Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:48 pm

If you're flying back via TN, you can get a US approved rapid test as little as one hour prior to your flight, up to 4hours prior.

Since you have to go through PPT, this seems pretty convenient and a easy solution to the return. I'm sure they'll also expand this to more than just TN too (i.e. United coming on board).

EDIT: looks like the specific details were removed from the banner on the Air Tahiti Nui site. Previously it specifically outlined the test, cost ($40) and timing however now it says they're "working on setting up rapid antigenic tests before the departure of each flight to the United States." so rollout may be delayed.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:54 am

Just returned from 9 nights. flights with Air Tahiti were full both ways. As Partsunknown mentioned, it was very dead. Felt like we had the entire island to ourselves. Most people i saw at one time may have been 10-12 at a restaurant. Butler Service was fantastic. They greeted us as soon as we stepped foot on property and stayed integrated in our stay the entire time. Think of them like your personal Concierge. Breakfast was a set menu with eggs and pancake dishes costing $12 each. Diamond member so had "free" breakfast even though i paid daily for the extra eggs. They did say Upa is closed for a month.

Booked all nights using Hilton points so had the standard lagoon view until 3 days before arrival. Got upgraded to OWB 210. As scheduled maintenance was going going on, this room was feeling all the crashes of the waves rolling in. One bad night in particular. Mentioned it to my Butler and got comp upgraded to 331 which was a sunset/pool villa near the Presidential Suites for 6 of my 9 nights. P.S. Things like private cocktail hour and morning breakfast service are additional paid services.

Friday Polynesian Night had 2 dancers and 2 musicians so dont expect a full show. Cost was around $120-140 per person. Buffet style.

Flew United both ways. On the return, 1/26. we had to get tested before boarding. We got our antigen test in Papeete , $60 a piece. Rapid test but it took 4-5 hours to get the results. Took morning flight into PPT which was 1130-1230. Made appointments a week before hand and it was in and out.

All in all, fantastic trip and glad i didnt reschedule it.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Joseph Johnson
Just returned from 9 nights. flights with Air Tahiti were full both ways. As Partsunknown mentioned, it was very dead. Felt like we had the entire island to ourselves. Most people i saw at one time may have been 10-12 at a restaurant. Butler Service was fantastic. They greeted us as soon as we stepped foot on property and stayed integrated in our stay the entire time. Think of them like your personal Concierge. Breakfast was a set menu with eggs and pancake dishes costing $12 each. Diamond member so had "free" breakfast even though i paid daily for the extra eggs. They did say Upa is closed for a month.

Booked all nights using Hilton points so had the standard lagoon view until 3 days before arrival. Got upgraded to OWB 210. As scheduled maintenance was going going on, this room was feeling all the crashes of the waves rolling in. One bad night in particular. Mentioned it to my Butler and got comp upgraded to 331 which was a sunset/pool villa near the Presidential Suites for 6 of my 9 nights. P.S. Things like private cocktail hour and morning breakfast service are additional paid services.

Friday Polynesian Night had 2 dancers and 2 musicians so dont expect a full show. Cost was around $120-140 per person. Buffet style.

Flew United both ways. On the return, 1/26. we had to get tested before boarding. We got our antigen test in Papeete , $60 a piece. Rapid test but it took 4-5 hours to get the results. Took morning flight into PPT which was 1130-1230. Made appointments a week before hand and it was in and out.

All in all, fantastic trip and glad i didnt reschedule it.

Where did you get the antigen test? Was it at the airport? Did you schedule extra night around Papeete?
Old Feb 1, 2021, 5:21 pm

So on Friday it was my understanding that Conrad in addition to other hotels were working on a solution to testing that would involve tests being collected and sent by air courier to a lab in Papeete for processing. The labs apparently then would have provided test results to the guests/patients directly via a secure app or message. The costs I heard were going to be somewhere between $150 and $300.

Now over the weekend it has come out that the French government will be shutting down tourism to FP. This is said to become effective on February 3rd. Existing guests will be allowed to depart the territory without restriction (to the extent flights are operating). Prior to February 3rd Tahiti had been granted an exemption to the French mandated shutdowns but sadly it is reported that exemption is ending. This is truly devastating to the FP tourism especially since cases had been in decline as of recent.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/imp...-covid-19.html

https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/...rs-to-tourists
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
I have 6 nights booked the 9/26-10/2, looking to swap nights for the week of 8/22. PM me if you have 5 or 6 nights booked for the week of 8/22 and to swap.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:45 pm

Worth Upgrading?

Hoping to go in August 2021 for our honeymoon, since we were originally suppose to go August 2020. Got an offer to Upgrade to Deluxe OVW for 45 000.

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on chancing the upgrade with Diamond Status and potential low occupancy due to covid or just paying to guaranteeing it for our trip.

Thanks in advance!
Dan
Old Mar 4, 2021, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by totoropanda
Hoping to go in August 2021 for our honeymoon, since we were originally suppose to go August 2020. Got an offer to Upgrade to Deluxe OVW for 45 000.

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on chancing the upgrade with Diamond Status and potential low occupancy due to covid or just paying to guaranteeing it for our trip.

Thanks in advance!
Dan
If you could live without it you might take the risk. If you really want it, it is your honeymoon, you might want to pay in advance.

I have a June/July trip planned that was moved from last year. Not sure things will be open by then. But I predict once this Covid thing gets under control hotels will fill up fast. Especially since many of us have put travel completely on hold for a year.

TD
totoropanda likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
If you could live without it you might take the risk. If you really want it, it is your honeymoon, you might want to pay in advance.

I have a June/July trip planned that was moved from last year. Not sure things will be open by then. But I predict once this Covid thing gets under control hotels will fill up fast. Especially since many of us have put travel completely on hold for a year.

TD
I fear the masses returning too. I rebooked from last May to this May. Got everything exactly as I want it. 5 nights at Hilton Moorea and 5 at Conrad. But without kids in school full time Im not going to be able to make the trip this year. And Im really afraid/burdened with the idea of having to book 10 nights on points a third time, as the height of rebooking when things are open again. 😣
Old Mar 6, 2021, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
I fear the masses returning too. I rebooked from last May to this May. Got everything exactly as I want it. 5 nights at Hilton Moorea and 5 at Conrad. But without kids in school full time Im not going to be able to make the trip this year. And Im really afraid/burdened with the idea of having to book 10 nights on points a third time, as the height of rebooking when things are open again. 😣
Not sure if you booked on points, but I'm looking for one more standard night award on May 1 if that is one of your dates ;-).

Another question - has anyone had luck combining four single night points reservations so that they can get 5th night free? I asked the hotel directly and asked Hilton online chat and both said no.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by fls114
Not sure if you booked on points, but I'm looking for one more standard night award on May 1 if that is one of your dates ;-).

Another question - has anyone had luck combining four single night points reservations so that they can get 5th night free? I asked the hotel directly and asked Hilton online chat and both said no.
Yes. Have been able to do it many times.
fls114 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:23 pm

sorry, my dates are in mid/late May.

Also, in past experiences, I am pretty certain there has to be 5 rewards nights in a row available for base rate in order to get the 5th night free. You cant just have 4 nights, there has to be a 5th rewards night available to claim. But the last reply makes it seem like they may have had luck? Its probably very YMMV, but likely a no in most cases.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:53 pm

Well, looks like United just cancelled our flight from SFO to PPT :-(.
So now unsure if we will switch airlines or just scrap all together.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 2:30 pm

Hey guys, sorry if this is a terrible question, but looking right now on Hilton website it doesn't seem like their is any award availability for less then 290K per night. Am I searching wrong? I am looking for something in October but am not seeing any way to book for the Std room rate of 89K I see mentioned here all the time. Thanks for any help and sorry if I am just missing something.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by spier072
Hey guys, sorry if this is a terrible question, but looking right now on Hilton website it doesn't seem like their is any award availability for less then 290K per night. Am I searching wrong? I am looking for something in October but am not seeing any way to book for the Std room rate of 89K I see mentioned here all the time. Thanks for any help and sorry if I am just missing something.
Keep looking at your dates. They 89K nights might come available, but they are released about a year out and go quickly.

TD
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:02 pm

Well, looks like United just cancelled our flight from SFO to PPT :-(.
So now unsure if we will switch airlines or just scrap all together.
Your trip was mid-May?

Tahiti looks to be cloaked til at least March 15th (Also, the authorities of French Polynesia have declared a state of health emergencywith the application of reinforced measures through March 15, 2021) though most hotels have closed until April 1st.

Anyone know why flights in May are being canceled?

Still hoping my mid-June trip can still happen.

Thanks
TD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.