Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman
I'm sure the question has been asked quite a bit already, but how much of a downgrade is the Moorea property compared to conrad bora bora? Judging by the look of things unless i save up a gazillion hilton points i have a better chance at getting standard award at Moorea
In a word ALOT.

We were very unimpressed with the Hilton Moorea and loved the Conrad. But we were partial to the IHG Moorea so that may play in to it as well.

TD.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman
I'm sure the question has been asked quite a bit already, but how much of a downgrade is the Moorea property compared to conrad bora bora? Judging by the look of things unless i save up a gazillion hilton points i have a better chance at getting standard award at Moorea
If planning to stay in your room a fair amount it is a huge difference. However, if you plan on going out and exploring and need a place to put your head down Hilton Moorea is solid.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
In a word ALOT.

We were very unimpressed with the Hilton Moorea and loved the Conrad. But we were partial to the IHG Moorea so that may play in to it as well.

TD.
This is the main reason why I’m staying in Moorea first, then BB. I fully expect good things from Hilton Moorea still and it’ll be my fist overwater bungalow. I’m looking forward to driving around the island and checking out the distillery too. 😋 But I expect a lot more from Conrad BB, and I’ll likely spend more time in my room there (I’d like to get a pool and this will be a sure thing).
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:38 am

Any recent updates on when we can expect Air France to resume their LAX-PPT and PPT-LAX routes?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by cmw021
Any recent updates on when we can expect Air France to resume their LAX-PPT and PPT-LAX routes?
This probably belongs in another thread.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by yakel
This probably belongs in another thread.
Fair point, but there's been an abundance of discussion regarding AF cancellations on this thread for the past several months. I've been looking for another relevant thread, but yet to find one.
pzpa and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmw021
I've been keeping an eye on this since i have 5 nights booked in early July - looks like July 6th is the first LAX-PPT flight, but no guarantees they won't cancel the July flights like they did June...
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:37 pm

Looks like the first two weeks of June was just released.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:00 pm

I little FYI. It does look like the Conrad calendar is being updated daily for June 2022. But unlike Hilton Tahiti/Moorea that has points and cash stays available, the Conrad keeps posting “Sold Out” every day. Curious if anyone has seen this before? I presume it just means they have not opened up June yet? But I don’t recall ever seeing this before.
They released the first two weeks today, still a couple days available but not sure which ones you need.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by eye84u
does it usually get booked up quickly right as they release it? I wasn't able to book in time sadly
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by avidchurner
does it usually get booked up quickly right as they release it? I wasn't able to book in time sadly
Yes, this is one of the most competitive locations to book. And there's increased demand due to people having to cancel trips for 2 years due to Covid.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:35 pm

My first post here as well to coordinate the next year vacation.!! It's really hard hard to make the all the reseration at once.
So, I also think we could jointly find a good solution and coordinate (before releasing and rebooking) together.
I just canceled some of May 2022 Conrad BB, and saw that they back to the available award rooms! Also after canceling the some Moorea rooms, they also directly back to the available award rooms as well.

So, for everybody: If it works for me with Moorea Hilton MAY 18/19-21 or 26-28, I can release some Conrad BB room as below.

Conrad BB
- May 13 to 16
- May 30 - June 4
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by eye84u
All are now over 800K per night. I presume a couple hours ago there were some 89K rooms available?

TD
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:00 pm

All are now over 800K per night. I presume a couple hours ago there were some 89K rooms available?

TD
Yes, when I looked I saw the nights of 1/2, 2/3 and 11/12 available, all the rest were showing 881k.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Yes, when I looked I saw the nights of 1/2, 2/3 and 11/12 available, all the rest were showing 881k.
Do any of you know what time of day the new rooms are typically released? I had been checking at least three times each day, but somehow missed this release (which is unfortunate since this was the group of dates I needed).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.