Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!
Prior to the pandemic you could get 2.5 liters of Coke Zero and Diet Coke with no issue at any of the different grocery stores. Hope it is still that way. We also bring juice packet that you can mix with water for mixers. Last time we visited was February 2020. Hopefully someone can chime in who has been there more recently. When you go, if you could please reply to the thread with an update. I am curious if you can find club soda?
Yes I will try to report back with a bunch of updates info where I can. Maybe I’ll do a little travel review. I figured I could find diet or Coke Zero. Main concern is finding a diet 7-Up type mixer for vodka or gin for the wifey.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
For sure, we always drink a lot on vacation but I feel this one we will even more so.

How did you pack your booze? I don’t really want to fly with bottles so I can save the weight. I was thinking of buying those “cruise bags” where you empty your alcohol into a soft plastic bag with a spout. Then maybe seal each of those with a ziplock around it. Surprisingly hard to find suggestions on how to transport booze, I can’t imagine I’m among the few doing it..
It's all about the box wine baby! J/k, I used bubble wrap and checked them and also grabbed a couple at duty free. While at the airport I grabbed some mixers to help hold us off until we could hit the store. On arrival I called room service and ordered 18 beers, the excited lady on the other side said "8 beers?" I said no, 18 beers! A short time later two guys showed up with a rather large vessel holding all 18 beers and a ton of ice. They also had two tubs of back up ice.

What I would do to be chilling in the Presidential villa pool watching all the ladies and their reluctant men kayaking/paddle boarding by to try and catch a glimpse of who was staying there. With the point requirement recently going up it's going to be awhile. Enjoy
Cynapse likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: DL, WoH
I think 2nd day I'm there I'm gonna do the complimentary boat to vaitape for booze stock.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: DL, WoH
I'm curious, how much was your upgrade? We were quoted Pool OWB for 118,000 XPF/night back in February but passed. Don't need the pool but would have taken it in an upgrade. Paid 45,000 XPF/night for Deluxe OWB instead.
We paid 118000xpf for sunset view OWV. (per night)
Cynapse likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:41 pm

Have you recently inquired if there's any availability for an upgrade? My stay is mid-May and they only had one Deluxe OWB available at the time. You may want to inquire to see if it is even an option. Alternatively you can do a search on the Hilton site and check your stay dates to see what room types come up. Odds are good whatever shows up there is what is available.

​​​​
That is the same email I contacted to get my room upgrade back in March. The person I was working with was named Marilyn. Her email was in her signature, you could maybe try contacting her directly as she's a reservations coordinator. [email protected]
Thanks for the contact! I ended up reaching out to her as well as the contact email from their main page. I checked the dates for my stay and the deluxe OWB was only available for part of my reservation. I called the hotel and they told me only 3/7 nights had availability for OWBs but she recommended me to wait until check in to see if anything changes. That was yesterday morning. I checked my Hilton app today and lo and behold we were upgraded to a King Overwater Villa. I'm not sure if being a repeat guest helped or not. My guess is they upgraded someone from a OWB to a pool OWB and we ended up with the OWB. Thanks Hilton I'll give an update once I'm there and see what the occupancy is.
Cynapse likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:40 am

For sure, we always drink a lot on vacation but I feel this one we will even more so.

How did you pack your booze? I don’t really want to fly with bottles so I can save the weight. I was thinking of buying those “cruise bags” where you empty your alcohol into a soft plastic bag with a spout. Then maybe seal each of those with a ziplock around it. Surprisingly hard to find suggestions on how to transport booze, I can’t imagine I’m among the few doing it..
We travel with plastic bottles. Still liquid is heavy but even if you have to pay for the extra weight, it’s worth it over the cost of having to purchase it in Bora Bora.
Cynapse likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 1:42 pm

We just vacuum seal the bottles and place them in the center of the check bagged. Far better than a ziploc seal. Only once has a bottle ever broken but the vacuum seal bags were too thick to be punctured; we were even able to salvage the alcohol.
brodielayne and Cynapse like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
We travel with plastic bottles. Still liquid is heavy but even if you have to pay for the extra weight, it’s worth it over the cost of having to purchase it in Bora Bora.
I don't know why I never thought of that...seems like a winner! And maybe vacuum seal them individually for good measure. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old May 1, 2022, 5:35 pm

I don't know why I never thought of that...seems like a winner! And maybe vacuum seal them individually for good measure. Thanks for the suggestion.
Mouthwash bottles work great. You can also find the fake sunscreen bottles on Amazon that many have used to get booze to places that might just frown on it.
Cynapse likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 11:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by brodielayne
What I would do to be chilling in the Presidential villa pool watching all the ladies and their reluctant men kayaking/paddle boarding by to try and catch a glimpse of who was staying there. With the point requirement recently going up it's going to be awhile. Enjoy
Is this something you've done, or just general fantasing/being fecicious?
I've got a speculative booking for Feb and am always looking for tricks of the trade to weasel myself into top tier suites. Been in the Presidential at GH Kauai, JJAE at St Regis Maldives, and Stella Maris at W.A Maldives.

LMK if you have a technique here.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Is this something you've done, or just general fantasing/being fecicious?
I've got a speculative booking for Feb and am always looking for tricks of the trade to weasel myself into top tier suites. Been in the Presidential at GH Kauai, JJAE at St Regis Maldives, and Stella Maris at W.A Maldives.

LMK if you have a technique here.
My one and only stay I was upgraded into the Presidential villa. The property likes to upgrade one room category if available, so your chances of getting upgraded into the villa depends on the room being open and you having booked into the room category directly below, which is the Royal. I booked a pool villa with an online OTA right after the property rebranded and paid cash to upgrade into the Royal. Upon arrival I found out they upgraded me into the Presidential villa. I also lucked out with an airport strike and they extended my stay one day at the same rate. I also earned Hilton points for the entire stay, including what I booked on the OTA. Practice good karma people.
joecool1885 and Traveler Dave like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:07 pm

So I have a 3 night booking in a few weeks. It is actually 2 separate bookings (first day is with an anniversary hilton free night, then the remaining two days are with free night points awards). I am in a Lagoon View Suite. I believe the category right above me is the standard OVW. It looks like, so luck *may* have it, there is a standard OVW available on the first night. Not the remaining two. Is there a tactful way of explaining before I get there how I don't mind switching rooms during my stay if they wish to complimentary upgrade me as Diamond for some of the nights? Probably not... I feel weird asking for upgrades (especially on free night stays), but may have to be shameless this time lol.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by mcs26891
So I have a 3 night booking in a few weeks. It is actually 2 separate bookings (first day is with an anniversary hilton free night, then the remaining two days are with free night points awards). I am in a Lagoon View Suite. I believe the category right above me is the standard OVW. It looks like, so luck *may* have it, there is a standard OVW available on the first night. Not the remaining two. Is there a tactful way of explaining before I get there how I don't mind switching rooms during my stay if they wish to complimentary upgrade me as Diamond for some of the nights? Probably not... I feel weird asking for upgrades (especially on free night stays), but may have to be shameless this time lol.
Sorry but lots of categories above "suite"

Garden villa
Villa with pool
Horizon view villa
Horizon view with pool.

All before standard owb
Old May 2, 2022, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by burnerx213
Sorry but lots of categories above "suite"

Garden villa
Villa with pool
Horizon view villa
Horizon view with pool.

All before standard owb
Interesting. It's a wonder how people get upgraded then in the first place lol.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by SFOvacations
Finished a 7 night stay on points. 5th night free + 2FNC. Our hope was a Diamond Ugrade would net us at least a garden villa so rolled the dice with no pre-arranged upgrade. 2 days prior noticed "overwater pool villa" on the app. Held our breath and indeed that is what we got on arrival. They mentioned at check-in Diamond upgrades are usually limited to 1 or 2 categories, but we got lucky due to inventory. From my guess, probably ~75% full. But it doesn't feel full outside of happy hour and at the polynesian dinner show.

Rooms are probably due for a refresh and big one is planned to begin Q4 2022 into 2024. Quoted SF includes the outside space so the room does feel a bit small. Suites and some land villas have a TV wall between sleeping and living space. Villas on the water (aside from Royal and Presidential) is just one big room. There are only 3 or 4 garden villas (and of course all the suites) that don't have private pools.

Diamonds got free breakfast buffet, menu items are an additional charge of 1200xpf. The buffet itself was more than enough, very large selection of pastries and rotating 8-10 hot items.

Concierge is wothless with food recommendations offsite and frowned on us for booking excursions on our own (made little effort to help us secure babysitting)

Food and drink is generally expensive onsite, $40+ for entrees, ~$10+ for beer and wine and ~$20+ for cocktails and hard liquor. There's 4 cocktails on happy hour for $15 at the pool bar from 3-4pm everyday. One thing not advertised is kids under 6 eat free off the kids menu with the adults. This allowed us to order menu items at breakfast for no charge since there was no breakfast kids menu.

Polynesian dinner show was a steal at 14000xpf, kids under 6 also free. The buffet was pretty good and they also had a raw bar which you won't get at a traditional hawaiian luau. Dancing was shorter than we hoped (~45 mins).

Pool was mostly empty outside happy hour, 4 cabanas at the main pool, first come first serve. Pleanty of beach chairs, small cabanas/day beds available. Water equipment rentals were on the cheap side, plastic kayaks and inflatable SUPs. They do have a couple of tahitian va'as which were a pleasure to use. They host a traditional outrigger invite once a week where one of the beach boys take couples out on the 3 man va'a.

Kids club was awesome, free and they do a bunch of traditional arts and crafts with the kids. Officially 5+ without parents but they took our younger one. Lady there also came in early one morning to watch our kids so we can go diving (when the concierge failed us). We ended up tipping her what the babysitter would have cost us.

We had a blast with Bora Bora H2O on a snorkling tour around the island and a dive trip. Their shared tours are practically private since they only take 6 max on snorkle tours and 3 max on dive trips.

The shuttle is 15000 rt pp from airport, to vaitape is 2200 rt pp, 4900 rt pp for dinner hour and 7500 rt pp on arrival and departure days. Not worth dealing with luaggage to go through vaitape on arrival.

For Americans bring your own etest, the line for testing at PPT could be long on nights with multiple departing flights. Air Tahiti Nui Lounge at PPT also refuses priority pass on nights with multiple departing flights.
Awesome review. I am bringing my 3yo for his birthday in August. Were there other kids during your stay? I am planning to have a little birthday party with a cake with other guest's kids.

Last edited by mlqsko; May 4, 2022 at 1:44 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.