Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Time, dedication, persistence above all else. There seem to be periods of time where availability opens wide for everything. Other times you’re just catching times that other people are releasing back to inventory. I booked this trip three separate times on points in 2019, 2020, and 2021. It is definitely possible but you have to commit to checking it every single day and refreshing a few times throughout the day.

Staying on this forum helps too as people will alert if wide availability opens up also.
We both went through this ordeal over the years, (originally for 2020) and I pretty much had the same strategy. Glad to finally see it both work out for us.
Cynapse likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 11:57 am

Alcohol Purchase Warning

Learned something new I’d never seen mentioned in the forums or anywhere else.

Firstly, French Polynesia is a very religious country. Pretty much everything is closed on Sundays so don’t plan trips into town for restaurants/souvenir shopping/etc without confirming they are open.

Secondly, Chin Lee’s IS open on Sunday. BUT if you want to buy alcohol you have to do it before 12:00pm. This corresponds perfectly with the 11:00am Conrad boat into town and the 12:00 boat back (which probably means Conrad will change it to leave at noon in the future so they don’t lose more alcohol sales ). Btw this is the best and only boat if you just want to jump into town quick to pick something up, otherwise you’re stuck waiting for 2-3 hours for the return boat. Be sure to make a reservation with the concierge.
freefalcon likes this.

Last edited by Cynapse; May 22, 2022 at 12:07 pm
Old May 22, 2022, 12:33 pm

Learned something new I’d never seen mentioned in the forums or anywhere else.

Firstly, French Polynesia is a very religious country. Pretty much everything is closed on Sundays so don’t plan trips into town for restaurants/souvenir shopping/etc without confirming they are open.

Secondly, Chin Lee’s IS open on Sunday. BUT if you want to buy alcohol you have to do it before 12:00pm. This corresponds perfectly with the 11:00am Conrad boat into town and the 12:00 boat back (which probably means Conrad will change it to leave at noon in the future so they don’t lose more alcohol sales ). Btw this is the best and only boat if you just want to jump into town quick to pick something up, otherwise you’re stuck waiting for 2-3 hours for the return boat. Be sure to make a reservation with the concierge.
So IT IS true. We went to the Carrefour in Papeete, and using google translate deciphered that's what the sign said. Which confused us, being from Texas ("Blue laws") where you can't buy alcohol before noon on Sunday....
Old May 22, 2022, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie9
So IT IS true. We went to the Carrefour in Papeete, and using google translate deciphered that's what the sign said. Which confused us, being from Texas ("Blue laws") where you can't buy alcohol before noon on Sunday....
And I’m from California, where you can buy any 1.75L alcohol from 7-Eleven at 3:00am any day of the week.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 7:13 am

The workaround is to befriend locals on Matira beach, for they have the beer hookup via backdoor of restaurant on Sunday mornings. They would not accept money for the beers they kept handing me. Matira beach early on a Sunday morning is about the best place on Earth!
Old May 23, 2022, 7:25 am

And I’m from California, where you can buy any 1.75L alcohol from 7-Eleven at 3:00am any day of the week.
You can??? I have yet to see a 7-11 in Cali selling liquor and alcohol sales have stopped at 2am for decades.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
You can??? I have yet to see a 7-11 in Cali selling liquor and alcohol sales have stopped at 2am for decades.
3:00 am was a typo. And apparently I picked one of the few convenience stores by popular name that actually doesn’t sell alcohol. Most mom and pop convenience stores do.

Thank you for taking the time to correct though.
brodielayne likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mcs26891
I'm going over Memorial Day weekend in a standard room (lagoon view). Only got quoted the King Pool Overwater Villa at 118,000 XPF / $1,040 USD per night. I'm only going for 3 nights, so it's sorta tempting. It shouldn't be because I've done overwater at Conrad Maldives for free (diamond upgrade during October 2020), but damn, it's just such a nice thing! Hotel is "fully" booked and there's only one of that room left. Room is going for 2.6x the upgrade price at ~314,000 XFP, so not terrible value (especially cuz I booked at 89,000 points a night). Debating...
I'll be heading there in a few days, also in a standard room over Memorial Day weekend. Also having the same debate over whether to shell out for the overwater bungalow since have also done it at the maldives already. I'm there for 5 nights though, so it'd be ~5K+ to upgrade for the entire stay and I def don't value the OVB that much! lol they also told me there's only one of that room left so only one of us can upgrade anyways haha.
Old May 23, 2022, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by lily23
I'll be heading there in a few days, also in a standard room over Memorial Day weekend. Also having the same debate over whether to shell out for the overwater bungalow since have also done it at the maldives already. I'm there for 5 nights though, so it'd be ~5K+ to upgrade for the entire stay and I def don't value the OVB that much! lol they also told me there's only one of that room left so only one of us can upgrade anyways haha.
I still have not decided lol.

Does anyone know if you can get upgraded again after an estandby upgrade as diamond? That might also sway things if I can somehow then get upgraded higher for free after paying estandby for a king pool OVW...
lily23 likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:46 pm

Checked in Monday 5/24 for 5 nights stay using points as diamond, no complimentary upgrade. The resort is running at the full capacity.
Charlie9 likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215
Checked in Monday 5/24 for 5 nights stay using points as diamond, no complimentary upgrade. The resort is running at the full capacity.
Aww, how is the standard room? Do you plan on staying there or trying to upgrade a few nights? Enjoy your stay!
Old May 25, 2022, 3:43 am

Okay, a bit off topic but something many of us are interested in... at present the only flights into PPT are from US. Where's the best place to monitor for new flights from other countries? Pretty sure we can rule out Japan this year, but New Zealand and possibly others?
Old May 25, 2022, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Victor Lin
Aww, how is the standard room? Do you plan on staying there or trying to upgrade a few nights? Enjoy your stay!
it is fantastic except the food are expensive.
No plan to upgrade since we did the upgrade last year at Conrad Maldives.
Old May 27, 2022, 5:47 am

Booked again for late October via pts/fnc. I want to stay in owb again, debating on emailing them again but this time closer to my arrival date. Maybe even pay for 1-2 nights like last time and hope to get upgraded for all 4 nights. Saw the last comment here that they weren't upgraded. How "bad" is a regular villa?
Old May 27, 2022, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by windnsea26
Booked again for late October via pts/fnc. I want to stay in owb again, debating on emailing them again but this time closer to my arrival date. Maybe even pay for 1-2 nights like last time and hope to get upgraded for all 4 nights. Saw the last comment here that they weren't upgraded. How "bad" is a regular villa?
They’re still very nice. You just have to ask yourself why you’re going for and what you’re willing to settle for. I wouldn’t mind going back and just booking a base room, but my wife is now an Octonaut and she spends her free time just sitting on the deck watching for wildlife. So we are probably looking at OWB anywhere the offers one for the remainder of time.

If you’re all about just being there, going down to the beach and hanging out, snorkeling from the beach, etc, then you will be fine in a garden villa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.