Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old Dec 29, 2022, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
In the end I might recommend option 1 like you, but that said I am not entirely in alignment with your view that OWVs are overrated. The main reason is that there are lots of other places in the world where you can stay in a villa on a hill, but overwater is less common so I could easily understand if someone wanted to be overwater no matter what.
True.. However the novelty wears off rather quickly. I stayed in the Presidential OWV on my last stay and would still choose the upgrade I recommended. The view is absolutely gorgeous and you can still enjoy the water from the beach.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 2:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by brodielayne
True.. However the novelty wears off rather quickly.
I have stayed in OWVs in various places (not only Conrad BB), probably about 60 nights in the last 4-5 years and to be honest I am always happy to return above water. I have not reached the point of "novelty wears off" yet I guess!

But for the price differences quoted the HVVs are decent value; I have stayed there a couple of times and liked those as well Solid value.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:43 am

I am monitoring the Dec 23 & Jan 24 schedule for past 30 days to book using points, but for last 30 days, only schedule till 16h Dec is open. Is there a pattern on when hilton releases award availability for this hotel. is it weekly or monthly basis new schedule is opened?. I see for some other hilton properties, scheule is open for jan but for this property, no new scheudle is getting opened for lst 30 days.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: American Airlines Gold, Delta Airlines Medallion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by windnsea26
My wife just booked the same thing for our anniversary day the 24th. Pretty pricey but she really wanted to do it.
We are thinking of booking, what did you think about it?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 8:13 pm

Conrad Bora Bora is charging 2 night deposit for each reservation?

I thought flexible rate is charged at checkout ?

2-night deposit is a lot to give away if you are booking few months out, cuz most nights are over $1000 easily.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 9:35 pm

They don’t actually charge or authorize. Just run a validity check on the card. Try with a dummy card.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 10:48 pm
zac

Deposit

I just completed a stay there. They charged two nights on booking and the remaining nights once the cancelation window expired.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by zac
I just completed a stay there. They charged two nights on booking and the remaining nights once the cancelation window expired.
Charging for two nights seems excessive... i remember they use to not charge anything at all at booking. What changed? Are they losing money from cancellation? I mean, it's also a cost of resource to have to send 2-night refund for cancellation before cancellation window expiry.

I don't believe any of the competing resorts at Bora Bora also charges deposit?
Old Jan 15, 2023, 8:52 am

I have a Hilton reservation for almost $5k where full amount is required as deposit. Booked with an empty card just fine. I still doubt they charge thousands as deposit on flex reservations. If reservation is non-ref, full payment it would make sense but not on flexible.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I have a Hilton reservation for almost $5k where full amount is required as deposit. Booked with an empty card just fine. I still doubt they charge thousands as deposit on flex reservations. If reservation is non-ref, full payment it would make sense but not on flexible.
What's an "empty card"?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
What's an "empty card"?
A card that is valid but has no funds available on it.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 3:31 pm

How long does check in process take?

Last edited by unstableone; Jan 23, 2023 at 10:40 pm Reason: PI
Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:46 am

Totally not a weird thing to ask
mlqsko and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:14 pm

hi, i'm wondering if there's any option to avoid or get a cheaper to the Conrad Bora Bora on arrival and departure. i read in some earlier posts about a free shuttle to the main island but it might preclude arrival and departure? any one with recent experience on this? thank you.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:12 pm

Just booked 5 nights on points for next week, seems like they released lots of availability.

We are staying at the FS before, does anyone know the best way to transfer between the resorts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.