Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Blackpool (UK) {GBR} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Blackpool (UK) {GBR} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:30 am

They are bad at loading forward inventory at this hotel. February this year wasn’t showing until May 2017 and it took another month for them to load anything but fully flexible rates.

If you email mail them they will take a booking but it will be at the full flexible rate.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
They are bad at loading forward inventory at this hotel. February this year wasn’t showing until May 2017 and it took another month for them to load anything but fully flexible rates.

If you email mail them they will take a booking but it will be at the full flexible rate.
Thanks for the solid info again, was worried they were disappearing from the chain...

Wonder when the hampton will start taking bookings, here's hoping for another 10k hilton redemption!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold

Thanks for the solid info again, was worried they were disappearing from the chain...

Wonder when the hampton will start taking bookings, here's hoping for another 10k hilton redemption!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
I really don't like this hotel. Have had a moan on the live chat about my stay on Friday.

The website lies - not all the rooms on the top 2 floors are refurbished. Was given room 750. It was noisy - everyone walking down that corridor walks towards your door. It wasn't refurbed, it was filthy. I can't unsee what I saw when i pulled the sofa bed out looking for a plug socket.

We were only there for 1 night, so I probably would have let it go had we had good service. 5 hours to get my 2 bottles of water for being Diamond, was not good service. They don't answer the phone, when you walk all the way to reception they are nice and apologetic but nothing happens. I eventually just ordered some from room service and refused to sign for them.

I had a bad experience with this hotel a year or so ago - there's a bug on the Hilton public sector website that rolls over 2 months when you click the right arrow. My fault for not checking but when I called the hotel to explain my error and could I change the date for a month earlier, they simply said no.

I'm sure the refurb rooms are nice, but at check out I was told that all the top 2 floors are refurbished, just not the family rooms.

Breakfast was fine.

YMMV.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Geoggy
I really don't like this hotel. Have had a moan on the live chat about my stay on Friday.

The website lies - not all the rooms on the top 2 floors are refurbished. Was given room 750. It was noisy - everyone walking down that corridor walks towards your door. It wasn't refurbed, it was filthy. I can't unsee what I saw when i pulled the sofa bed out looking for a plug socket.

We were only there for 1 night, so I probably would have let it go had we had good service. 5 hours to get my 2 bottles of water for being Diamond, was not good service. They don't answer the phone, when you walk all the way to reception they are nice and apologetic but nothing happens. I eventually just ordered some from room service and refused to sign for them.

I had a bad experience with this hotel a year or so ago - there's a bug on the Hilton public sector website that rolls over 2 months when you click the right arrow. My fault for not checking but when I called the hotel to explain my error and could I change the date for a month earlier, they simply said no.

I'm sure the refurb rooms are nice, but at check out I was told that all the top 2 floors are refurbished, just not the family rooms.

Breakfast was fine.

YMMV.
thanks for the trip report, some interesting and helpful knowledge there....... my stays here have been so-so.......however had the most fantastic carvery a couple of years back!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:16 am

Hotel has been purchased by Starwood Capital and will be managed by Kew Green.

It will continue to trade under the Hilton brand.

Starwood Capital have also purchased the following.
Hilton London Angel Islington
Hilton Milton Keynes
Hilton Bath City
Hilton Belfast
Hilton Coylumbridge
Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.
Roger likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:46 pm

Hotel has been purchased by Starwood Capital and will be managed by Kew Green.

It will continue to trade under the Hilton brand.

Starwood Capital have also purchased the following.
Hilton London Angel Islington
Hilton Milton Keynes
Hilton Bath City
Hilton Belfast
Hilton Coylumbridge
Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.
So the Hilton website now says "This hotel will be leaving the Hilton group from the 26th June".

So most hotel rooms have recently been refurbished.. new owners... and is leaving Hilton, I wonder what this hotel is going to become? I can't seem to find any news articles or clues relating to this even though it's only a couple of weeks away.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by delinquentwoody
So the Hilton website now says "This hotel will be leaving the Hilton group from the 26th June".

So most hotel rooms have recently been refurbished.. new owners... and is leaving Hilton, I wonder what this hotel is going to become? I can't seem to find any news articles or clues relating to this even though it's only a couple of weeks away.
Kind of a shame really, not a great Hilton but fairly ok nonetheless and handy for Blackpool...... I stayed a couple of times over the years......first time in 2010 , I had a gig to do on the seafront and got chatting to a couple in the bar beforehand on the sofas by the window........ then I had a random stay in 2016, grabbed a beer and went and sat on the same sofa, looked up and exactly the same couple was there again!.....what are the chances of that!.....6 years later same time same place!......... however yes it will be interesting to see what flag it will fly going forward. Still a shame though.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
wizla, is there a magic spell going on? Well, I will be a first timer here end of September and will be hit by de-flagging the first time directly. I addressed my concerns (DIA benefits) to the GM yesterday. It is a prepaid stay and beside that the location would suit me well. Plus that I have kindly been pre-upgraded to a sea view room showing south. Well bad luck that my four nights won’t count towards elite status.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Any news on what it will be after it leaves Hilton, can’t find anything in the news?

Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
I also wonder what it means for the others on that list. I could see Hilton Coylumbridge going the same way which would be a shame. Again, not the best Hilton but really nice spot.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:17 am

Having lived in the area I know quite a few people in the town and no one seems to have heard anything yet as to what is happening.

The long standing GM left a month or so back and is now at Holiday Inn Lincoln and the Hampton opened last week.

The top two floors were refurbished a couple of years ago and AFAIK most rooms have had the bathrooms replaced as well so it will be interesting to see what’s happening with it. It’s also disappeared from the Kew Green website so something is odd about it all.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Blackpool is just another example of the contempt Hilton have to their brand. An utterly crap, tired hotel that has a crap reputation with a meaningless Hilton logo slapped on the front, charging stupid prices for crap because Hilton are an expert in promising the world and delivering a very legacy product. They are the Bevvie Airways (BA) of the hotel world.
There must be hundreds of hotels like it. It either boils down to a complete feckless attitude at HQ to hotels that fall below standard; management contracts having no teeth to force owners to carry out constant upgrades or a marketplace across all the brands where they are so desperate for market share they don't give two craps what their name is slapped on.

At what point did the Hilton brand become so meaningless. It can be on a genuine 5* palace or stuck on some dump? Was it pre-Ladbrokes? During the split off of Hilton international and Hilton Hotels Corp? Was the former the issue?

We have all stayed at many Hilton Blackpool's. Let's think of some. The former Bromsgrove, (fmr) Dunkeld House, East Midlands Airport, Gatwick, Edinburgh Grosvenor, Newcastle Gateshead.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:26 am

Can’t disagree with much of that and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the Hilton goes as the Hampton which is probably a brand more suited to the town opens.

The standard of some regular Hilton branded properties in the U.K. as a whole can leave a lot to be desired. Some are that bad I wouldn’t even allow them to be reflagged as a Doubletree.

MichaelBaku likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
Hilton Blackpool is just another example of the contempt Hilton have to their brand. An utterly crap, tired hotel that has a crap reputation with a meaningless Hilton logo slapped on the front, charging stupid prices for crap because Hilton are an expert in promising the world and delivering a very legacy product. They are the Bevvie Airways (BA) of the hotel world.
There must be hundreds of hotels like it. It either boils down to a complete feckless attitude at HQ to hotels that fall below standard; management contracts having no teeth to force owners to carry out constant upgrades or a marketplace across all the brands where they are so desperate for market share they don't give two craps what their name is slapped on.

At what point did the Hilton brand become so meaningless. It can be on a genuine 5* palace or stuck on some dump? Was it pre-Ladbrokes? During the split off of Hilton international and Hilton Hotels Corp? Was the former the issue?

We have all stayed at many Hilton Blackpool's. Let's think of some. The former Bromsgrove, (fmr) Dunkeld House, East Midlands Airport, Gatwick, Edinburgh Grosvenor, Newcastle Gateshead.
Garforth Leeds
Bradford
Keswick Lodore.....
hugolover and MichaelBaku like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.