FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Cairo World Trade Center Residences {EGY} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/877091-hilton-cairo-world-trade-center-residences-egy.html)

david_brandt Jan 23, 2005 7:38 pm

Hilton Cairo World Trade Center Residences {EGY}

Have anybody stayed at this facility? website

It is an all suites facility situated in one of the three Cairo WTC towers (Conrad occupies one of the other two).

The prices are really low (and it is reward level 1) so i'm wondering what the standard is? I booked a 3 bedroom suite for $275. Regular 2 bedroom suites can be had for as low as $130

Thanks in advance for any input...

David

John Cogley Jan 24, 2005 3:10 pm

If this is the Conrad (and I know of no other Hiltons in Cairo) then it is a nice property, superior to the Nile and Ramses Hilton as it is much newer, though it is not situated on the Nile as the other two are. Those prices are standard. Cairo is not an expensive City for Westerners.

shassan123 Feb 20, 2005 9:17 am

cairo hilton world trade center residence

Originally Posted by david_brandt
Have anybody stayed at this facility? website

It is an all suites facility situated in one of the three Cairo WTC towers (Conrad occupies one of the other two).

The prices are really low (and it is reward level 1) so i'm wondering what the standard is? I booked a 3 bedroom suite for $275. Regular 2 bedroom suites can be had for as low as $130

Thanks in advance for any input...

David

shassan123 Feb 20, 2005 9:21 am

cairo hilton world trade center residence

Has anyone ever stayed here? If so please let me know what it's like?

THANKS

bamboola Feb 13, 2006 10:45 am

Also interested in any info

This hotel appears to be near the other Cairo Hiltons and the Conrad Cairo. Yet, the suites (2-BR and 3-BR) are significantly cheaper than those at the other hotels. Has anyone stayed here? Any info Good/Bad that you can provide?

The hotel website indicates a $60 taxi ride from the airport. Yet, the other Hiltons indicate only a $15 taxi cost.

Does anyone have an email address for this hotel? Thanks.

JDiver Feb 13, 2006 11:47 am

Hilton Cairo World Trade Center Residence Hotel

I haven't stayed there - but Google the property and you might find some reviews.

Fodor's says, in part:

"Cairo's best-kept lodging secret is that the palatial, fully furnished, 2,000-square-ft apartments in this Hilton-managed luxury residential complex can sometimes be rented by the week, not just long term -- and for less than the cost of two hotel rooms, which makes it ideal for families. Each Royal apartment has two bedrooms, four bathrooms, a terrace (opt for the city view, which is better and less expensive), a large living room, a study, and a fully equipped kitchen..."

Location should be brilliant, but the only (presumably) guest rating on that page is not brilliant, however.

Originally Posted by shassan123
Has anyone ever stayed here? If so please let me know what it's like?

THANKS

lucky9876coins Oct 5, 2008 8:33 am

Any recent reviews of this property? Thinking about booking it for my family for their trip in November....

KBrownCA Oct 17, 2008 9:58 am

Cairo Hilton World Trade Center Residences

Has anyone stayed at the Cairo Hilton World Trade Center Residences lately? We are a family of 6 and are planning to stay there for 1 week in December because it will feel more like being home at Christmas. I would like to know if they offer free breakfast for Diamond members. Also is there an executive lounge? Also, if anyone has any recommendations or other advice regarding restaurants, etc. it would be greatly appreciated. I have heard elsewhere that the local area is not great and was hoping someone can give me some input on this.

hbyerly Oct 17, 2008 10:30 am

I was there on an award stay in May. We were upgraded to a Nile-facing suite/apartment.

On the negative side, it's an older property (think NYC mid-century apartment building), with loud HVAC units in the apartment (though in its own utility room).

On the positive side, the suites are *huge* - two large bedrooms, one w Queen bed and private bathroom, the other with two twin beds. There are three other bathrooms, for a total of four - no waiting! There's also a "study" off the living room with a day bed. LR/DR has a dining table with 6 chairs, kitchen has full-size fridge and cooktop (though no pots/pans).

The best part was the enormous balcony facing the nile - with couch, chairs, table - I could have lived out there! Pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hbyerly...7605020421836/, scroll through the next ten pictures or so to see the rooms. I think it would be a great choice for the family holiday you describe.

We got free (but not great) breakfast as HH Gold, and the room service was really, really good. You may want to pop next door to the Conrad for breakfast - it's expensive, but absolutely amazing.

hbyerly Oct 17, 2008 10:49 am

Just re-read your OP, and wanted to say that the neighborhood is fine. Cairo is actually very safe - we were two single women traveling by ourselves and never felt uncomfortable anywhere in Cairo, of course we did dress conservatively (no exposed shoulders or legs).

There's not too much within walking distance of the hotel, but you really can't walk anywhere in Cairo anyway because of the traffic.

Desert Traveller Oct 17, 2008 11:35 am

The area where the Hilton in quesiton is located is fine. You can walk down the banks of the Nile and get to the Egyptian Museum and the 'downtown' area. Zamalek is also very reachable on foot, just cross the Nile using the next bridge south of the hotel. All within about 30 to 45 minutes on foot. I love walking in Cairo and I usually stay in that area, too. There's lots of nice little places to discover if you're willing to go local.
I agree with hbyerly, traffic is a bit intimidating if you're not used to it.

KBrownCA Oct 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Thanks for the great info and photos. The hotel looks great. Hopefully, we will also get free breakfasts. How easy is it to get a taxi from the hotel? Would it be better to hire a guide and driver? We are travelling with my parents and my mother may have limited mobility because she broke her knee 2 months ago and is still recovering. Also, are there any good restaurants you recommend in the area?

Desert Traveller Oct 19, 2008 8:08 am

Originally Posted by KBrownCA (Post 10541562)
... How easy is it to get a taxi from the hotel? Would it be better to hire a guide and driver? ... Also, are there any good restaurants you recommend in the area?

Getting a cab in Cairo is no problem, just flag one down on the street. If you're six people, you'll most likely have to get two cabs. And haggle on the price...counter the initial offer with anything from a quarter (if you're prepared to wait for another taxi) to half of it. Tourists are easy prey for cabbies in Egypt. ;)

Restaurant wise, well, depends on what you're looking for. There's a traditional Egyptian place (touristy but nice) downtown, but I'll have to get back to you with the name. I'll also try and get some more suggestions, I'm more familiar with the restaurants in Alexandria than Cairo.
Sitting in the Marriott garden is nice for a meal, but maybe a bit chilly in December.

hbyerly Oct 19, 2008 8:46 am

Taxis are cheap and plentiful, but (as noted above) pricing will vary wildly if you're not familiar with what things should cost. However, even being charged two or three times what the locals pay will probably seem cheap, since taxis are so reasonable.

Understand that your average taxi will be a teeny-tiny vehicle (barely more than a tuk-tuk), likely with a killer exhaust leak and glimpses of the roadway showing through the partially rusted-through floorboard. :p

If you're only going one or two places a day then a taxi is fine. If you'll be going multiple places or just want the flexibility to do so, then hiring a minivan with driver may be a better option since you'll be a small group.

Phil the Flyer Oct 30, 2008 7:45 am

Originally Posted by KBrownCA (Post 10535659)
Has anyone stayed at the Cairo Hilton World Trade Center Residences lately? We are a family of 6 and are planning to stay there for 1 week in December because it will feel more like being home at Christmas. I would like to know if they offer free breakfast for Diamond members. Also is there an executive lounge? Also, if anyone has any recommendations or other advice regarding restaurants, etc. it would be greatly appreciated. I have heard elsewhere that the local area is not great and was hoping someone can give me some input on this.

I don't know if you received my PM in response to yours, but being a current long-term resident in this property (my wife and I - and sometimes our kids - having stayed there continuously for the past 45 months) I'd be glad to fill you in on any detail you may require.