170,000 Points

Old Oct 12, 2008, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

170,000 Points

I'll be very honest, I'm a little confused with the Hilton Honors program. I'm currently living in a Hilton and just checked my statement: I'm Blue level and have about 170,000 points credited to my account. With more than 100 nights [in the same hotel] on my account, I would have guessed I would be at the top of the HH program. Any suggestions on maximizing my status/miles, etc?

Thanks in advance.

John
Old Oct 12, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by pdx42
I'll be very honest, I'm a little confused with the Hilton Honors program. I'm currently living in a Hilton and just checked my statement: I'm Blue level and have about 170,000 points credited to my account. With more than 100 nights [in the same hotel] on my account, I would have guessed I would be at the top of the HH program. Any suggestions on maximizing my status/miles, etc?

Thanks in advance.

John
check HH website for criteria- status based on one of these three:base points(not bonus), number of nights or number of stays -
Old Oct 12, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
How long have you been "living" there?

Quite often stays over 30 days don't accrue ANY points!

People often check out of a day once a month to make sure they get credit for the points coming to them.

In other cases, people have reported that when a long term stay was negotiated for them by their company, the rate quoted prevented the person staying from receiving any points as well.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 3:43 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Smile You Should Be Diamond!

Call Hilton ASAP. You have easliy enough stays, point etc. to be Diamond...

David

P.S. Welcome to the "club". It's nice up here at the Diamond level (-;
Old Oct 12, 2008, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Update

I've stayed over 100 nights and will be here through the end of the month. It seems as though I should be Diamond at this point. This is not a negotiated rate; as far as I know. All I do know is I want to get something like six free nights at the Conrad in Tokyo. Seems reasonable, huh?
Old Oct 12, 2008, 5:21 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
just making sure you caught the caution about 30+ days

in the same place without a break...
Old Oct 12, 2008, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

yes...

...same place; no checkouts.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
If you have any HH status, 6-nights @ Conrad Tokyo is 175k(GLONP)

Originally Posted by pdx42
I've stayed over 100 nights and will be here through the end of the month. It seems as though I should be Diamond at this point. This is not a negotiated rate; as far as I know. All I do know is I want to get something like six free nights at the Conrad in Tokyo. Seems reasonable, huh?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I tried to find the 30+ day stay rule (that others have mentioned) in the T&Cs and couldn't find it. I did find this one.

11. HHonors Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Homewood Suites by Hilton hotels and Qasr Al Sharq (a member of The Waldorf=Astoria Collection™) for which there is no cap.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jeeves
I tried to find the 30+ day stay rule (that others have mentioned) in the T&Cs and couldn't find it. I did find this one.

11. HHonors Members may not accrue more than 100,000 Base points during one stay, regardless of the amount of eligible folio charges, except for Homewood Suites by Hilton hotels and Qasr Al Sharq (a member of The Waldorf=Astoria Collection™) for which there is no cap.
Either way it appears the OP still has not caught on to what we are saying.

So let my try one last time
pdx42 We more than strongly suggest that check out of the hotel for at least one ( or two nights) that way you will eliminate the possiblity that you might lose the points that you will have earned for the rest of your stay.

If you still dont quite understand pm somebody who has posted on this thread so they can explain it to you.

mike
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

ok.

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Either way it appears the OP still has not caught on to what we are saying.

So let my try one last time
pdx42 We more than strongly suggest that check out of the hotel for at least one ( or two nights) that way you will eliminate the possiblity that you might lose the points that you will have earned for the rest of your stay.

If you still dont quite understand pm somebody who has posted on this thread so they can explain it to you.

mike
i am staying at a homewood suites...
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:20 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
If he checks out, then he will have to pay tax.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 10:44 am
Original Poster

198,000 Points

Well, I finally checked out and my balance is now 198,000 points - but status remains Blue. How long does it take for HH to recognize the number the stays/nights?

Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 11:10 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
It usually only takes a couple of days for a domestic stay to post. You have a special situation though. You should fax your receipt to Hilton so they post your stay quickly. When did you check out and check back in?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Would a check out and check in back the next work? Or do you need at least one nights gap?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.