Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old Feb 11, 22, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Does this property ever put a Diamond in the "King/Twin Garden View Suites" that are booked into on award/point bookings? What about the next level "Lagoon View Suites"? We have 7 night on combination points (garden suites) and paid (lagoon suites) and was wondering if there's any chance we don't get a Villa. We don't need something over the water but any villa with private pool would satisfy us.
Old Feb 13, 22, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
I booked both the 3-hour PCR and rapid antigen tests at LAX.
Would you mind sharing the details of the place you booked your test in LAX?
I'd live to make an appointment.
thanks
Old Feb 13, 22, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by pzpa View Post
Yes! Looks like the booster requirement is back on the menu as of February 7th per https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/

We're getting our booster next week just to be safe with the constantly changing requirements.
Hello friends,

Can someone look at this with me? It seems like the site has changed, and multiple areas no longer show the "3 options" for testing but now rather say a RT-PCR OR Antigen test 24 hours prior. This would take a lot of stress off our trip leaving this Saturday.
Old Feb 13, 22, 2:24 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA EXP, A3*G, UA *G, LH FTL, CCarlson Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Charlie9 View Post
Hello friends,

Can someone look at this with me? It seems like the site has changed, and multiple areas no longer show the "3 options" for testing but now rather say a RT-PCR OR Antigen test 24 hours prior. This would take a lot of stress off our trip leaving this Saturday.
thats what I saw too and its a huge relief indeed. Just booked an antigen test at a pharmacy instead the PCR at LAX.
Old Feb 13, 22, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Mae Zieg View Post
Would you mind sharing the details of the place you booked your test in LAX?
I'd live to make an appointment.
thanks
The provider at LAX is Clarity Mobile Venture.

Originally Posted by Oxymore View Post
that’s what I saw too and it’s a huge relief indeed. Just booked an antigen test at a pharmacy instead the PCR at LAX.
It looks to be that way, which is a big benefit. Keep in mind that at least Air Tahiti Nui didn't allow self-administered eMed tests. The language was confusing upon reading TN's website, the tourism website, and Timatic. Our antigen tests done at LAX were ready within 30 minutes after testing, so that can be a convenient option for those transiting even if you do have to go landside.
Old Feb 13, 22, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Oxymore View Post
thats what I saw too and its a huge relief indeed. Just booked an antigen test at a pharmacy instead the PCR at LAX.
Is the antigen test just a home test with results in 15-30 minutes? If so, is the reason so book at a pharmacy so you get official paperwork that you can present at the airport?

Thanks
Dave
Old Feb 13, 22, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post
If so, is the reason so book at a pharmacy so you get official paperwork that you can present at the airport?
That's exactly the reason. When we were checking in for our TN flight, many had been sent downstairs and were scrambling to get an administered antigen test prior to the check-in window closing.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Feb 13, 22, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP 75K, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Charlie9 View Post
Hello friends,

Well that would certainly solve my above problem. Would be fantastic if they accepted the proctored eMed tests, but beggars can't be choosers. .
Old Feb 14, 22, 10:03 am

Calendar wide open for the entire year
Old Feb 14, 22, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post
Calendar wide open for the entire year
Yep, was able to switch some paid nights over to pts and book another block for the summer.

Looks like they recategorized the Lagoon view suites as standard rooms so most all nights opened up. Previously you needed to find the Garden view suites for standard room pts.
GK8, pzpa and mharlan100 like this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by SFOvacations View Post
Yep, was able to switch some paid nights over to pts and book another block for the summer.

Looks like they recategorized the Lagoon view suites as standard rooms so most all nights opened up. Previously you needed to find the Garden view suites for standard room pts.
I moved some stuff around too. Guess looking every day.multiple times a dayreally pays off

TD
mharlan100 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 12:34 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Many thanks for the heads up! Secured our 10 night honeymoon (extension from 7 previously booked).
drod, pzpa, Traveler Dave and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 22, 12:43 pm

So think this will mean more award availability in general going forward if garden view and lagoon view both can be booked for the standard award rate?

Currently saving up points to go, but wasnt ready to book yet. Very flexible with dates. All this open availability is tempting, but I wouldnt be able to book as many nights if I booked now. Ill have way more points in 1-2 months.
Old Feb 14, 22, 12:44 pm

Booked 6 nights for 10 year anniversary, had been tracking for months! Question for the audience:

- I have 2 live vouchers, 1 was on a reservation and 1 was not. I used the available one for the 1st night. I called, and assumed I could cancel the "allocated night" voucher and apply for night 2, but that wasn't possible and a 5-7 day case was opened with Hilton to get the usable 2022 voucher back. I assume standard room won't be available on points in 5-7 days, so I booked night 2 on points. So the question is, when the free night voucher comes back, can hilton do a swap of the free voucher for the points use on night 2? The agent said there has to be a standard room available and you can just cancel the points one, or release the points one and quickly apply voucher if no standard room is available, but theres no guarantee that will work. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 14, 22, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by TravelPointsMeow View Post
So think this will mean more award availability in general going forward if garden view and lagoon view both can be booked for the standard award rate?

Currently saving up points to go, but wasn’t ready to book yet. Very flexible with dates. All this open availability is tempting, but I wouldn’t be able to book as many nights if I booked now. I’ll have way more points in 1-2 months.
I can say one thing I like about Marriott is the ability to book points nights, in advance, without having the points at the time you book.

Just an FYI….Hilton is selling miles with a 90-100% points bonus right now.

TD

Search this Thread