Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by italdesign
I can only speak for myself but personally, I don't mind flying Y to Tahiti from the west coast, for the following reasons:

1) At least as of 2 years ago, J products were mediocre while redemption rate was high, so not a good value.
2) It's a short flight as far as long haul goes, a little over 8hr I believe.
3) I don't mind a cramped day in the air when I have a week of paradise on the ground.
4) I live in CA, so the west coast departure is convenient.

I flew Y 2 years ago and it was surprisingly not terrible (it was my 1st long haul Y in many years).
I live on East Coast. I'm not flying Y.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by linaseta
I have been checking religiously for 3 weeks now for our anniversary trip and today was the only day i wasnt checking religiously, and of course, they released all of May today .

Still managed to grab 5th night free from May 8-13; but what Im really looking for is May 15-20 ... Since I have Hilton Moorea from May 23-27.
Had to pick a series of dates for Moorea first since they were released earlier, this totally screws up my plans... stupid hilton decides to change their system THIS month.
Maybe something to consider: I haven't stayed at Hilton Moorea but I did spend some time around it, it doesn't seem that special compared to Conrad BB. Personally, if I were in your situation (and not knowing your other circumstances), I would prioritize my plan around Conrad, and maybe look for other options in Moorea. I absolutely loved my B&B nestled in the mountains in Moorea, I would stay there again in a heartbeat. I loved having both mountain bungalow and OWB on the same trip!
Old Jun 9, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by italdesign
Maybe something to consider: I haven't stayed at Hilton Moorea but I did spend some time around it, it doesn't seem that special compared to Conrad BB. Personally, if I were in your situation (and not knowing your other circumstances), I would prioritize my plan around Conrad, and maybe look for other options in Moorea. I absolutely loved my B&B nestled in the mountains in Moorea, I would stay there again in a heartbeat. I loved having both mountain bungalow and OWB on the same trip!

That is what Im doing, building my trip around the 5 nights at the CBB since even if i had to pay in Moorea, it would be less. Shoulda book more nights at CBB when they were available XD... thought about it too late. Anyway, I was planning 2 hotels in BB, then whatever i can get at Moorea.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by linaseta
My plan was to actually do Bora Bora first and then Moorea. I dont think I want to deal with the anticipation of being in Moorea and looking forward to BB. I feel that looking forward to something makes time go faster and u enjoy it less XD... so i want to fully enjoy Moorea with no pressure, just to wind down from the trip.

I was going to build an itinerary on whatever dates I could get on CBB, so now I have to find availabilities for Moorea May 16/17- 20. I actually randomly hold May 19, so I would pay for the rest if need be. I take it that you dont plan to release those nights at all ? that would leave me with one other person in the world holding the nights I need.

Anybody wanna trade Moorea May 23-27 for May 16-20 let me know XD.
Sorry, no plans to release, this is my 3rd year in a row booking this trip and we'll see if it ends up working out. As for Conrad then Moorea, I'm super excited for this trip, I'm not worried about lack of anticipation for this trip. :P Though I am getting jaded from rebooking, lol.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:08 pm

My very first post here - yuhoooo!
@linaseta & @Cynapse: Guys, looks like we search for / in the same period :-)

Perhaps, we could jointly find a good solution and coordinate (before releasing and rebooking). For Moorea, I have currently (also posted next door in the thread dedicated to Hilton Moorea):

-- MAR 29-31 & APR 1-4
-- MAY 22-23, MAY 25-27 & MAY 28-29

For Moorea, mostly interested in before MAY-12 but also after MAY-22 (if I get the missing nights as per above). Not to bother the rest here with our first world problems: Perhaps per PM?

Thanks!

Last edited by Emick; Jun 9, 2021 at 1:56 pm Reason: specification
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:41 pm

When I had to re-book my 2020 vacation for 2021 the points stays were pretty wide open. I presume because we were all knee deep in Covid restrictions and most were not thinking that far ahead, Trying to re-re-book the same trip for 2022 is like The Hunger Games out here for standard points nights!

TD
Cynapse likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:55 pm

Ah, an important edit: The above availibilities / preferencies are for Moorea!
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:08 pm

Half board

I just got an estandby upgrade to a halfboard package for 8,500 xpf per person per night. This is a unique 3 course experience at iriatai or banyan or other options at other restaurants. I assume this is every night. Before I got this offer, I was actually thinking of getting the chef's tasting menu's at both iriatai and banyan and they cost roughly 30,000 xpf. This would cut my cost down to nearly half for those two places and would be in line to what I was willing to spend at other restaurants. That said, it also cuts the courses down from like 5-7 to 3. I was also looking to have that peking duck course at banyan so I'm at a dilemma. Have anyone done this? Is this worth it?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:23 pm

Has anyone done any of the Dining Experiences at the resort? 20.01.20 EN romantic (conradboraboranuiresort.com)
These are from early 2020, so probably subject to change, but I'd be interested in some of these options.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Your best best at Moorea is booking exactly 1 year out and getting the day as it is released. Then once you have it compiled into 5 consecutive days, you have to call Hilton and have them release the nights (always a scary prospect) and then rebook them as 5 in a row so you can get 4 nights with the 5th night free. Unfortunately Conrad BB does a random release and you never know when it'll be (case in point with May 2022, they released 1 week in mid-May, then none for the remainder of the month and then yesterday June 7th they released the remainder of May.
There was a stretch back in March where this was how it worked for the Conrad as well—it's how I pieced together our trip. I guess that's not how it normally goes?

Originally Posted by pzpa
Yes, I emailed the hotel directly about paid upgrades as soon as I made the reservation and upgraded just a couple days later.
Would you mind sharing the upgrade rates you were quoted? Or at least a ballpark? I need to do this as well but I don't really have a frame of reference on what to expect re the upgrade rates.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
Would you mind sharing the upgrade rates you were quoted? Or at least a ballpark? I need to do this as well but I don't really have a frame of reference on what to expect re the upgrade rates.
King Deluxe Overwater Villa XPF 40 000, Pool Overwater Villa XPF 90 000, Otemanu Pool Overwater Villa XPF 102 000. This was 2 months ago so I'm not sure how up to date the pricing is.
coolbeans202 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Emick
My very first post here - yuhoooo!
@linaseta & @Cynapse: Guys, looks like we search for / in the same period :-)

Perhaps, we could jointly find a good solution and coordinate (before releasing and rebooking). For Moorea, I have currently (also posted next door in the thread dedicated to Hilton Moorea):

-- MAR 29-31 & APR 1-4
-- MAY 22-23, MAY 25-27 & MAY 28-29

For Moorea, mostly interested in before MAY-12 but also after MAY-22 (if I get the missing nights as per above). Not to bother the rest here with our first world problems: Perhaps per PM?

Thanks!
I have Moorea 7th-16th if you are interested.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: hilton diamond, united 1k, priority
Last week April

Originally Posted by avidchurner
I have Moorea 7th-16th if you are interested.
if anyone releases the last week of April - I’d love it! Trying to rebuild for the 3rd time.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:44 am

I little FYI. It does look like the Conrad calendar is being updated daily for June 2022. But unlike Hilton Tahiti/Moorea that has points and cash stays available, the Conrad keeps posting “Sold Out” every day. Curious if anyone has seen this before? I presume it just means they have not opened up June yet? But I don’t recall ever seeing this before.

Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:51 am

I have 5 nights in month of August 2021 which I am gonna release in few days. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Hoping it goes back to the inventory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.