Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

December 31 to January 1 stays/nights: Which year do they credit to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cblaisd
The definitive answer to this question comes from Hilton Honors Ambassador:

A higher level contact than I reached out to previously confirms that both the stay and nights that began in 2019 on a crossover such as this will count for 2020.

My apologies for the misinformation....

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31877429-post215.html
Print Wikipost

December 31 to January 1 stays/nights: Which year do they credit to?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Thank you for everyone's contribution so far.

I don't think I really want to split the booking into 2 and have separate bookings, especially over the night of NYE where the rates could be much higher, not to mention that the paperwork involved with hotel etc.

Who is the official FT Hilton representative I should contact?

I understand that CSR is required to follow the rules. But seriously, if I stay until 01/01/2010 it really means all my hotel "nights" are all in 2009, and technically not really breaking the rules? Surely they have some leeway for people who actually spend money on Hilton rather than doing cheap Hilton MR or getting a credit card to get instant Gold/Diamond (and no, I am not critising the people who do this to get HH G/D, as it is all within the rules, but I wish I live in US though)?!

That is one of the unfortunate thing living Down Under is that cheap Hilton MR is hard to do.
Old May 31, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, bmi diamond club silver
i can report similar success from a stay this past new years, checking out jan 1, contacting hhonors via email after stay posted

i cant see how they would be willimg to help prior to the stay-you could cancel, not show up etc, and are basically asking for a favour in advance...?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:38 am

Question Stay over New Years, in which year do points accrue?

Here's a curly question that I can't find the answer to in the stickies or by searching:
Suppose I stayed at a Hilton Property for three nights, checking in Dec 30 and checking out Jan 2.

Given that status is now calculated by calendar year, to which year will the stay count toward? This previous year or the new year?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:55 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
The new year (it's the check out date that counts)

Regards
RedV
Fruitcake likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I can confirm RedV. We stayed in the DeSoto, the Savannah, GA Hilton on New Year's Eve, checking in on 12/31/08 and out on 1/1/09 and the stay credit shows up in this (2009) calendar year.

Doug
Old Aug 24, 2009, 4:03 pm

Thanks for the good information. It will certainly help with my planning. ^^^
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: CO Silver
points over New Year period

Hi,
I am staying in a Hilton property from the 28th of Dec til the 2nd of Jan. Will my Hhonors points be credited per day i.e. will I get some points for 2009 and some for 2010 or will they be for the year I check out or the year in which I check in? I can't find anything in the terms nor on FT.
thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Points are given when you check out and assigned to that year.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
It's an unfortunate period for promos, as they usually end on 31-Dec, but new ones only start around Jan 10.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by fromYXU
Points are given when you check out and assigned to that year.
I can confirm that. We stayed at the Savannah Desoto Hilton for one night, on New Year's Eve, checking in on 12/31/08 and out on 1/1/09. Points were credited to 2009.

Doug
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:54 am

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
Can a December 31 stay count as a 4th stay?

We have reaservations for checkin December 31 checkout January 1.

Does this count as a stay toward the 25,000 point bonus?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: HH diamond
No it will not. Stay must be COMPLETED by Dec 31. You don't check out until Jan 1.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 5:37 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Which year does it count?

I know I saw it somewhere before but if I check in Dec 31st and check out Jan 1 does the stay count for 2009 or 2010? I need to be sure I requalify so thanks for the answer!
Old Dec 13, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: HH diamond
2010. The date you check out is what counts.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 8:32 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
My advice, call the HHonors Customer Service and ask to speak with the supervisor. They might understand your situation and help you out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.