Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old May 4, 22, 1:44 am

Also, would it be too risky to take BOB-PPT flight with 2hrs to international departure for the US? Eg. BOB-PPT scheduled arrival 7:25pm and PPT-LAX departing at 9:30pm? That way I get to spend the day at Conrad instead of IHG at PPT. Thanks.
Old May 4, 22, 2:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Tit/ LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold
How upset would you be if you miss your flight and how good is your insurance? Iíd guess a 5% chance you would miss it.
Old May 4, 22, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
How upset would you be if you miss your flight and how good is your insurance? Iíd guess a 5% chance you would miss it.
Very upset. Just looking at some recent data points and general thoughts/input. PPT-LAX is the only international flight for the evening.
Old May 4, 22, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko View Post
Very upset. Just looking at some recent data points and general thoughts/input. PPT-LAX is the only international flight for the evening.
I have been twice in the last couple of years. Before the pandemic, in 2020, we got to papeete about three to three-and-a-half hours before the flight took off. However, Airline carrier didn't open the ticket agent until two hours prior to the flight. It was warm and muggy and I was sweating heavily waiting. The priority pass Lounge inside with a shower was a lifesaver.

Contrast that to this past February, we arrived from our Tahiti hotel a little over an hour and a half early and I was figuratively sweating this time. The line to check in and check all your documents including covid stuff went really really slowly. I don't think we were at risk for missing the flight, because it seems like many other people were in the same boat, but it still wasn't a good feeling.
Old May 4, 22, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Charlie9 View Post
I have been twice in the last couple of years. Before the pandemic, in 2020, we got to papeete about three to three-and-a-half hours before the flight took off. However, Airline carrier didn't open the ticket agent until two hours prior to the flight. It was warm and muggy and I was sweating heavily waiting. The priority pass Lounge inside with a shower was a lifesaver.

Contrast that to this past February, we arrived from our Tahiti hotel a little over an hour and a half early and I was figuratively sweating this time. The line to check in and check all your documents including covid stuff went really really slowly. I don't think we were at risk for missing the flight, because it seems like many other people were in the same boat, but it still wasn't a good feeling.
Thanks. PPT-LAX is really the only departing flight on my date in the evening. So all pax in line will be for this particular flight. Basically my only concern is whether BOB-PPT arrives on time and we get our bags to go to international checkin on time.
Old May 4, 22, 8:04 am

If anyone is traveling now through September 5th you can preregister your trip and earn an additional 2x or 3x on all your Hilton points. Perfect timing for my trip!
https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/2...ights/landing/
Old May 4, 22, 12:28 pm

Awesome review. I am bringing my 3yo for his birthday in August. Were there other kids during your stay? I am planning to have a little birthday party with a cake with other guest's kids.
We got back a week ago and we saw kids there. There is a little kids club area with a mini play ground that's really cute. One morning, I saw a staff member collecting seashells on the beach so they can make picture frames. That made me want to to go the kids club myself lol.
mlqsko likes this.
Old May 4, 22, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Also, would it be too risky to take BOB-PPT flight with 2hrs to international departure for the US? Eg. BOB-PPT scheduled arrival 7:25pm and PPT-LAX departing at 9:30pm? That way I get to spend the day at Conrad instead of IHG at PPT. Thanks.
I'm doing almost exact same thing here. I have my BOB-PPT flight scheduled to arrive PPT at 7:10PM. Then I'm flying polaris class on United at 915pm that same night. I'm not really worried.
mlqsko likes this.
Old May 4, 22, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman View Post
I'm doing almost exact same thing here. I have my BOB-PPT flight scheduled to arrive PPT at 7:10PM. Then I'm flying polaris class on United at 915pm that same night. I'm not really worried.
I would be worried. if that flight is cancelled/delayed, there is no later flight, right? They have an obligation to put you on the next flight but if it's the next day, you are screwed.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 5, 22, 4:07 am

Totally agree; I would be worried as well with only 2 hours in between. If something goes wrong (e.g. schedule change or maintenance delay or whatever with Air Tahiti flight....this does happen), you'd be in trouble. I've seen Air Tahiti add a stop on an island between BOB and PPT in the past, which delays everything obviously.
Old May 5, 22, 10:11 am

snorkling gears

Does the hotel offer free rental of snorkeling gears like Conrad Maldives? Any recent DP. Thanks
Old May 5, 22, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by liw5215 View Post
Does the hotel offer free rental of snorkeling gears like Conrad Maldives? Any recent DP. Thanks
April DP. Yes, you get keep it for your entire stay. Pick it up at the 'activities center' and just leave it in the room when you check out.
mlqsko and liw5215 like this.
Old May 9, 22, 7:34 pm

Question on inter island Covid test requirements

The first part of my trip I fly from LAX to PPT and then ferry to Moorea. Iím getting an antigen test like 47 hours before my departure for that leg.

My question is regarding the second leg. Ferry from Moorea to Tahiti, flight on Air Tahiti PPT to BOB. Do I need to get a local test to make thaw flight to BOB? Or since Iíve already entered French Polynesia am I clear? Thank you!
Old May 9, 22, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse View Post
The first part of my trip I fly from LAX to PPT and then ferry to Moorea. Iím getting an antigen test like 47 hours before my departure for that leg.

My question is regarding the second leg. Ferry from Moorea to Tahiti, flight on Air Tahiti PPT to BOB. Do I need to get a local test to make thaw flight to BOB? Or since Iíve already entered French Polynesia am I clear? Thank you!
unless something has changed recently, you should be in the clear once you have entered FP
Traveler Dave and Cynapse like this.
Old May 10, 22, 3:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone had trouble reaching out to the hotel to arrange the boat transfer? I've emailed the hotel a couple times but haven't received a response. My stay is two weeks away so just wondering if I need to actually phone...

Search this Thread