Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:28 pm

Doing 5 nights at Conrad Bora Bora, not sure about spending night 6 there or Hilton tahiti. My flight leaves near midnight so if I spend that day in Bora Bora, a mid-afternoon flight should leave plenty of time to catch my flight home. My usual procedure when traveling on separate tickets is to overnight near the airport leaving extra time for things to go wrong- but I'm thinking this trip might be the time to make an exception to that rule as an entire day on Tahiti seems overkill. Thoughts? Night 6 at Conrad or Hilton Tahiti?
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by 49penguins
Doing 5 nights at Conrad Bora Bora, not sure about spending night 6 there or Hilton tahiti. My flight leaves near midnight so if I spend that day in Bora Bora, a mid-afternoon flight should leave plenty of time to catch my flight home. My usual procedure when traveling on separate tickets is to overnight near the airport leaving extra time for things to go wrong- but I'm thinking this trip might be the time to make an exception to that rule as an entire day on Tahiti seems overkill. Thoughts? Night 6 at Conrad or Hilton Tahiti?
In 2020, when we had a flight leaving PPT, we scheduled our return flight for about 4 hours prior to departure.
49penguins likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 6:08 pm

I had this same dilemma when I stayed and ended up booking the second to last flight of the day. The airport workers went on strike and we ended up having to stay an extra day. Grateful I had travel insurance as that extra night was not cheap. Air Tahiti was accommodating rebooking us the next day.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
I had this same dilemma when I stayed and ended up booking the second to last flight of the day. The airport workers went on strike and we ended up having to stay an extra day. Grateful I had travel insurance as that extra night was not cheap. Air Tahiti was accommodating rebooking us the next day.
oh snap! I’ve got my AR insurance ($500. Lol.) but haven’t added anything else yet. Was thinking just something for medical but maybe I need to reconsider that…
Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:48 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Night 6 at Conrad or Hilton Tahiti?
I'd vote for the Conrad. We did the 2nd-to-last flight that would provide sufficient connecting time at PPT. Even those who came in on the later arrivals weren't rushing to the check-in desks. We had an hour departure delay due to weather, but we still had a few hours at PPT. I'd say outside of severe weather or operational disruptions, a night in Tahiti as a buffer is unnecessary.

That being said, we booked two nights in Tahiti on the outbound as a buffer in case we had a delay getting to Bora Bora. We ended up using one of the nights because our LAX-PPT was delayed 8 hours due to a medical diversion on the inbound aircraft. Also, our flights on TN were mileage tickets, so I had more confidence in being able to rebook something if there were IRROPS on the return.
49penguins likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:03 am

Yes I'd stay on Bora Bora as well rather than Tahiti any day.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by unstableone
How long does check in process take?
OTOH, about 25 mins in 2019. included a bit of waiting and plenty of detail about the property. I had extra questions about excursions (e.g. diving) too.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:07 pm

Sticking with Conrad for another night! Thanks all!
Old Jan 27, 2023, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by cmeyer38
Hello All

Heading to this property first week in January and received an upgrade offer for below:

Pool Horizon Villa for about $183.00 usd per night-pool not on water it looks like

Deluxe Overwater Villa for about $450 usd per night-on water but no pool it looks like

Currently booked on points in the Lagoon View Suite.

This is our first time at this property so any recommendations would be appreciated.
Isn't it ironic that Lagoon View Suite is priced at over 100000xpf more than Deluxe Overwater Villa (at rack rate), but you have to pay $450 to "upgrade" to a more expensive room to a cheaper room?
Old Jan 28, 2023, 8:32 am

I've got a stay there in 3 weeks. Will they contact me to ask about the boat transfer from BOB? Do I need to arrange that myself?
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Globalist on points
I've got a stay there in 3 weeks. Will they contact me to ask about the boat transfer from BOB? Do I need to arrange that myself?
I usually email them my flight info. That is all they need. They should email you in a week or two

TD
Old Jan 28, 2023, 12:03 pm

They reached out even when I was proactive in providing the details prior.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by cmeyer38
We are thinking of booking, what did you think about it?
It was alright. I would not recommend it for the price.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:33 am

Cancellation standard reward nights for Sept 6-13. Not sure if they'll go back into inventory. Planning on staying elsewhere this time.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 12:46 pm

Booked the Horizon Pool Villa coming up in a few weeks... is there a specific horizon pool villa number I should ask for? Like are any of them quieter or have a better view than the others? I know it's typically the case in the Maldives and other OWV rooms where within the same category it's useful to ask for a specific one.

Is it worth asking about upgrades to an OWV w/pool or is the Horizon Pool villa a good place to be? A pool is a requirement for us.

Last edited by 747kona; Feb 12, 2023 at 12:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.