Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old Apr 21, 22, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Originally Posted by mochi0172 View Post
For those who have been there, is it worth leaving the resort to go into Vaitape? Is this mostly for dining or are there other activities worth exploring in Vaitape?
Vaitape provides something to do on a rainy day (shopping and lunch) if you don't want to just sit in your villa at the Conrad. There are a few French dinner options in town that look nice (St. James, La Villa Mahana) - but I can't really justify the cost of the evening boat transfer when I've been very satisfied by the dinners I've had at Iriatai (new dinner menus rolled out this week have been excellent and, in my opinion, reasonably priced for a French restaurant in a Bora Bora resort).

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 22, 22, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by pzpa View Post
Just take a Conrad shuttle to the resort directly. Roundtrip is $150 per person and they'll charge you $75 anyway picking you up/dropping you off in Vaitape on your arrival/departure day. You end up paying the same amount with the added hassle of carrying your luggage around. You need to contact the resort ahead of time to arrange the airport pick-up.

Unless you go pearl shopping or on an excursion (ATV...) no, imo. It's a tiny little town. We went pearl shopping and were ready to head back to the resort after about 75mins.
All boat transfer are priced as round trip. $150 is for between the airport and hotel. $75 is for between Vaitape and the hotel. Let know if I misunderstood it.
Old Apr 23, 22, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by pzpa View Post
Last night in Bora Bora. I made the mistake of staying at the Four Seasons Bora Bora before moving to the Conrad as the Four Seasons outshines the Conrad in virtually every category. Food and service are two areas of significant weakness here at the Conrad.
Completely agree. The prices aren't outrageous but the seasoning and preparation leave much to be desired. Breakfast is good because of all of the French pastries, etc., and their baker/pastry chef is outstanding.
pzpa likes this.
Old Apr 23, 22, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by TravelPointsMeow View Post
Looking for some insight on the baggage for inter island Air Tahiti. Flying in/out of PPT via United.

Is it fine to have a heavier carry on bag (>11lb air Tahiti limit) from the international flight and just have to pay extra to check it in too?

Are backpacks fine for personal items or should they really be closer to handbag size?
They never weighed our carryons, only the checked bags. In addition, my backpack weighed 20 Kg and was chock-full, and I had no problem bringing it on the ATR-72 and stowing it under my seat.
Old Apr 23, 22, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
Originally Posted by Enzoshadow View Post
Haha, in that case I hope the forecast is very wrong then.
Case in point: it's another terrible "mostly cloudy 90% chance of thunderstorms" kind of day (it did just rain for about 10 minutes this afternoon and then the sun came right back out):

Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
Completely agree. The prices aren't outrageous but the seasoning and preparation leave much to be desired. Breakfast is good because of all of the French pastries, etc., and their baker/pastry chef is outstanding.
I have no other point of reference this being my first stay, but I thought the new dinner menu that's been rolled out this week at Iriatai has been fantastic. Great presentation and not really bland at all. The other reataurants, not so much. Perhaps they are starting to adjust based on some of the complaints? Completely agree regarding the baked goods and pastries here; the pastry chef(s) are fantastic.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 25, 22, 1:38 am

Anyone stayed recently in a lagoon view room (not necessarily based on the "mistake" standard awards released a few weeks ago, but I assume that's why most people would be staying in them) but was upgraded complimentary to a OVW? Curious if that has happened.
Old Apr 25, 22, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
Case in point: it's another terrible "mostly cloudy 90% chance of thunderstorms" kind of day (it did just rain for about 10 minutes this afternoon and then the sun came right back out):
100% agree. Mostly cloudy / chance of TS meant some rain around 2-3am in our case. We had maybe a total of 20 minutes of rain during daylight hours in 10 days on the island.
Old Apr 25, 22, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by mcs26891 View Post
Anyone stayed recently in a lagoon view room (not necessarily based on the "mistake" standard awards released a few weeks ago, but I assume that's why most people would be staying in them) but was upgraded complimentary to a OVW? Curious if that has happened.
it has happened for us before( to a deluxe OWV). It is rare and depends greatly on the hotels occupancy rate. Others on this forum will tell you there isnt a chance and it simply doesnt happen; but it has and does happen sometimes. That said, If you want an OWV you should pay for it in advance as I think getting a upgrade to one is the outlier and far from standard practice
Old Apr 25, 22, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by KRUXED View Post
That said, If you want an OWV you should pay for it in advance as I think getting a upgrade to one is the outlier and far from standard practice
I'd agree. While we got a complimentary upgrade, I sensed it was due to operational reasons and wanting to consolidate guests to certain areas of the resort. The OVW we had wasn't necessarily a novelty compared to the Conrad Maldives, and the water depth was about 3 m / 10 ft into the open water. I think this varies based on the location of the villa, but this is much deeper than the OWVs at the Conrad Maldives. Due to the water depth Mrs. Majuki didn't go in the water from the villa, and the one time I did I stayed close to the ladder.
Old Apr 25, 22, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
I'd agree. While we got a complimentary upgrade, I sensed it was due to operational reasons and wanting to consolidate guests to certain areas of the resort. The OVW we had wasn't necessarily a novelty compared to the Conrad Maldives, and the water depth was about 3 m / 10 ft into the open water. I think this varies based on the location of the villa, but this is much deeper than the OWVs at the Conrad Maldives. Due to the water depth Mrs. Majuki didn't go in the water from the villa, and the one time I did I stayed close to the ladder.
We spent New Years at the Conrad Maldives this year and it was our first trip there. I actually prefer the deeper water off the Villa like that at the Conrad in Bora Bora. Mrs Kruxed is very much the opposite preferring the shallows and spending more time in the water in the Maldives.
Old Apr 25, 22, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by KRUXED View Post
We spent New Years at the Conrad Maldives this year and it was our first trip there. I actually prefer the deeper water off the Villa like that at the Conrad in Bora Bora. Mrs Kruxed is very much the opposite preferring the shallows and spending more time in the water in the Maldives.
My Deluxe OWV at Conrad Maldives was so shallow it wasn't swimmable. I much preferred the deeper water at the Conrad Bora Bora as did my ex. We were at the end of the pylon in a Presidential OWV and it was pretty deep but incredibly clear.
Old Apr 25, 22, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
Staying here next week on points. Currently confirmed in a standard King Lagoon View Suite. As a datapoint, just received the following eStandby upgrade offers via email (upgrade prices are per night):
Pool Overwater Villa: 113,000 XPF
Sunset View Overwater Pool Villa: 127,000 XPF
Royal Pool Overwater Villa: 255,000 XPF

I think I'll hold out an see if I get lucky with a complimentary upgrade. Having done the overwater rooms in the past elsewhere, frankly I'd be happy with just an upgrade to a garden villa.

-FlyerBeek
Hope youre enjoying your stay! Did they give end up giving you a complimentary upgrade? The wife and I will be heading there next week, also booked for a standard lagoon view suite. We stayed at CBB in October of 2019 and was upgraded from a standard reward room to an OWB during that time. Not sure if I want to take that risk again or just pay for the deluxe and get upgraded to a pool villa.
Old Apr 26, 22, 9:31 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Is there another contact to inquire about upgrades in advance? I tried [email protected] but no response. Thank you!
Old Apr 26, 22, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Ant0mo View Post
Hope youre enjoying your stay! Did they give end up giving you a complimentary upgrade? The wife and I will be heading there next week, also booked for a standard lagoon view suite. We stayed at CBB in October of 2019 and was upgraded from a standard reward room to an OWB during that time. Not sure if I want to take that risk again or just pay for the deluxe and get upgraded to a pool villa.
Have you recently inquired if there's any availability for an upgrade? My stay is mid-May and they only had one Deluxe OWB available at the time. You may want to inquire to see if it is even an option. Alternatively you can do a search on the Hilton site and check your stay dates to see what room types come up. Odds are good whatever shows up there is what is available.

​​​​
Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
Is there another contact to inquire about upgrades in advance? I tried [email protected] but no response. Thank you!
That is the same email I contacted to get my room upgrade back in March. The person I was working with was named Marilyn. Her email was in her signature, you could maybe try contacting her directly as she's a reservations coordinator. [email protected]
Old Apr 26, 22, 11:31 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cynapse View Post
Have you recently inquired if there's any availability for an upgrade? My stay is mid-May and they only had one Deluxe OWB available at the time. You may want to inquire to see if it is even an option. Alternatively you can do a search on the Hilton site and check your stay dates to see what room types come up. Odds are good whatever shows up there is what is available.

​​​​
That is the same email I contacted to get my room upgrade back in March. The person I was working with was named Marilyn. Her email was in her signature, you could maybe try contacting her directly as she's a reservations coordinator. [email protected]
Thank you! My stay is late May as well, I just checked the website and it looks like for the first 3 nights of my stay only the presidential overwater villa is available.... I'll email Marilyn anyways though, thank you for the contact!

Search this Thread