Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:11 pm

Hello,
Planning to book this property for 5 nights during September, and have few questions:
  • I am planning to pay cash for the flights - Should i book directly from IAD to PPT? Any other tips? I have some excess UR points will that be any help?
  • I am NOT A diamond member for Hilton, should i try to match my status with them and then book the room? or should i book the rooms for now and make sure i am diamond when i am visiting the property during Sept?
  • Has anyone stayed here during Sept? how is the weather?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Has anyone ever stayed here in Jan? I've held rooms for Jan next year but the wife has been reading that this is typically their rainy season. Flights are also cheap from SFO with United and French Bee that Im like we should just go anyways....

Welcome any feedback ^
We stayed in the beginning of February. It rained every day. Not all day, but it did rain. We have stayed in April, June, and also November. Of the months we have visited, February was by far the rainiest. It didn’t ruin the vacation, but definitely had an affect. If it was my first time going, I would choose a different month.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:52 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Corridor!
We stayed in the beginning of February. It rained every day. Not all day, but it did rain. We have stayed in April, June, and also November. Of the months we have visited, February was by far the rainiest. It didn’t ruin the vacation, but definitely had an affect. If it was my first time going, I would choose a different month.
Perhaps you just had bad luck when you went in February or good luck in November, because statistically speaking February is not very different than November. Driest months seem to be May to October.

http://weather-and-climate.com/avera...ench-Polynesia
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Perhaps you just had bad luck when you went in February or good luck in November, because statistically speaking February is not very different than November. Driest months seem to be May to October.

http://weather-and-climate.com/avera...ench-Polynesia
We still had rain in November, just not every day. Of the months we have went, November was the 2nd rainiest month.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:53 pm

January 2017 had massive flooding which caused the airport to close and 100 homes were destroyed.

You are being redirected...

February 2018 was hit with massive rain for 15 days. I read reviews on Tripadvisor for the Thalaso and guests were asked to stay in their rooms. Everything at the resort was closed down due to the weather and concern for safety of the guests.

I tried to to find a link for this storm but wasn't able to. This storm was after we left. Read the reviews in the Thalasso thread on TripAdvisor for more info.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by poisonsag
Hello,
Planning to book this property for 5 nights during September, and have few questions:
  • I am planning to pay cash for the flights - Should i book directly from IAD to PPT? Any other tips? I have some excess UR points will that be any help?
  • I am NOT A diamond member for Hilton, should i try to match my status with them and then book the room? or should i book the rooms for now and make sure i am diamond when i am visiting the property during Sept?
Anyone?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:07 am

Hello, What options would I have to get from the Vaitape docks to the Conrad bora bora without paying for the hotel shuttle? I know this is bora bora, and for some it might be totally worth paying the $250+ fee for the airport transfers from BOB to the Conrad, but I'm looking to take the free airport shuttle from BOB to Vaitape, and then take the Conrad shuttle at the resort docks for $8pp to the Conrad Bora Bora.

Has anyone done this? If so, how often does the shuttle run? We arrive at BOB around 11am.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by persoid
Hello, What options would I have to get from the Vaitape docks to the Conrad bora bora without paying for the hotel shuttle? I know this is bora bora, and for some it might be totally worth paying the $250+ fee for the airport transfers from BOB to the Conrad, but I'm looking to take the free airport shuttle from BOB to Vaitape, and then take the Conrad shuttle at the resort docks for $8pp to the Conrad Bora Bora.

Has anyone done this? If so, how often does the shuttle run? We arrive at BOB around 11am.
We did exactly this - shuttle to Vaitape, then walk over to the Conrad shuttle dock. It runs every hour or every 1.5 hours if i recall, they have signs posted of the times.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
We did exactly this - shuttle to Vaitape, then walk over to the Conrad shuttle dock. It runs every hour or every 1.5 hours if i recall, they have signs posted of the times.
What does the shuttle cost PP from the airport to Vaitape?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

What does the shuttle cost PP from the airport to Vaitape?
It's free from airport to Vaitape. Any shuttles from airport directly to hotels are few hundred dollars. Always go Airport - Vaitape, and then catch a shuttle to the hotel from Vaitape, it's way cheaper.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:40 am

Hello,
Bump!
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
What are the best base OWV?

Would look for some combination of seclusion, sunset views, and mountain view / glimpse
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:25 am

Bump!
You need to get to PPT, and then from PPT to BOB using cash or UR to book the flights. You can do Gold challenge at Hilton - we got upgraded to OWB on gold status.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
You need to get to PPT, and then from PPT to BOB using cash or UR to book the flights. You can do Gold challenge at Hilton - we got upgraded to OWB on gold status.
Thanks, what month did you visited this property?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:02 am

Thanks, what month did you visited this property?
We were there this April - the weather was perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.