Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old Dec 8, 2022, 7:31 am

While there may be some generalities, I find the release date more haphazard and hard to predict. I usually end up checking multiple times a day. Also never ever been successful getting Standard points rooms about a week before Xmas until after January 1. They might exist, but I've never seen them.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 1:41 am

Can someone explain to me why standard room award is actually not the lowest category room for Conrad Bora Bora?

The standard room award is actually "King Lagoon View Suite", which is several categories above the lowest category room "King Garden Villa"....

Is this some type of game that this resort trying to play to limit number of standard room award redemption as much as possible?

I am basing the categories on pricing... King Lagoon View Suite is selling way more expensive than King Garden Villa.

Last edited by uclacolumbiaunc; Dec 9, 2022 at 1:48 am
Old Dec 9, 2022, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Can someone explain to me why standard room award is actually not the lowest category room for Conrad Bora Bora?

The standard room award is actually "King Lagoon View Suite", which is several categories above the lowest category room "King Garden Villa"....

Is this some type of game that this resort trying to play to limit number of standard room award redemption as much as possible?

I am basing the categories on pricing... King Lagoon View Suite is selling way more expensive than King Garden Villa.
king lagoon view suite is lower. Its basically in a shared building of suites by the gym. The garden villa is its own villa
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The "dorm rooms".
mlqsko likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by KRUXED
king lagoon view suite is lower. Its basically in a shared building of suites by the gym. The garden villa is its own villa
If this is the case, why is King Lagoon View Suite selling approximately 120000 XPF more than King Garden Villa?
Old Dec 9, 2022, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
If this is the case, why is King Lagoon View Suite selling approximately 120000 XPF more than King Garden Villa?
I dont have any comment on the hotels inventory management or pricing strategy. What I can tell you from experience, is that is the case. The standard award room is a suite and is in a shared building with the gym. The garden villa is a far better room as it is its own villa

Last edited by KRUXED; Dec 9, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Old Dec 15, 2022, 2:46 pm

Does taking a flight from ppt with a technical stop and another short stopover that arrives 2 hours earlier then the other flight make any sense?
Old Dec 15, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I would book a nonstop for the domestic segment to minimize my time on a VT plane even if it meant some extra time at PPT. At least there are food & beverage options while on the ground at PPT. Also note that VT schedules can and do change with some frequency, so what you're booking today might end up with a worse routing in the future or additional layover time if you're not on the nonstop.
mlqsko likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:08 am

I and my wife were planning our third trip next September to Conrad Bora Bora. We always book the standard room and pay for upgrades to OWB. This time however, they say the policies have changed (yet again); they won't offer the potential for paid upgrades until 14 days out (and not before). This is a deal breaker for us as I don't want to take the risk at the very last second. Others had similar information, or had better luck with paid upgrades?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 11:20 am

About to cancel a standard points stay from April 15-20. Of course no guarantees it will go back, but pm me if you want to coordinate.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: American Airlines Gold, Delta Airlines Medallion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold,
Hello All

Heading to this property first week in January and received an upgrade offer for below:

Pool Horizon Villa for about $183.00 usd per night-pool not on water it looks like

Deluxe Overwater Villa for about $450 usd per night-on water but no pool it looks like

Currently booked on points in the Lagoon View Suite.

This is our first time at this property so any recommendations would be appreciated.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by cmeyer38
Hello All

Heading to this property first week in January and received an upgrade offer for below:

Pool Horizon Villa for about $183.00 usd per night-pool not on water it looks like

Deluxe Overwater Villa for about $450 usd per night-on water but no pool it looks like

This is our first time at this property so any recommendations would be appreciated.
Overwater villas are overrated. Take option 1 and enjoy the incredible view and savings for other $hit.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
Overwater villas are overrated. Take option 1 and enjoy the incredible view and savings for other $hit.
…agree…who knows, you might also get lucky and they upgrade you to OW when you get there….

…but if being in an OW is a bucket list item I would pay for the upgrade now. With more people traveling I think free upgrades are going to harder to come by for a little bit….

TD
EuropeanPete and brodielayne like this.

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Dec 28, 2022 at 4:46 pm
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by cmeyer38
Hello All

I would definitely recommend taking one of the upgrades. As others have mentioned, the Lagoon Suites are connected rooms with little view, above the gym and kids' club, and I just don't think the experience would be the same there.

As between the Horizon with pool and the OWB, it's obviously a matter of personal choice. The Horizon villas are up a hill, and although they appear to have nice views, they are pretty far away from the water and the rest of the resort facilities. We felt it was worth the extra cost to upgrade to an OWB. It's a unique experience and we were spending so much in any event that the additional cost was worth it to us; others may disagree, but for us it was what made Bora Bora different than any other beach vacations -- swimming and snorkeling right off your deck with an amazing expanse of beautifully colored water in front of you. We had a pool with our OWB but rarely used it, so I don't think you would miss that aspect; for the Horizon villas, I imagine having a pool would be very useful.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:17 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by brodielayne
In the end I might recommend option 1 like you, but that said I am not entirely in alignment with your view that OWVs are overrated. The main reason is that there are lots of other places in the world where you can stay in a villa on a hill, but overwater is less common so I could easily understand if someone wanted to be overwater no matter what.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.