Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:49 am

Transfer

Any one knows what’s the best way transfer from St regis to Conrad?thanks
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by ValueGal
When we arrived, we were greeted by our island host, Akane (a lovely Japanese women).
Interesting. We had the same host and to say we were less than impressed would be an understatement.

Originally Posted by Ejdndkak
We had the Conrad pick us up from the Four Seasons for $300 and had a stress-free experience and lovely views.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by pzpa
Interesting. We had the same host and to say we were less than impressed would be an understatement.

We had the Conrad pick us up from the Four Seasons for $300 and had a stress-free experience and lovely views.
thank you。it’s one way or roundtrip(when you check out back to borabora airport)?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:58 am

Points on award stay

Are you able to earn Hilton points for incidentals on a stay booked with points? We got back from the Conrad a couple of weeks ago & didn’t earn any points.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by hulk0020
Are you able to earn Hilton points for incidentals on a stay booked with points? We got back from the Conrad a couple of weeks ago & didn’t earn any points.
Yes you should be earning points on incidentals
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I had this problem as well and had to email Hilton a copy of my folio for them to give me points for incidentals. I still don't think they did it correctly, but I just did not feel like fighting any further.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:18 am

Yes. Even on the flights at Conrad Rangali 😃
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Many years ago, I was at the Le Meridien and then staying at the what was then the Starwood Bora Bora. The Meridien shuttle to the main island dropped me off, the St. Regis used the same pier, and the Meridien had arranged for a taxi to meet me and another couple doing the same thing to drive us to the Bora Bora's pier. So, we had an island drive by. Would be much cheaper than taking a boat the whole way. Your decision which would be nicer.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:27 am

I’m expecting to get a free night certificate soon, and I have a reservation in December so I’d love to be able to add a day to our stay with the free night, but it doesn’t look like there’s any availability. There is however availability at the new Hilton Amingiri Resort. I can’t find contact info for that hotel (probably because it’s not open yet), but I asked Conrad and they said I’d have to take the normal seaplane back to the airport, and then have the Hilton pick me up from there, which would cost another $300 round trip per person… ugh. I know it’s a long shot, but does anyone have an idea of how the Hilton should compare to the Conrad, in terms of amenities, activities, quality, etc.? Given that the standard rooms are overwater villas with pools, I may just cancel our Conrad reservation and switch to the Hilton entirely

Last edited by travelcards; Jun 16, 2022 at 9:33 am
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by travelcards
I’m expecting to get a free night certificate soon, and I have a reservation in December so I’d love to be able to add a day to our stay with the free night, but it doesn’t look like there’s any availability. There is however availability at the new Hilton Amingiri Resort. I can’t find contact info for that hotel (probably because it’s not open yet), but I asked Conrad and they said I’d have to take the normal seaplane back to the airport, and then have the Hilton pick me up from there, which would cost another $300 round trip per person… ugh. I know it’s a long shot, but does anyone have an idea of how the Hilton should compare to the Conrad, in terms of amenities, activities, quality, etc.? Given that the standard rooms are overwater villas with pools, I may just cancel our Conrad reservation and switch to the Hilton entirely.
Sorry man, this is Conrad Bora Bora thread, not the Maldives.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Charlie9
Sorry man, this is Conrad Bora Bora thread, not the Maldives.
Whoops, sorry! Can't figure out how to delete the post, so I just striked through it for now.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:52 am

Have St Regis take you. They are taking three of us from Thalasso to St Regis for $35 each.

TD
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:53 pm

Yes, we earned some Hilton points. We had boat transfer cost and food & beverage, but I'm not sure how they calculated the points. We had $421 in costs, but received 1268 in base points (plus bonuses, etc. for a total of 6092 points). We stayed 3 nights using points and 1 night using a free night certificate, each under a separate reservation number. It could be that we earned points only on the day we used the free-night certificate?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:09 pm

Yes, we earned some Hilton points. We had boat transfer cost and food & beverage, but I'm not sure how they calculated the points. We had $421 in costs, but received 1268 in base points (plus bonuses, etc. for a total of 6092 points). We stayed 3 nights using points and 1 night using a free night certificate, each under a separate reservation number. It could be that we earned points only on the day we used the free-night certificate?
when we stayed (o points and FNC) I think we earned on everything but the airport transfer
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:55 pm

My DH and I just got back from a 4-night rewards stay at the Conrad. We booked as 3 separate standard rewards nights + 1 free night certificate, each under a separate reservation as reward nights opened up. We received paid upgrade offers for each reservation 1 week before our stay (minimum of 50000 xpf per night for deluxe OWB, no lower categories available). We have Diamond status, and we rolled the dice and figured we could live with a Lagoon View Suite if no complimentary upgrade was available. We e-mailed them about a week before with our flight information for the airport transfer and reminding them that we were there for 4 nights, under 4 separate reservation numbers, and also told them how excited we were to be there for our 20th anniversary. (We had tried to get Hilton to combined into one reservation many months ago, but they couldn't do it.)

The airport transfer was smooth and I saw Room 323 on the luggage tag, but didn't have a property map, so didn't know where that was. When we arrived, we were greeted by our island host, Akane (a lovely Japanese women), who told us we were upgraded to a deluxe OWB (no pool), with partial mountain and sunset views, only a few doors down from the two Presidential villas. She asked the date of our anniversary, and on that day, she sent a personalized anniversary card, a bottle of wine, a cake, and some chocolates to our room. Although the OWB decks have partial screens/walls, because of the curve of the boardwalks, the decks are not as private as you'd expect, plus you can definitely hear your neighbors if they are out on the deck at same time. The room doesn't have a line for hanging wet swimsuits/gear, but the big round bathtub worked great for that. Although the OWB is large, it's starting to show some wear (obvious fading/dings on dark furniture, water stains, etc.), but significantly better than the Hilton Moorea (which is to be expected). That said, I did not find the bed/pillows as comfortable at the Conrad as at the Hilton Moorea. And why do all Hilton properties always use a sheet with a heavy comforter on their beds, even in the tropics? A sheet and light blanket/quilt would be so much better.

I'm glad we didn't get a Lagoon view suite, because those rooms are above the fitness center, kids club, and day-use rooms. I'm not sure if noise is a problem, but I wouldn't want to take chance.

The Golden Hour (Happy Hour) is from 3-4 pm at the Pool Bar and is pretty pathetic. Only 4 drinks at a discounted rate of 1500 xpf, and they were out of coconut puree for the Pina Colada, for duration of our stay, so actually they only had 3 drink specials - Mai Tai, Spicy Margarita (which is only slightly spicy), and the Matie, which is a sweet drink with kiwi.

Also, due to a mechanical issue, the swimming pool was not available for 3 of the days, but they sent a letter to all the rooms and gave everyone an automatic resort credit of 10000 xpf, which was fine with me -- I like the beach rather than the pool. (There is a separate section for Diamond members with loungers, umbrellas, and the blue bean bag chairs are a lot more comfortable than they look!)

As others have mentioned, the shuttle to Vaitape is now FREE before 6 pm, except on arrival and departure day.

There was excellent snorkeling, and especially healthy reef between approx OWB 321-322 and the presidential villas. They also have coral restoration under the main dock/reception building with plenty of fish, and I even saw a spotted eagle ray close up. We saw a shark pup several days in the late afternoon near the first bridge past the tennis courts going to the OWBs in the 300s. Prior to our arrival we had arranged for a 1/2 snorkel excursion with H2O Bora Bora, which I would highly recommend. David, the French owner/guide is great, no more than 6 people on the boat, and is environmentally sensitive (does not feed the marine life or try to touch them, etc.), but no lunch/alcohol/ukelele music, which is a good for us, but may be disappointing to others. You can easily book online and his wife is English, so no communication barriers for those who do not speak French.

I don't know the exact occupancy rate while we were there, but the property seemed full, although it never felt crowded. Our one disappointment was that we could not get into the Banyan restaurant until our last night. It really does have the best food on property. We had tried e-mailing prior to our arrival, but had sent to request to the reservations email, not the activities email, and they didn't respond.

We also stayed at Le Taha'a for 3 days before arriving at the Conrad and we actually liked that property a bit better. (If I get my act together, I will write up a trip report with all the details.)

Regarding flights home on ATN, we left on a Wednesday, where there are 2 ATN flights departing 11 pm and 11:45 pm, we were in Economy, but have the Priority Pass through our AMEX card and had no problem getting into the lounge. Not only does it have A/C, but it is a much calmer environment than the crazy waiting area downstairs. If you cannot get in, there is some quieter seating upstairs available to everyone (but no A/C).

I hope everyone finds this info useful.
Thanks for the write up! Lucky you rolled the dice and got upgraded even at full capacity. Sounds like you were upgraded for all 4 nights?

Can you inform who best to contact for restaurant reservations? Also interested in the Polynesian cultural night.

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.