Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2002, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call the Hilton 800 number and/or the hotel directly and ask the rate for a "day room". Typically these go for about 40-60% of the nightly cost and are typically valid for 0800 AM to 600 PM or whatever you agree to. Hours and cost vary wildly as per their expected night occupancy.

MisterNice
Old May 11, 2002, 9:41 pm

Programs: Plat Marriott, GM Delta, 1K United
Some of the rooms at both hotels can be noisy from the airport -- but both are ok with good breakfast, etc. Prefer north
Old May 12, 2002, 1:17 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Why not just use Priceline and pay for an extra night.

Given how cheap Priceline rates are, I book an extra night if I want to check in early or check out late.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 11:32 am

LAX Hotel Room w/o Car Rental

Just staying one night to recover from 9 nights in Hawaii. Don't want to rent a car, just want to sleep. I want to know which is the easiest hotel to stay at and get back in the airport for flight? I might have asked this question a while ago, but found nothing during a search of my username.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 12:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Well, since you asked in the Hilton section, I should mention that there is the Hilton LAX right on Century blvd just outside the airport exit. I expect you'll find a shuttle between the two. On the other hand, there's a Rennaisance Hotel even closer - I've walked from Terminal 1 to there for dinner when I've had a couple hour layover (back in the days before long lines at security).
Old Jul 2, 2002, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do this often if routing through LAX. The (HH hotels) Hilton Airport, HGI El Segundo, DoubleTree and the two Embassy Suites have frequent free shuttles. I prefer the nice HGI as it it quieter and newer..

MisterNice
Old Jul 2, 2002, 7:50 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
HGI- El Segundo is quite nice w/good staff.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 8:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lorra:
I might have asked this question a while ago, but found nothing during a search of my username.</font>
You also asked this question on the Marriott forum, if that helps. All of the suggestions here (and there) are good. There's about 5 or 6 hotels which show up consistently in FT for connecting in L.A. The Hilton, Marriott and Renaissance at LAX, the Courtyard on Century and the HGI and RI in El Segundo. You can't go wrong with any one.
Old Jul 4, 2002, 1:09 am

I will be staying at the LAX Hilton before going to Maui for twelve days. I choose to stay there, because last month it offered the free shuttle and was upgraded to a exec floor (without asking)with access to the lounge.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
LAX Properties

Any recommendations for an overnight stay at LAX between flights?
Old Sep 2, 2002, 7:25 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Try the search function, you will find many threads on this subject.
Old Sep 2, 2002, 8:55 am

Location: Winchester VA; AA Gold, UA Prem Exec, HH Diamond, Marr Silver
Embassy Suites LAX South on Imperial is a nice property.
Old Sep 2, 2002, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
HGI El Segundo. Many positive comments on FT; I've stayed there a number of times, always satisfactory.

I've not yet run into 777Brit there, but someday . . .
Old Sep 2, 2002, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
How's the LAX Hilton? Got a rate there of $99.

Old Sep 2, 2002, 3:22 pm

I second the suggestion for Embassy Suites - I haven't stayed there, but visited someone who stayed. They said the room was great, a very good free breakfast and afternoon drinks. If you have a car, there is paid parking, but also plenty of free parking right across the street (a small empty street - we're talking about a 100 foot walk).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.