Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2002, 4:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tayd:
My fiancee and I will be doing our first MR on the weekend of 12/14-12/15 (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...L/003656.html) and we'll be arriving at LAX at 6:43 PM and departing early next morning, at 6:30 AM. We won't have a car, and I haven't been outside of LAX before.

Any suggestions or recommendations which hotel to stay? I've read favorable comments about Hilton Garden Inn here as well as the Doubletree (or was it the Embassy Suites?). I'm HHGold. Price wise, HHonors has $69 for the HGI. Haven't checked Embassy Suites or Doubletree but I understand they're higher?

Thanks!

Regards,
David

[This message has been edited by tayd (edited 11-21-2002).]
</font>
Old Nov 29, 2002, 4:42 pm

The El Segundo Double Tree is a good choice.
There is a courtesy phone in the baggage pickup area for the hotel. The shuttle runs
every half hour. The hotel is only a few miles away. As a HH gold you will get two cookies and two bottles of water at checkin. I'm not sure, breafast on the weekend might start at 7am. Cabs are very expensive and go on time and not distance.
Two city blocks from the DT is a Sizzler with
a great buffet and salad bar the price per person is less than $10 each. Have a nice trip.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tayd:
http://www.flyertalk.com/dining/ftdi...ML/000019.html

Any recommendations on a good restaurant in the area?

Thanks,
David
</font>
I've stayed out at the LAX Hilton a lot 2 years ago and don't really remember much special in the immediate area. It's a pretty typical hotel row by an airport.

The only thing I can recommend is Encounter which is on the LAX property. It is a funky 'austin-powersesque' retro kind of restaurant. To be honest it wasn't cheap (I was on expense account) if I recall.

Good luck. I did a google for LAX restaurants and I got this link

http://www.destinationresources.com/...urants_lax.htm
Old Nov 30, 2002, 10:19 am

The only restaurant within walking distance from the LAX Hilton is a Denny's that is more expensive than the on-property Bistro.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Dec 1, 2002, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
We stayed at the LAX Hilton in February and just completed a one night stay at the HGI at El Segundo. Based on our experiences, I would pick the HGI. We paid $62 AAA for HGI and $80 for Hilton LAX. We had an upgraded room at HGI but a lousy room at Hilton LAX. We got two two full breakfast coupons at HGI.

We arrived at 11:30pm on a Friday and were told that the HGI shuttle had stopped running. They said get a taxi and they would reimburse us (which they did).

The next morning our shuttle driver took us directly to Budget rental car instead of just back to the airport.

Hilton LAX is older but closer but HGI is newer and nicer.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 10:09 pm

Best Hilton Family Hotel @ LAX

What's the best Hilton family hotel at LAX?
Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:55 am

Hilton Garden Inn, LAX... ask for the 'special room'... that's the room they use for typically HH Diamonds if it's available to test the latest and greatest in Hilton innovation. I love the hotel, the pool is nice, breakfasts are warm and ok, you get yummy cookies free every evening from receiption and free access to the business centre 24 hours, with high speed internet access. All this, and the rates are generally quite low. Unfortateunly no exec flr like the Hilton LAX Airport. Also - there is free parking and a free shuttle (though not as regular as the hilton LAX airport), plus they'll take you around to places within a few miles of the hotel and the green line metro is literally next door to the hotel, though you do have to go through some seedy areas to get up to hollywood, central LA, etc.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 6:18 pm

So, is it pretty much a concensus that this is the place to stay at LAX in the Hilton chain???
Old Jan 21, 2003, 6:38 pm

Never been to Hilton Garden, but here is why I liked my stay at Hilton LAX Airport:
- Free, frequent shuttle.
- Fun view of planes landing.
- Despite being on airport, quiet rooms.
- Oversized heavy curtains make for dark rooms.
- Great healthclub. 24 Hour fitness. $6 or free to HHonors Elite.
- Nice top floor Executive lounge with breakfast (Gold/Diamond)
- Reasonably priced bistro (given location. Seriously! Denny's 2 blocks away was more expensive)
- Friendly customer service.
- Free shuttle to the beach.
- Nice pool area.

Rates vary widely. When I was looking for a room, Hilton LAX @ $79 vs. Hilton Garden @ $99. I ended up using Point Saver points.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 10:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
My vote has always been for the LAX Hilton! Let me add the following:

Suite upgrades for Diamond members are very nice!

Also, they have a Hertz location that you can do drop off at! I.e., pick up on outbound at the Hertz LAX location and drop off at the hotel. Very convenient if spending the night for an early am departure.

Very good food service and venues!
Old Jan 22, 2003, 6:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
The two ES properties at LAX will get you a little more room and all the perqs that go with an ES (drinks, breakfast). We've never been upgraded at the LAX Hilton and never been given lounge access. The rooms are small, but breakfast in the restaurant was very good with both kids being comped (on a "breakfast for 2" rate).
Old Jan 23, 2003, 5:01 pm

If I was going there with a family, I would stay at the ES North. Bigger room (ask for the corner rooms) than Hilton, free cooked to order breakfast, not cont. breakfast (for kids, this is nice).

I've stayed in all but the Garden Inn. I always go back to the ES North property.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 12:05 am
Suspended

My vote: HILTON GARDEN INN, El Segundo (2 miles from LAX). Stay on 2nd and 3rd floors, not 1st floor. Brilliant hotel.

HILTON LAX was good too, however, when I stayed there, I got one of their real low 21 day advance purchase rates and when I checked in, the clerk had the *audacity* to say, "because your rate was so low, you will not be getting frequent flier miles". Mind you, I naturally called Hilton H Honors 4 days later and *bing* double dip (miles and points).

I believe the Hilton LAX manager is now a baggage handler in Terminal 4??

SHADO
Old Feb 17, 2004, 1:52 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
What's up with Hilton's high prices in LAX.

I was looking to book some stays(3/17-3/23) at the HGI/DoubleTree near LAX, but the prices were $100-150 and up. I'm not paying that much for one night qualifying stays.

Anyone know what's up?

At this moment it looks like I'm going to credit these stays to Starwood at the Four Points LAX($65).

------------------
"Rows 50 and above are business seats for those with infants" - gfowler-ord-1k
SkyTeam - "The whatever's leftover Alliance"
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:03 am

It looks like you're jumping between two hotels on a nightly basis, so my experience won't apply, but for a recent 4 night trip I found that the Hilton website would take the highest price and apply it to all nights, whereas other chains would average the price across the stay. This is significantly important if staying a weekend, as you end up paying say $150 per night rather than the weekend rate of say $90. Too much hassle to make separate bookings, so ended up at the Crowne Plaza...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.