Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

December 31 to January 1 stays/nights: Which year do they credit to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cblaisd
The definitive answer to this question comes from Hilton Honors Ambassador:

A higher level contact than I reached out to previously confirms that both the stay and nights that began in 2019 on a crossover such as this will count for 2020.

My apologies for the misinformation....

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31877429-post215.html
Print Wikipost

December 31 to January 1 stays/nights: Which year do they credit to?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
While traditionally Hilton Honors has based the credit on the check out date (you can see the numerous examples and links in this thread) the Hilton Honors Ambassador recently posted this:

Does a stay count as date of check in or check out

So things might have changed recently.
Where is the post you're quoting? The link you provided led me to a thread with a most recent post from 2014. I am in a similar boat, except I have diamond locked up - I need one night to get to the 60 night milestone bonus. If my NYE stay won't count, I'll have to book a 24,000 point stay to earn 40,000.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Where is the post you're quoting? The link you provided led me to a thread with a most recent post from 2014. I am in a similar boat, except I have diamond locked up - I need one night to get to the 60 night milestone bonus. If my NYE stay won't count, I'll have to book a 24,000 point stay to earn 40,000.
Sorry, I’m not sure how that happened. This is the recent post from Hilton Honors Ambassador:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...cy19-cy20.html
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
The overall rule for cusp stays that go from one calendar year to the next would go something like this...A stay is credited to the year in which it begins and the nights of the stay are credited to the year in which they fall.

In this case, if you are only staying for one night beginning in 2019, that night is going to count towards 2019, not 2020.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Has this recently changed, or is the rule for milestones different than the rule for elite qualification? My past NYE stays have counted toward the following year for elite qualification, including my stay on 12/31/2018, which counted toward 2019.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:13 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Sorry, I’m not sure how that happened. This is the recent post from Hilton Honors Ambassador:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...cy19-cy20.html
Apologies for the misinformation, but I got some myself. Nothing has changed and I've made corrections to this post.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Apologies for the misinformation, but I got some myself. Nothing has changed and I've made corrections to this post.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Quite frustrating as am relying on a stay on 30 dec-1 Jan counting as a 2019 stay to requalify. Your inital post got my hopes up and even cancelled an extra night for tomorrow as I didn't think it was needed (currently on 29 nights)...have no choice now but to hope it credits as both years, as some have witnessed in the past
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

William - you sent me a PM, but I cannot reply. I received a message that you do not accept private messages (?)

my 31 dec - 1 jan stay did credit to 2020. this cost me a milestone bonus.

BOOOOOOOO

doug
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by batdude
William - you sent me a PM, but I cannot reply. I received a message that you do not accept private messages (?)

BOOOOOOOO

doug
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31881722-post6.html

Pretty sure you can send a PM next Monday at some point.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:40 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by batdude

BOOOOOOOO

doug
Apologies for the delay, but Private Messages have been turned back on.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Feb 7, 2021, 4:08 am

Looks like that changed now.. had a stay from the 25th of December 2020 to the 4th of January for which all nights were credited to 2021. Therefore missed two milestone bonus (first 7 nights count twice as still in 2020).. what a crap
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by SpaceMarkus
Looks like that changed now.. had a stay from the 25th of December 2020 to the 4th of January for which all nights were credited to 2021. Therefore missed two milestone bonus (first 7 nights count twice as still in 2020).. what a crap
Nothing has changed (despite some misinformation upthread that was subsequently corrected), Hilton has traditionally credited based upon the check-out date.

That said, under the terms of the 4Q double rewards promo, I believe you should have received 2x nights tier credit for the nights completed before 1JAN. From the t and c's of that promotion:
If I check-in before September 8, 2020, or check-out after December 31, 2020, do I still earn credit for that stay?Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before September 8, 2020 will receive double Hilton Honors Bonus Points for their stay if the stay is completed on or after September 8, 2020 and prior to or on December 31, 2020.

Registered Hilton Honors members will receive double night credit for all nights completed in the promotion period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends.
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...faq/index.html
Hilton Honors 4th quarter 2020 - Double Rewards Promo (09/08-12/31)
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Dec. 31 stay

Looking at the possibility of a Dec. 31 stay to finish the year.

Just making sure that a stay checking in 12/31 and checking out 1/1 will show as a 2023 stay. Anyone know for sure? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.