Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Just make sure the restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner...many properties aren't back to normal yet.
Thank you.
Apparently one restaurant is open for dinner and breakfast but we are not travelling for another couple of months. So hopefully things might be a bit better.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, there will be a second person. I have booked a breakfast inclusive deal for one (with the second person staying for free) since it is an airport hotel and so will use the $30 for dinner.
Second guest stays free doesn't apply to rates that include meals

Is the rate (with and without breakfast) actually higher if you book for 2 people vs 1 person, and if yes by how much?
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Second guest stays free doesn't apply to rates that include meals

Is the rate (with and without breakfast) actually higher if you book for 2 people vs 1 person, and if yes by how much?
This is why it gets confusing since the Hilton customer services says it should be fine but nowhere does this says so.
I just rechecked and Hilton breakfast rate is indeed $24 more for 2 adults compared to 1 adult rate!!!
But normally as Diamond you got free breakfast for you and a companion (which was a Diamond perk) which has now been removed.
So guess I better cancel the booking.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: HH diamond
This is why it gets confusing since the Hilton customer services says it should be fine but nowhere does this says so.
I just rechecked and Hilton breakfast rate is indeed $24 more for 2 adults compared to 1 adult rate!!!
But normally as Diamond you got free breakfast for you and a companion (which was a Diamond perk) which has now been removed.
So guess I better cancel the booking.
The T&C specifically says the 2nd person stays free is for the room only, not for any included extras. So the breakfast inclusive rate booked for 1 is ONLY for 1. Your 2nd person doesn't get breakfast. Not sure if you can try to argue for the F&B credit for 1 person. But the 2nd person definitely doesn't qualify for the rate-included breakfast.

The Diamond benefit is no longer breakfast. Instead it is for a fixed $ amount depending on the hotel brand. Many ppl report the allowed amount no longer covers what used to be the Diamond breakfast.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
The T&C specifically says the 2nd person stays free is for the room only, not for any included extras. So the breakfast inclusive rate booked for 1 is ONLY for 1. Your 2nd person doesn't get breakfast. Not sure if you can try to argue for the F&B credit for 1 person. But the 2nd person definitely doesn't qualify for the rate-included breakfast.

The Diamond benefit is no longer breakfast. Instead it is for a fixed $ amount depending on the hotel brand. Many ppl report the allowed amount no longer covers what used to be the Diamond breakfast.
Indeed. The free breakfast was one of the best benefits along with lounge access. However in the US, the breakfast perk is not available anymore and the credit vouchers certainly do not cover even the breakfast. I will email the hotel and see what they can offer but I am not expecting any positive outcome . If not, there are plenty of other options nearby since with no breakfast and the lounge currently closed, no need to book a Hilton in US currently since not really getting my Diamond benefits.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:31 am

Hilton breakfast inclusive rates normally has wording along the lines of "for each registered guest in the room". Thus if you book the room for 1 person only, your companion would not be eligible per the rules. I would just calculate the cost of adding the 2nd person, versus the meal cost if you were to use the provided vouchers for two and the remaining upcharge on the meal.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
I don't think that we know this is going to be true in 2022 when the OP will be traveling. Unless I missed something, there hasn't been any announcement about whether the fixed dollar credit will continue next year.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 12:24 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
If you specify which hotel, or post on the dedicated thread for that hotel, people may be able to tell you what the hotel will provide.

Remember the diamond benefit is continental breakfast. $24 may be the cost of full breakfast, but the hotel only has to give you credit equal to the cost of a continental breakfast to fulfill the spirit of the old rules (and in the US you are still obliged to pay a tip....)

​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Nov 28, 2021, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
If you specify which hotel, or post on the dedicated thread for that hotel, people may be able to tell you what the hotel will provide.

Remember the diamond benefit is continental breakfast. $24 may be the cost of full breakfast, but the hotel only has to give you credit equal to the cost of a continental breakfast to fulfill the spirit of the old rules (and in the US you are still obliged to pay a tip....)

​​​​​
​​​​​
Sorry should have mentioned that I am looking at the Hilton LAX hotel. The current rules are $15 per person up to maximum of two persons for the F&B voucher and this is to compensate for the lack of breakfast as Diamond perk. The cost of full cooked breakfast if prepaid is $24 per person.
The lack of access to the Executive lounge which is currently closed, is not compensated for Diamond members.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Sorry should have mentioned that I am looking at the Hilton LAX hotel. The current rules are $15 per person up to maximum of two persons for the F&B voucher and this is to compensate for the lack of breakfast as Diamond perk. The cost of full cooked breakfast if prepaid is $24 per person.
The lack of access to the Executive lounge which is currently closed, is not compensated for Diamond members.
Hilton LAX was one of my go-to hotels in that part of LA. The lounge was good, then it went to OK and now it is permanently closed. The room rates are normally good but car parking and food in the restaurant is expensive. Park in the yellow spot parking next door. It's half the price. Also the hotel can be very loud if you are on the wrong side. I now go to the Embassy suites on the other side of the tunnel (nearer to imperial/105). Included breakfast in managers evening reception. Get a room on the backside, no view but quiet. Also you can park for free on the street outside the hotel.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:41 pm

Can't you consider a Hilton property where breakfast is included? There are a ton.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by timfountain
Hilton LAX was one of my go-to hotels in that part of LA. The lounge was good, then it went to OK and now it is permanently closed. The room rates are normally good but car parking and food in the restaurant is expensive. Park in the yellow spot parking next door. It's half the price. Also the hotel can be very loud if you are on the wrong side. I now go to the Embassy suites on the other side of the tunnel (nearer to imperial/105). Included breakfast in managers evening reception. Get a room on the backside, no view but quiet. Also you can park for free on the street outside the hotel.
Thank you. Will look into that.

Originally Posted by hotscot
Can't you consider a Hilton property where breakfast is included? There are a ton.
I have been looking at other options but most have bad reviews. One other option is the Hampton Inn and suites on the South Side. Looks like it might be a better option. Was looking for somewhere with shuttle, breakfast and a quick dinner before sleep.

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 28, 2021 at 7:00 pm Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been looking at other options but most have bad reviews. One other option is the Hampton Inn and suites on the South Side. Looks like it might be a better option. Was looking for somewhere with shuttle, breakfast and a quick dinner before sleep.
Hampton Inn's generally (always?) don't have restaurants, i.e., there won't be a dinner option there. They only serve light breakfasts. It's also probably the most basic accommodations of all brands in the Hilton portfolio (which is fine if you keep your expectations relatively low).
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Hampton Inn's generally (always?) don't have restaurants, i.e., there won't be a dinner option there. They only serve light breakfasts. It's also probably the most basic accommodations of all brands in the Hilton portfolio (which is fine if you keep your expectations relatively low).
Thank you. Never stayed at a Hampton Inn before. The pictures looked like it was very modern and well furnished. Might have to rethink Hilton properties and look at Hyatt or Marriott for a change. If not bite the bullet with Hampton since its only one night preflight stay.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 1:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Thank you. Never stayed at a Hampton Inn before. The pictures looked like it was very modern and well furnished. Might have to rethink Hilton properties and look at Hyatt or Marriott for a change. If not bite the bullet with Hampton since its only one night preflight stay.
Hamptons tend to be updated to current standards and I prefer them to many other brands for this reason. Give us a property and we can confirm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.