Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Victor Lin
Thanks for the write up! Lucky you rolled the dice and got upgraded even at full capacity. Sounds like you were upgraded for all 4 nights?

Can you inform who best to contact for restaurant reservations? Also interested in the Polynesian cultural night.

Thank you!
For my experience there I had terrific success with using the concierge. We called them for many boat shuttle trips to the shore, never had a problem and our name was always on the list as we expected.

When we first arrived we sat down and penciled in restaurant reservations for all the available nights we could. Banyan was booked out for the first several nights but we put our name down for the Polynesian dinner and Iriatai. We also called them to organize a reservation for us at St James on the island and they called the restaurant and organized our shuttle boat and taxi for the trip. We ended up going long on an excursion before the evening boat left and we had the concierge cancel that reservation and they were able to get us a same night reservation at Iraitai instead.

Overall we found them super helpful and didn’t have any of the issues that others have described. We called them every time btw, didn’t try the app messaging since people described some issues with that.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:50 am

I was able to grab 6 nights yesterday for December, and now I found 2 of those nights are also available at St. Regis. Is it worth to spend 2 nights at St Regis?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2
I was able to grab 6 nights yesterday for December, and now I found 2 of those nights are also available at St. Regis. Is it worth to spend 2 nights at St Regis?
Really up to you on how much you want to move around and your budget. If you book 4 nights on points you get the 5th night free at Hilton hotels. So, obviously a lot more cost effective to stay at Conrad for 5 nights. If you're using FNCs or just paying cash then I think 4 days at Conrad would be a decent amount of time if you don't mind moving and only having 2 days at St. Regis. Personally on vacations I don't like to stay less than 3 nights at any one location (5 days for a far travel distance like BB), but that's different for everyone.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Really up to you on how much you want to move around and your budget. If you book 4 nights on points you get the 5th night free at Hilton hotels. So, obviously a lot more cost effective to stay at Conrad for 5 nights. If you're using FNCs or just paying cash then I think 4 days at Conrad would be a decent amount of time if you don't mind moving and only having 2 days at St. Regis. Personally on vacations I don't like to stay less than 3 nights at any one location (5 days for a far travel distance like BB), but that's different for everyone.
Thanks. It turns out December is rainy month, I am going move it to a different month. I am using 3 certificates that expires 12/31/22

How's weather there in March? I was able to find two J seats both way, but not sure if the weather is good.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:45 pm

I don't think anyone replied to me, but in case anyone cares, your room upgrade price and shuttle should count for points (I think Conrad Maldives does not report shuttle though, but it should be counted at Bora Bora). After doing a runaround between Diamond Desk and Conrad (Diamond Desk told me to mail HHonors about it, HHonors contacted Conrad who said they couldn't do anything and to contact Diamond desk, then I called back Diamond desk who called hotel but there was a miscommunication, so I had to call Diamond again who spoke to the Conrad, and then fixed it). Ended up gaining about 60,000 HH points. Always check your points earning to make sure it is confirmed!

Side note, hang up and call again for Diamond Desk is sadly a thing now I feel. The first Diamond Desk agent I spoke to during business hours had some English issues, and I shouldered through but I probably should've contacted someone who was easier to communicate with. I assumed Diamond Desk wouldn't send calls to an international call center during normal business hours, but that's what it seemed like.
ricohitman and Cynapse like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by mcs26891
Side note, hang up and call again for Diamond Desk is sadly a thing now I feel. The first Diamond Desk agent I spoke to during business hours had some English issues, and I shouldered through but I probably should've contacted someone who was easier to communicate with. I assumed Diamond Desk wouldn't send calls to an international call center during normal business hours, but that's what it seemed like.
I called on Sunday and pretty sure I got an oversea agent. Had a bit hard time understanding her but she was very helpful and sounded like she would extend my certificate but I booked Dec 2022 instead. Today I called twice, got different agents, both definitely in the US, neither would extend quoting Hilton Policy. I cancelled the reservations instead :-(
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by mcs26891
I don't think anyone replied to me, but in case anyone cares, your room upgrade price and shuttle should count for points (I think Conrad Maldives does not report shuttle though, but it should be counted at Bora Bora). After doing a runaround between Diamond Desk and Conrad (Diamond Desk told me to mail HHonors about it, HHonors contacted Conrad who said they couldn't do anything and to contact Diamond desk, then I called back Diamond desk who called hotel but there was a miscommunication, so I had to call Diamond again who spoke to the Conrad, and then fixed it). Ended up gaining about 60,000 HH points. Always check your points earning to make sure it is confirmed!

Airport boat shuttle shows up on the folio so I'm not sure why people would assume it doesn't count towards points?

I figured I was missing points as well from my stay. I earned 119,000 from my 5 day stay in Moorea where I only spent $500. Not sure how that worked out, but I'll take it. Conrad on the other hand I spent almost $3,000 and I only earned like 45,000 points. I emailed Conrad, they forwarded my email to HHonors. They ended up crediting me another 120,000 or so, which seems about right. Unfortunately there's no way in hell to verify what kind of points you should be earning with all the multipliers, credit card bonuses, etc. Overall I think my total points earned between on spend, multipliers, paid upgrades, and a 10k bonus from a Diamond agent for calling them I earned ~288,000 points from my stay. Not bad, about a 3 night return worth at a high point hotel!
lily23 and freefalcon like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:08 pm

Airport boat shuttle shows up on the folio so I'm not sure why people would assume it doesn't count towards points?

I figured I was missing points as well from my stay. I earned 119,000 from my 5 day stay in Moorea where I only spent $500. Not sure how that worked out, but I'll take it. Conrad on the other hand I spent almost $3,000 and I only earned like 45,000 points. I emailed Conrad, they forwarded my email to HHonors. They ended up crediting me another 120,000 or so, which seems about right. Unfortunately there's no way in hell to verify what kind of points you should be earning with all the multipliers, credit card bonuses, etc. Overall I think my total points earned between on spend, multipliers, paid upgrades, and a 10k bonus from a Diamond agent for calling them I earned ~288,000 points from my stay. Not bad, about a 3 night return worth at a high point hotel!
I have stayed at Hilton Moorea, Conrad Bora Bora, and Conrad Maldives and only Conrad Maldives posted my points correctly. I will add that Conrad Bora Bora gave me credit for the room rate for a booking I did on an OTA, and feel like the daily upgrade fee I paid triggered it. Hilton Moorea took repeated calls and emails to work out. It's frustrating to have to deal with this crap though Hilton sees no need to roll out a fix as it's the customer who typically comes up on the short end.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: DL, WoH
I'm glad I follow this thread, so I know I'll be in for some work when I get back to get the points from my stay credited. Thanks for all the datapoints.
Majuki likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:45 am

Meal plan

I looked back at the last 20 pages or so and haven't seen this mentioned. I will be at the Conrad for 3 days after Moorea in July and just got an email from Remy offering a supplement for the Inclusive diamond breakfast...

Half-Board Plan (Buffet Breakfast supplement + 3-course dinner at any of our restaurants): 12,300XPF per day per person
These special advance purchase offers give you access to all menus at all restaurants. You could as well attend the magical Polynesian Friday night without any supplement (regular rate: 14,000xpf per adult).

How does this compare to the Ala carte pricing?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by jsteinberg
I personally wouldn't do it. We had the breakfast benefit, and even with a meal nightly at one of the resort restaurants our bill averaged less than that per person. There might be cases where it is possible to derive outsized value from the meal plan, but if you're not planning to eat a whole lot then you'd probably come out ahead by doing a la carte.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by jsteinberg
I looked back at the last 20 pages or so and haven't seen this mentioned. I will be at the Conrad for 3 days after Moorea in July and just got an email from Remy offering a supplement for the Inclusive diamond breakfast...

Half-Board Plan (Buffet Breakfast supplement + 3-course dinner at any of our restaurants): 12,300XPF per day per person
These special advance purchase offers give you access to all menus at all restaurants. You could as well attend the magical Polynesian Friday night without any supplement (regular rate: 14,000xpf per adult).

If you have Diamond status (free breakfast) I’m not sure the meal plan is worth it. Also the plan is usually a set menu and if you want to deviate you have to pay extra to get the higher cost dishes. Someone posted the QR menus earlier. Look at those and you can see the various upcharges for the different options.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:47 am

If you have Diamond status (free breakfast) I’m not sure the meal plan is worth it. Also the plan is usually a set menu and if you want to deviate you have to pay extra to get the higher cost dishes. Someone posted the QR menus earlier. Look at those and you can see the various upcharges for the different options.

Perfect thank you!
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:44 pm

Do they have a WhatsApp or any sort of phone number that would allow an American to call without paying per minute?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by churning
Do they have a WhatsApp or any sort of phone number that would allow an American to call without paying per minute?
Our host gave us his number to use via WhatsApp, but I didn't make use of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.