Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old Jan 4, 19, 11:53 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by alanslegal View Post
Seems like your most important preference is an OWV because you were happy when you got an OWV at the LM but felt a bit cheated at the Conrad when all they gave you was a Garden Villa (at least they didn't give you a one floor upgrade because that would be lame)

Now the Le Moana, to me, is a significant downgrade. The Le Moana's pool is one of the lamest pools I have ever seen for such a beautiful / higher end destination, is that all they can do? The Conrad's pool/sun lounges and bar/sunken tables and everything around it is gorgeous. The LM's villas all need to be rejuvenated but at least their base rooms are on the beach and steps away from the water versus the apartment style block of the Conrad.
Agree Le Moana hard product can't be compared to Conrad/Thalasso, but still had a great time at the OWV, and has awesome views of Mount Otemanu. If this is the only OWV you can "get" for free in Bora Bora, you won't be disappointed.
Old Jan 4, 19, 12:03 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
I am curious, why did you find BB more boring then the Maldives? In BB you have access to the main island which brings several kinds of possible activities whereas in the Maldives you are limited to the resort or around the resort. Not to say that I did not enjoy my stay in the Maldives, but I found there was more to do in BB.
In the Maldives, you can endlessly walk around and explore both islands. You really feel like you are on an island of your own (or two islands of your own). That felt special. They also have more gimmicks like the underwater restaurant, and a greater diversity of restaurants. The food was better all around. There are pools and bars scattered at different parts of the resort, so you really can make each day different. Lastly, you have the Gold/Diamond afternoon tea + happy hour with free booze. Those were awesome things to add to our routine.

If you're staying at BB and are "bored" of the Conrad so much you want to leave and do activities, I'd just checkout and stay at an Airbnb on the main island where you truly have access to activities, food, shopping without having to pay the Conrad rates. This is what I did before moving to the IC and it worked out great.

Last thing on Maldives -- personal preference, I like to add a culture destination to all my "resort" trips otherwise I get bored of beach and sand after 3-4 days. In the Maldives, you're a lot closer to some cool destinations (I went to Oman and Jordan). In Bora Bora, you're really far from anywhere else. I went to Tokyo right after Bora Bora and it was a 12 hour flight.
Old Jan 4, 19, 10:24 pm

I am curious, why did you find BB more boring then the Maldives? In BB you have access to the main island which brings several kinds of possible activities whereas in the Maldives you are limited to the resort or around the resort. Not to say that I did not enjoy my stay in the Maldives, but I found there was more to do in BB.

If we are comparing these three Conrads, the worst fit for the location is Conrad KS in my opinion. If going to KS, I would much rather stay around Chaweng; if one is looking for quiet and privacy, then of course Chaweng is not it, but why go to Conrad KS rather than Maldives if someone wants quiet? In BB the Conrad's weakness is that it does not have the mountain views, but the boat access to the main island makes it a decent choice in terms of ease of getting around.
I have to say, pretty nice Mt. view.....

Old Jan 4, 19, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by FirstForTakeoff View Post
Agree Le Moana hard product can't be compared to Conrad/Thalasso, but still had a great time at the OWV, and has awesome views of Mount Otemanu. If this is the only OWV you can "get" for free in Bora Bora, you won't be disappointed.
Award space is scarce...but Thalasso is all OWV.....
Old Jan 5, 19, 7:07 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 25+ BadgeMarriott 100+ Badge

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post

I have to say, pretty nice Mt. view.....

Thank you! Is this a picture from #107 ? The view is better than I thought so I am glad you posted to reset my previously incorrect assumption.

To be fair, I still believe the Mt Otemanu view is better at St.Regis (see my review here http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...ic-resort-2976) but that room type at St.Regis is in a much higher price range than the Dlx OWVs 104-106 which might be where you took that picture, if not 107.
Old Jan 6, 19, 4:42 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HHD, SPG LTG
To be fair, I still believe the Mt Otemanu view is better at St.Regis (see my review here http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...ic-resort-2976) but that room type at St.Regis is in a much higher price range than the Dlx OWVs 104-106 which might be where you took that picture, if not 107.
My swan says the views are better at the Thalasso

Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jan 6, 19, 8:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by alanslegal View Post
My swan says the views are better at the Thalasso
I think this swan knows what he's talking about
alanslegal and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Jan 6, 19, 6:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Tit/ LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold
Has anyone been keeping an eye on reward availability at this resort? It looks like there is 80K point availability almost every night for the next two months, not a lot until April and then nothing. Is it an extreme peak season, or is there a chance these rooms haven't been loaded yet? Looking at a stay around May.
Old Jan 6, 19, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
Has anyone been keeping an eye on reward availability at this resort? It looks like there is 80K point availability almost every night for the next two months, not a lot until April and then nothing. Is it an extreme peak season, or is there a chance these rooms haven't been loaded yet? Looking at a stay around May.
In the past I found availability either 11-12 months in advance or 1-2 months in advance. Not much in between so I am not surprised at the situation you describe.

I would also not be surprised if in March you find availability open up for your dates in May.
EuropeanPete and cuthroat like this.

Last edited by escape4; Jan 7, 19 at 1:14 am
Old Jan 6, 19, 7:45 pm

In November availability opened up from April till end of schedule. It was literally wide open for days, so likely it has all been booked up. Keep checking as I cancelled a May stay two days ago and it did not last long.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 9, 19, 6:55 pm

Thank you! Is this a picture from #107 ? The view is better than I thought so I am glad you posted to reset my previously incorrect assumption.

Yes that is from 107. All the rooms on that side have “similar” views. Also, to be fair, those are the only rooms that have any real view to Mt Otemanu at the Conrad.
Old Jan 11, 19, 10:01 am

I booked with points and was immediately offered eStandby Upgrade to OWB for 25,900XPF per night, which I immediately signed up for and received the email confirmation. The confirmation stated that it's upon availability at checkin and not guaranteed. Then several weeks later I received an email from someone at the Conrad BB who offered to upgrade me to a OWB for 40,000XPF. I replied back and forwarded the 25,900XPF email confirmation to him but haven't heard back yet. I'm not sure the Conrad is aware of the Hilton eStandy Upgrade. Anyway has any experience with this?
Old Jan 11, 19, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by em22 View Post
I booked with points and was immediately offered eStandby Upgrade to OWB for 25,900XPF per night, which I immediately signed up for and received the email confirmation. The confirmation stated that it's upon availability at checkin and not guaranteed. Then several weeks later I received an email from someone at the Conrad BB who offered to upgrade me to a OWB for 40,000XPF. I replied back and forwarded the 25,900XPF email confirmation to him but haven't heard back yet. I'm not sure the Conrad is aware of the Hilton eStandy Upgrade. Anyway has any experience with this?
I don't know anything about eStandby, but will tell you upgrade prices vary by who you get. I had three different quotes. I opted for the one that cost the least
Cynapse likes this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by em22 View Post
I think the eStandby Upgrade is a space-available deal. There's nothing confirmed about it other than your willingness to be upgraded and pay the offered price.
The other option directly with the hotel is a pre-paid, guaranteed upgrade. I originally also opted into the eStandby upgrade but then decided I didn't want to take my chances.
Old Jan 16, 19, 1:40 pm

While not May, I have 5 nights booked on the standard room points rate coming up in August. There is a strong possibility I will be cancelling that reservation soon.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: