Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:16 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
For those returning to the US, which option did / will you take for the Covid test required to enter US?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by italdesign
For those returning to the US, which option did / will you take for the Covid test required to enter US?
We did eMed from our villa. There are testing options at PPT too.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:32 am

At the airport (PPT). Conrad will give you instructions on how to prepay 48hrs before you test - we didn't do that and just paid at the airport and our results were available within 30 minutes. The testing center will provide you a link to view your results online or you can have them print it for you.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
Has anyone taken the water taxi to and from Vaitape? How much was it? How did you hire one?
Their shuttle schedules seem quite limiting.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by pzpa
At the airport (PPT). Conrad will give you instructions on how to prepay 48hrs before you test - we didn't do that and just paid at the airport and our results were available within 30 minutes. The testing center will provide you a link to view your results online or you can have them print it for you.
Do you remember the cost and how long it took? We only have 2hr at PPT so probably not enough time.

No test provided at Conrad?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
We did eMed from our villa.
Was it reimbursed by insurance?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott - Ambadorssor, Hyatt - Globalist, Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Diamond
Conrad Bora Bora just released lots of standard rewards room!

There was no availability before noon and suddenly lots of dates/rooms are released! book soon!
Howieh likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:36 pm

Do you remember the cost and how long it took? We only have 2hr at PPT so probably not enough time.

No testing at Conrad. I think we paid $30 or $40 per person for the Antigen test. Entire process from waiting in line, registration & payment, testing, test results took about 45mins. If you pre-register online and pay at least 48hrs earlier you can skip the entire registration & payment process at PPT and get tested right away without any delay. Testing facility is about 50 feet away from airline check-in counters.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:04 pm

Just snagged 5 nights! Availability is pretty open!
Cynapse likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Was it reimbursed by insurance?
Yes, consult this thread.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Ant0mo
Hope you’re enjoying your stay! Did they give end up giving you a complimentary upgrade? The wife and I will be heading there next week, also booked for a standard lagoon view suite. We stayed at CBB in October of 2019 and was upgraded from a standard reward room to an OWB during that time. Not sure if I want to take that risk again or just pay for the deluxe and get upgraded to a pool villa.
Was initially assigned a garden view suite (despite having a confirmation for an lagoon view suite). Not sure if this as technically a downgrade or not, because island host said the garden and lagoon suites are now part of the same inventory, although the garden (first floor) suites lack privacy compared to the lagoon (upstairs) suites.

Told by my island host (the first and only time I saw him) that hotel occupancy 85% and they are opening up more of the suites now, so an upgrade might not be as certain as it's been in the very recent past here. Unfortunately, the room had lots of maintenance issues and was clearly not yet prepared for occupancy. After several complaints and on-going maintenance problems the first 12hrs of the stay, I was moved the following day to a garden pool villa for the remaining 5 nights of my stay. Ironically, I had tried multiple times before arrival to get the hotel to respond with an upgrade price to a garden or garden pool villa. Both were showing available online, but the eStandby options offered only included the higher-end OVBs for $1100+/night. Somewhat frustrating process, and indicative of the overall service issues encountered here, but in the end it worked out well. I'd highly recommend reaching out well ahead of time and seeing if an upgrade to a garden (or better) villa is a possibility. Unfortunately, I don't have a good email address that the property seems to respond to for upgrades in advance.

-FlyerBeek
freefalcon likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al

There are no testing options available at the Conrad or on Bora Bora (as far as I know, aside from self-testing of course). I did the eMed monitored self-test while at the property, but there were several couples on my BOB-PPT VT flight with a 2hr connection onto UA114 that tested upon arriving at PPT. We landed in PPT at 7pm, and they had no issues testing and making check-in for the United flight departing at 9:10pm. Definitely recommend having a testing reservation if you're going cut it so close, but it's certainly possible.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
There are no testing options available at the Conrad or on Bora Bora (as far as I know, aside from self-testing of course). I did the eMed monitored self-test while at the property, but there were several couples on my BOB-PPT VT flight with a 2hr connection onto UA114 that tested upon arriving at PPT. We landed in PPT at 7pm, and they had no issues testing and making check-in for the United flight departing at 9:10pm. Definitely recommend having a testing reservation if you're going cut it so close, but it's certainly possible.

-FlyerBeek
The Four Seasons Bora Bora can arrange on-site testing for guests. One of the many reasons why we thought that service was superior at the 4S vs Conrad.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
How did you kill the time before your flight out of BB? My flight departs PPT at 11pm. There are lots of late flights out of BOB but I wasn’t sure Conrad would allow us a late check out (especially with higher occupancy now). So yeah, just curious how you ended up passing the time for a 6pm flight out of BOB.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
How did you kill the time before your flight out of BB? My flight departs PPT at 11pm. There are lots of late flights out of BOB but I wasn’t sure Conrad would allow us a late check out (especially with higher occupancy now). So yeah, just curious how you ended up passing the time for a 6pm flight out of BOB.
Conrad BB seems to do a good job with late checkouts, availability permitting. 3pm room checkout was proactively offered the day before departure with a 4:15pm shuttle boat confirmed. So, I really only had an hour to kill - which was perfectly timed with golden (happy) hour at the pool bar (3-4pm). If the room isn't available for a late checkout, my understanding is they're a couple of rooms converted for day use changing/showers in the suites building that anyone can request to use on departure day. I certainly wouldn't get to BOB airport any earlier than you absolutely have to be there, as there really isn't anything to do at the airport.

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.