Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
I asked about the Deluxe room and they said “We still have one Deluxe OWV available during your dates” and the price was 45,000 xpf per night, so we took it. I was gonna ask them if they could say what capacity looks like currently for my dates in May, maybe they’ll give a ballpark.

For Conrad I’m curious for those that have stayed, do they provide snorkels and fins for guests? Or do you have to pay to rent them? If they do loan can you just keep them in your room or do you have to return them daily? Trying to consider if I should buy and bring our own masks and/or fins.
After 3 days still hadn’t heard from Hilton Moorea so I called them yesterday. As feared, they confirmed there is no upgrade or room availability at all during my mid-May stay. I suspected this was the case since the website showed “sold out” for all room types and categories. They said we could check for an upgrade at check in.

Well, as much as I want to use points for my 5 nights and save some money, I’m not flying to French Polynesia for my first visit after years of trying to book this trip and spending my first 5 days in a standard room on land. As it turns out, every single OWV hotel on Moorea and Tahiti is sold out of OWV except for IHG Tahiti, which had 2 rooms remaining. I booked one last night. I plan to keep my reservation at Hilton until closer to cancellation requirement date and check daily to see if any rooms show as available. Kinda looking forward to it now, and we’ll take the ferry over to Moorea to visit and spend a day there driving around like we planned to originally and keep home base on Tahiti, probably rent a car. Then off to Conrad BB for 6 days.

JFYI to those staying May or later this year, things seem to be getting VERY booked up with Covid down/no known variants taking over, travel restrictions being lightened, etc. I have no idea if these resorts are just “sold out” of whatever capacity they’ve prepared for (be it 50 or 75%) or if they’re truly 100% sold out. So if you’re wanting an upgrade for your stay, it may be best to pay in advance to guarantee it given the current travel outlook.
Charlie9 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:02 am

Looking at availability on the calendar, for whatever reason it seems like Mondays and Wednesdays are just completely wiped out for availability.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:12 pm

Has anyone else experienced extremely poor WiFi here? I seem to be dropping connections every hour, worse outdoors which is understandable. Strongest at the main buildings but even in our Villa it cuts in and out
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jhx3
Has anyone else experienced extremely poor WiFi here? I seem to be dropping connections every hour, worse outdoors which is understandable. Strongest at the main buildings but even in our Villa it cuts in and out
We streamed to our Roku fairly successfully all week.

Last edited by Charlie9; Mar 4, 2022 at 3:32 pm
Old Mar 4, 2022, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jhx3
It does drop out from time to time. It always drops out if I move from one part of the resort to another. FYI, tonight is our last night here. I asked if it was possible to receive a complimentary upgrade to an OWB. They are moving us to a sunset OWB with a pool. Very grateful to CBB.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by nasaflyer01
It does drop out from time to time.
For us it was a bit slow but seemed functional. The Wi-Fi at the Hilton Tahiti was super fast.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:01 pm
GK8

Programs: Most of 'em
When are folks completing the ETIS form? The guidelines say D30-D0 for vaccinated travelers. I was planning on completing it after doing my test just in case we test positive on the day of departure (flying AF so it would be the day before arrival). Any reason to do it earlier? On pins and needles as we prep to head out on Tuesday.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by GK8
When are folks completing the ETIS form? The guidelines say D30-D0 for vaccinated travelers. I was planning on completing it after doing my test just in case we test positive on the day of departure (flying AF so it would be the day before arrival). Any reason to do it earlier? On pins and needles as we prep to head out on Tuesday.
There is no need to wait to fill out the ETIS form (other than saving the $50 if you test positive). The ETIS and the covid test are separate. The ETIS is their way of getting $50 pp from travelers. I believe the $50 is used to cover the cost of the covid test you will have to take after landing in PPT. FYI, the covid testing in PPT is very efficient. It takes only a few minutes. Apparently, if you test negative, you do not get contacted (at least my wife and I were never contacted.)
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:12 am
GK8

Right, so for three of us it would be $150 wasted if one of us tests positive. I'm just wondering if there is any downside to waiting until after we test. Thanks.

There is no need to wait to fill out the ETIS form (other than saving the $50 if you test positive). The ETIS and the covid test are separate. The ETIS is their way of getting $50 pp from travelers. I believe the $50 is used to cover the cost of the covid test you will have to take after landing in PPT. FYI, the covid testing in PPT is very efficient. It takes only a few minutes. Apparently, if you test negative, you do not get contacted (at least my wife and I were never contacted.)
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:46 pm

Just checked into my Horizon Pool Villa. Honestly, between the view and incredible beauty of the island, it’s been a much better natural experience than the WA Maldives. I cannot understate how absolutely incredible this place looks. Also, don’t fight for an overwater villa. The horizon pool villa is to me the best thing I’ve seen in my life. And I’ve seen a lot of luxury.

Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:47 pm
GK8

Originally Posted by GK8
Right, so for three of us it would be $150 wasted if one of us tests positive. I'm just wondering if there is any downside to waiting until after we test. Thanks.
Went ahead and did it before our scheduled departure and testing tomorrow. Apparently you can can request a refund if you trip is not rescheduled within three months.

​​​​App also shows our room is now assigned to a Deluxe OWV... Not sure whether to be excited or stressed out with a 4yo
pzpa and Cynapse like this.

Last edited by GK8; Mar 7, 2022 at 11:59 pm
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG UA G Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Majuki
For us it was a bit slow but seemed functional. The Wi-Fi at the Hilton Tahiti was super fast.
I know this is the Conrad thread but how was the Hilton Tahiti? Did you get upgraded?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by camdawg
I know this is the Conrad thread but how was the Hilton Tahiti? Did you get upgraded?
iMO, the Hilton Tahiti is very nice. If I remember correctly, the cost in points for a base room at the Hilton Tahiti is 80k vs 89k at the CBBN. For the additional 9k, the CBBN is much nicer, so I would rather spend the points at the Conrad. But, we spent 2 nights at the Tahiti Hilton because of our flight schedule and found it to be a beautiful, modern hotel. We were upgraded to an oceanview room (diamond status). On Feb 22 and 23 the Hilton Tahiti was less than 20% capacity.

PPT was a nicer city than I was expecting. While staying at the Hilton Tahiti, we took the ferry to Moorea, rented a car at Moorea Avis, and drove around the perimeter of the island. While on Moorea, I wanted to go to Coco Beach, but I couldn’t call the restaurant there to arrange for a boat transfer since my phone wasn’t working, and I couldn’t find anyone nice enough to make the local call for me (I asked 2 locals). That was a bit of a bummer, since eating at Coco Beach seemed to be one of the coolest things to do on Moorea.

Last edited by nasaflyer01; Mar 8, 2022 at 5:31 am
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:29 am

While on Moorea, I wanted to go to Coco Beach, but I couldn’t call the restaurant there to arrange for a boat transfer since my phone wasn’t working, and I couldn’t find anyone nice enough to make the local call for me (I asked 2 locals). That was a bit of a bummer, since eating at Coco Beach seemed to be one of the coolest things to do on Moorea.
Actually hadn't heard of Coco Beach yet, looks awesome! Anywhere else you'd deem a "can't miss" on Moorea or Bora Bora?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:02 pm

Any names of managers who allowed anyone to only upgrade part of their stay? A reservation supervisor responded to me and said we can only upgrade our entire stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.