Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:56 am

Any tips/tricks for booking the PPT-BOB flights?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Any tips/tricks for booking the PPT-BOB flights?
We booked our Air Tahiti flights almost 10 months in advance, shortly after we booked our accommodations and Air Tahiti Nui flight, because we just wanted to get everything square away.. We periodically checked the prices and they DID NOT CHANGE at all over the next 9+ months. So if you want to wait to book, there shouldn't be any issue. They currently are the only interisland airline and they do not have sales.

That said, I recently saw an article that there may be competition coming, but no idea on when they may start offering flights:
https://simpleflying.com/tahiti-new-...etition%20area.

If you are traveling to multiple islands, there are various Air Passes which might be worth a look. We looked at the Air Pass option, but for our itinerary (PPT-RFP, RFP-BOB, BOB-MOZ) it wouldn't really save us any money and it was less flexible, so we just booked individual tickets. Note that Air Tahiti adjust flight schedules twice year, so the timing of all our flights shifted a bit. .About 2 weeks before our trip, we decided to reschedule to a later flight from RFP-BOB, price was still the same there was no change fee. Flights do fill up with locals about 1 week to a few days out, so you don't want to wait until the absoulte last minute.

When you fly out of PPT, they make you take all liquids and all electronics (phones, tablets, computers), battery packs, etc. our of your bag, so be prepared. Also, the planes are all open seating, so if you want a window seat on the left side of the plane for the best views coming into BOB, get there early and get in line as soon as it starts forming. Coming back from BOB, the airport is tiny, and there is no security check like in PPT.
mlqsko likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by ValueGal
We booked our Air Tahiti flights almost 10 months in advance, shortly after we booked our accommodations and Air Tahiti Nui flight, because we just wanted to get everything square away.. We periodically checked the prices and they DID NOT CHANGE at all over the next 9+ months. So if you want to wait to book, there shouldn't be any issue. They currently are the only interisland airline and they do not have sales.

That said, I recently saw an article that there may be competition coming, but no idea on when they may start offering flights:
https://simpleflying.com/tahiti-new-...etition%20area.

If you are traveling to multiple islands, there are various Air Passes which might be worth a look. We looked at the Air Pass option, but for our itinerary (PPT-RFP, RFP-BOB, BOB-MOZ) it wouldn't really save us any money and it was less flexible, so we just booked individual tickets. Note that Air Tahiti adjust flight schedules twice year, so the timing of all our flights shifted a bit. .About 2 weeks before our trip, we decided to reschedule to a later flight from RFP-BOB, price was still the same there was no change fee. Flights do fill up with locals about 1 week to a few days out, so you don't want to wait until the absoulte last minute.

When you fly out of PPT, they make you take all liquids and all electronics (phones, tablets, computers), battery packs, etc. our of your bag, so be prepared. Also, the planes are all open seating, so if you want a window seat on the left side of the plane for the best views coming into BOB, get there early and get in line as soon as it starts forming. Coming back from BOB, the airport is tiny, and there is no security check like in PPT.
Air Moana is supposedly to start flying in September 2022, but haven't started any ticket sales. The latest article I can find on the subject is from mid-May 2022, and it mentions still on track for September launch. I'm travelling in October 2022 and although some of the most attractive flights have become 30-40$ more expensive, I'm holding out to see if any of these other carriers are starting operations.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by ValueGal
WAlso, the planes are all open seating, so if you want a window seat on the left side of the plane for the best views coming into BOB, get there early and get in line as soon as it starts forming. Coming back from BOB, the airport is tiny, and there is no security check like in PPT.
To add to this, I thought I was well researched to have figured this out ahead of time but EVERY damn person knew about both this and flying on the right side for the way home. People didn’t wait for the official lineup call for forming lines. A few people just arrived and rather than sitting on a bench they just formed the line and then EVERYONE scrambled so they could sit on the left side of the plane. It was ridiculous.

Not sure if anyone else has had problems with this. If you want to avoid the scramble pay the extra for the preferred/early boarding option (I forget what it’s called). They sell like less than 10 of them though so buy early.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:13 pm

Preparing for Stay

Wife and I are very excited for our stay coming up next month! Other than restaurant reservations and maybe excursions is there anything else we should coordinate beforehand? Do they usually reach out to schedule the airport shuttle time or should I proactively reach out? Also any tips for best diving excursions would be a big help.
Charlie9 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by jimothy9876
Wife and I are very excited for our stay coming up next month! Other than restaurant reservations and maybe excursions is there anything else we should coordinate beforehand? Do they usually reach out to schedule the airport shuttle time or should I proactively reach out? Also any tips for best diving excursions would be a big help.
viator is your best friend. There are SO many excursions. I recommend the snorkeling/jet ski/lunch combo run by Manu. Also there’s a tour that takes you around Mt Otemanu on an ATV run by another guy named Manu. That was spectacular.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:04 pm

Conrad Manta Ray excursion with their on-site marine biologist is well worth it!
afmiami likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by jimothy9876
I would reach out proactively for your airport shuttle. Screenshot and send your Air Tahiti flight info and email it to them asking for a shuttle pick up and departure. Do this like a week in advance. Especially if you don’t hear from them before then.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:09 pm

Just back from the Conrad-- Diamond status was hardly recognized safe for a black wristband. No upgrade, no late checkout. Resort was full but didn't seem that way-- there was plenty of space.

We booked all of our excursions directly through the hotel. Highlights were the catamaran with Vitamin Sea and the manta ray tour with the onsite biologist, as mentioned above.

In terms of restaurants, reservations are essential, but we were able to pester a bit via WhatsApp for better times. Iratai was a special dining experience, even dining a la carte (the prix fixes were almost always too much food for us), and Banyan was fine. The sushi place was overpriced and totally missable for us. Try your best to avoid eating at the Iratai bar-- the menu is totally disappointing.

The spa was a wonderful experience and fairly priced, highly recommend finding the time to go.

The only inconsistencies were with housekeeping, who seemed to have a different strategy for cleaning and turn down each day, and our host, who we barely saw after we arrived. We also were on our honeymoon and received no special treatment or arrival gift, so manage your expectations there.

Wi-Fi was strong in the rooms but dropped off around the resort. The TV channels are nearly all in French, so highly recommend bringing a Roku or HDMI cable if you want to watch anything in the evenings.
mlqsko likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:39 pm

Is 6 days too many? I booked 5 nights (with 5th night free) with points and have a free night certificate expiring EOY. Just wondering whether to use it here or somewhere else. Seems Hilton Moorea is not available on points for standard room pricing.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by satellite779
Is 6 days too many? I booked 5 nights (with 5th night free) with points and have a free night certificate expiring EOY. Just wondering whether to use it here or somewhere else. Seems Hilton Moorea is not available on points for standard room pricing.
6 nights is fine. I spent 5 in Moorea then 6 at Bora Bora, was a wonderful time. If you’re only staying in BB I’d say even a little more time would be fine. Splitting time at both was a good move, we loved each island for their own things.

This is all based on your ability to chill and relax. There is a lot to do in BB but it takes money and effort to do a lot of it (excursions, dinners, spa time, etc).
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:11 am

Kids eat

Is conrad kids eat free?my children is 6 years older。i ordered spaghetti for her and they charge me $20。
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Ejdndkak
Is conrad kids eat free?my children is 6 years older。i ordered spaghetti for her and they charge me $20。
As per

Originally Posted by SFOvacations
One thing not advertised is kids under 6 eat free off the kids menu with the adults. This allowed us to order menu items at breakfast for no charge since there was no breakfast kids menu.
Under 6 and with the adults

SFOvacations ,
I assume you can't order food just for the "under 6" and get away free? One adult must have a meal too? Could you please clarify. Thanks
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mlqsko
As per

Under 6 and with the adults

SFOvacations ,
I assume you can't order food just for the "under 6" and get away free? One adult must have a meal too? Could you please clarify. Thanks
It's under 6. We met a guest with a 6 year old and they didn't qualify. The adults should be dining, ie can't just order a kids meal at the pool. However not sure how strict they are since we one night we just went to the sushi bar for drinks and the kids wanted dessert, we were just charged for our drinks.
mlqsko likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:03 pm

Upgrade question

We are currently here on a 6 night point stay. We are Diamond but we know comp upgrades are limited so when Hilton asked if we wanted a paid upgrade to an OWB we accepted, only to then get a notice that that was pending availability. When we got here the hotel was sold out so we got it- no upgrades, comp or paid. We asked that they upgrade us when space became available later in the week, at the time Thursday and Friday were showing tons of availability. Today we asked again about a comp or paid upgrade to an OWB, as there is still availability showing. We were told no. I understand that the OWB are more than one level above the standard redemption rooms, but I’ve never been denied a paid upgrade when there is space available. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions or work arounds? Can the Hilton Diamond line help? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.