Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 7:00 pm

I was there last week on points too and was also on the 5th floor (across from the terrace). This was my first Hilton redemption, and the 40K for 5 nights seemed like a steal to me! However, I made my booking just a few days before, so my room only had a single queen bed. Some items at breakfast were decent, while others not so much, like the powdered eggs or when the waffle batter has gone sour...

We brought our own laundry detergent, and the laundry facilities were super convenient. The concierges were friendly and helped us book two things for us.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Internet is still pretty bad. It feels pretty speedy, but the speed test wasn't good:
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
We just finished our second stay here. The first time was in 2015 for four nights on points; this time we had 2 rooms for 5 nights on points. Most of this has already been mentioned by others:

1. Redemption rates are crazy good. With all the bonuses (2k every day) we paid a net grand total of 59000 points for rooms which would have cost $1500 incl taxes. Since I'd have earned the bonuses anyway on a cash rate, I have to use the original 80k points to determine the $/point return...about 1.9 cents! I almost feel guilty for drinking all the free bottled water, plus the free coffee & tea all day in the courtyard.
2. Location is good for tourist stuff. You can easily/cheaply catch Uber to Polanco if you want a nice dinner.
3. Garabato's in the lobby has very tasty/fresh/inexpensive food! They offer room service which we didn't use. We've never tried Fishers (the seafood restaurant also adjacent to the lobby)
4. The 5th floor terrace is a pleasant place to hang out, both day and in the evening. High enough that you can still hear the street noise but it's not too bad. Smokers come up there to get their fix, but leave quickly.
3. Breakfast is so-so. OK if you want something quickly.

Just a couple of negatives:
1. Rooms can be noisy. If they face the street, you get street noise. If they face the courtyard, you get interior noise.

2. From 3 years ago:
Originally Posted by saneman

My room had a slight sewer smell, but it seemed to wear off a tad.
We had this in one of our rooms this time. Very slight, just enough to ask when we returned to the room: "Do you smell that?" "Yeah I think so."

I don't think we'll return, just because I've now spent 9 nights in CDMX and I think I'm done. I've been to the Lucha Libre match, the Ballet Folklorico, BIKO, and all the major museums. Time to move on to something else. But it was great experiencing all those things with such an inexpensive hotel redemption.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Anyone who stay here know if they're sensitive about unregistered guests visiting your room? At the four points they really check to make sure everyone going up with you is a registered guest.

A friend is staying nearby and last time he had to wait in the lobby while I went up to the room.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I stayed here earlier in the year and really liked the hotel as well. Excellent value, great touristic location and the staff was good. CDMX is a great weekend away and when I head back this hotel will be my home base.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
looks like this hotel is 20,000 points a night now minimum? Definitely not worth it anymore. Hilton reforma drops to 21-26,000 offpeak, and much better property.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
looks like this hotel is 20,000 points a night now minimum? Definitely not worth it anymore. Hilton reforma drops to 21-26,000 offpeak, and much better property.
Hilton Reforma is a fantastic property. Light years better than Hampton.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Hilton Reforma is a fantastic property. Light years better than Hampton.
+1.

If the Hampton is now 20k, even the Hilton Reforma at 30k justifies easily the difference
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 1/26 - 1/28

Location: The hotel is located on the Calle 5 Februaro two blocks from the Plaza de la Constitucion. There are more restaurants within a half mile of the hotel than can be counted and it's a fun place to be at night. Also within a half mile are two Metro stops (Pina Suarez (Lines 1 and 2) and Zocala (Line 2). MEX is about an 80 Peso (~$4) Uber ride. There are also no problems getting cabs from here.

Hotel: Probably the nicest Hampton Inn in terms of physical plant I've been to. The hotel is in a gorgeous stone building with a large central atrium. There's a bakery and a seafood restaurant attached the hotel that can be accessed from inside. The lobby is large and expansive and has a sweet/sundry shop as well as a small business center. Security at the hotel is good too and they're conscious over who comes in.

Check In: Handled well by a polite agent who gave me a welcome letter and explained all the features of the hotel.

Room: A little on the small side but it's an older building. The bathroom was especially tiny and the shower didn't always get hot. On the plus side there were snacks and bottled water waiting for me in the room that were replenished and the wifi worked well. I can also say I think it's the only Hampton Inn I've stayed at where I got a robe.

Breakfast: Very impressive and way better than an average US HI. The first day there were eggs with cheese, spicy pork loin, ham, popcorn chicken and beans and the second day eggs with ham, sausage and beans as well as cold items and Mexican coffee.

This hotel is also a steal at 20,000 HH points per night. I'd gladly be back.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CMK10
It used to be 10k. With Hilton Reforma at 30k, I'm not sure 20 is really a bargain.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It used to be 10k. With Hilton Reforma at 30k, I'm not sure 20 is really a bargain.
I can't speak to the Reforma, but I stayed at this HI for 2 nights 2-3 years ago at the 10k rate and agree, it's gotta be one of the nicest HIs I've ever stayed in. Hilton category creep was going to catch up eventually.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
+1

In February I will be in Mexico City and I have booked at the Hilton Reforma. Also in most of my stays the Reforma has been generous with upgradings.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
I am afraid I could not disagree more with you, on this one. In fact if 20,000 HH points equals a minimum 100 usd, then one is better off simply paying cash, at a lower price.

20k for this Hotel, poorly located in an eerie street at night ? Of course you can Uber yourself in and out, but then, one can Uber ourselves anywhere, right ?

I do agree this property is much better than the average HI in the US, but then again, when outside the US any brand tends to be way better than their similar in the US, either HI or Hilton, or...

As a side note, Hilton Reforma Mexico City is in a main avenue, safe walking day or night, gorgeous views from their bedrooms, a five-star property all way around, as it used to be a top notch SPG property. Both in service and in the hard product, it is in a completely different league.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
I went to the NFL Monday night game in Nov 16 and returned at MIDNIGHT on the subway to the Zocalo metro station, and then completed the walk back to the hotel.

Yes, the streets were mostly vacant by then, in fact they were doing "sidewalk washing" in Zocalo square. I enjoy seeing a city in a different light and in NO WAY felt threatened or UNSAFE

The hotel does lock its doors that late but they immediately welcomed us and opened the door.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by pb9997
20k for this Hotel, poorly located in an eerie street at night ?
Originally Posted by wolfie52
I went to the NFL Monday night game in Nov 16 and returned at MIDNIGHT on the subway to the Zocalo metro station, and then completed the walk back to the hotel.

Yes, the streets were mostly vacant by then, in fact they were doing "sidewalk washing" in Zocalo square. I enjoy seeing a city in a different light and in NO WAY felt threatened or UNSAFE
I've traveled throughout latin america (including Guatemala when the death squads were active and various parts of Colombia before it was considered "safe") and I would be very hesitant to walk some of the streets surrounding the HI after 9 or 10 pm. I love Mexico City, but crime is a reality and it's best to be careful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.