid for upgrades on the nights booked direct. I did receive the HH Amex points for the spending, but I'm not asking about points for cc usage. We did receive all expected points on spending at Hilton Moorea (also award nights) without having to report to HH. But, that property is owned by a different company.

Last edited by Churnman; Aug 21, 2018 at 9:27 am
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Churnman
Can anyone point me to the actual HH website page that spells out when you get base points and when you don't? We've always gotten HH points from our spending during a stay even on award nights, just not base points on the stay (just the spend, such as meals, upgrades, boat transfers and anything else charged to the room). And, I'm only referring to reservations booked directly with Hilton. I'm Diamond so was expecting 10x on all spending at the hotel including the cash we paid for upgrades on the nights booked direct. I did receive the HH Amex points for the spending, but I'm not asking about points for cc usage. We did receive all expected points on spending at Hilton Moorea (also award nights) without having to report to HH. But, that property is owned by a different company.
How long ago was your stay? Why not just call Hilton and tell them your points didn't post correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.