Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Old Sep 2, 2002, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA,UA,HH,Marriott
We stayed at the LAX Hilton on 8/21, and loved it. It's a beautiful hotel, with 24hr shuttle service.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TWA Guy:
How's the LAX Hilton? Got a rate there of $99.
</font>
Old Sep 2, 2002, 4:28 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
The Embassy Suites LA Airport South in El Segundo gets my vote. Nice rooms, great service, convenient to the airport, and quiet, too.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 2:15 pm

The south Embassy Suites is great--I also recommend the Garden Inn in El Segundo (where I most often stay if I go down early for a flight.)
Old Sep 3, 2002, 4:22 pm

Used a 2 day, midweek reward to stay overnight at the LAX Hilton. Closest to the airport and they pickup and deliver you, so we didn't have to rent a car for the night. Since I was only staying onenight, and I was Hilton Gold, the girl at checkin gave my party of three passes to the executive lounge. We went up about 15 minutes later and had pizza, Chinese hors deaurves(spell ?) fruit and Vegetables. Later coffee, tea and all kinds of small cakes and desserts. Soda, water, milks and such were free. Only had to pay for alcohol. After 8 days in Hawaii, it was nice just to sit, read the paper and have a drink of wine.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 10:16 pm
Don

Doubletree LAX is always my choice.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 10:29 am

My favorite is Hilton Garden Inn at LAX, they always upgrade me to a suite (I am Diamond), free breakfast for both my wife and I, without begging and the parking is free. The best part is the total bill is usually around eighty dollars.

[This message has been edited by cy-gone (edited 09-04-2002).]
Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I prefer the Hilton: Have always gotten a suite upgrade on the concierge floor, Hertz is on site (A HUGE advantage!), and shuttles are frequent.
Old Sep 5, 2002, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Anyone ever stay at the Hampton Inn at LAX?
Old Oct 27, 2002, 1:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
Overnight near LAX

I will be arriving late one evening next summer in LAX only to overnight to catch a flight to New Zealand the next evening. Anyone care to make any recommendations of Hilton family of hotels to stay at during that overnight? I am especially interested in a good deal (of course) and if any had ever done this and been given A REAL LATE checkout (e.g. late afternoon) as I don't have to be back to LAX until about 6pm.
Old Oct 27, 2002, 2:49 pm

In my experience LAX Embassy Suites often cheapest (although there may be HGI or Hampton Inn nearby). Bit grotty but fine for sleeping. Very close to airport, half hourly shuttle bus (and you're next door to budget rent-a-car with shuttles all the time...)
Old Oct 27, 2002, 3:08 pm

There is a Doubletree Club Hotel approx. 3 miles away from LAX on 1985 East Grand Ave..
I think it's free shuttle runs every twenty minutes, the call is free from the luggage area via courtesy telephone.
Old Oct 27, 2002, 4:52 pm

The next time I need to stay in LA, I plan on staying at the HGI described in this article:
http://www.sltrib.com/10272002/sunday/10813.htm

It is very close to LAX and is the hotel where Hilton tries out all of their new ideas.

For more reviews, check out this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/004819.html
Old Oct 27, 2002, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
I've always had good experiences with the Hilton LAX Airport (located right down the street from LAX with a pretty regular shuttle to and from LAX). I've been able to find a $79 rate at the hotel on most occasions, and they're good about giving HHonors Gold upgrades to the Tower floors. The Towers Lounge is nice enough, though not stunning, and has a good breakfast selection.
Old Oct 27, 2002, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
I have been able to get Hotwire rates for Hilton LAX Airport (listed as 3-1/2 star) on Hotwire for $65.00/night weekdays
and 55.00/night Friday-Sunday

Try www.hotwire.com, set yourself up with a user ID and Password, etc; select Hotels, select Los Angeles, CA, select LAX North as your hotel choice and pick the 3-1/2 star hotel.

Be sure and select LAX North when you are at the hotwire website selecting hotel location(not LAX South, or you won't get the Hilton LAX Airport)

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Radiocycle (edited 10-27-2002).]
Old Oct 27, 2002, 7:55 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have seen many get rooms at the HGI near LAX for good rates through www.priceline.com

Although not a Hilton property, I just stayed at the LAX Radisson for US$ 45.75 TOTAL through priceline. I bid $35 plus taxes and fee for a 4 star LAX property and the hotel was fine.

See www.biddingfortravel.com for more inside info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.