Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection by Hilton (was WA) {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection by Hilton (was WA) {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 5:28 pm

Simply bad

Casa Marina Resort - A Waldorf Astoria Resort

1500 Reynolds Street Key West, FL US 33040

Simply bad (5 Photos)

Casa Marina Resort - A Waldorf Astoria Resort

I can't begin to tell you how badly you will be dissapointed if you expect this to be a Waldorf.

The rooms are in bad shape. Dirty wall plates

a desk power outlet system that looks fine but has it's wires cut so it's a waste of time,

A room that just does not show quality

As to service it was completely disappointing. We went to the pool and they have those nice towels to cover the chairs. Would have been great if someone offered us one. Nobody approached us to ask us if we wanted a drink for 30 minutes. One of the waiters came around picking up stuff but walked right by us! Unbelievably poor service. We finally gave up and went to the bar.
Waldorf? No way, obviously it's just branded that way to be able to charge Waldorf prices. Please do not expect that level of service. What I don't understand is there is review after review of this place saying how awful it is yet Hilton management does nothing

Simply bad

Would you like to write a review on the Casa Marina Resort - A Waldorf Astoria Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
We are here now and this is my first ever WA stay. We are here for a wedding so I used points and figured why not go high end for once. Basic room at best. Musty smell in the room, pretty rundown. My stays at Conrad (though limited) were way nicer than this. Nothing wrong with the hotel but do not expect anything fancy because it isn't and for that I'm disappointed.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:36 pm

disalex,

Your stay sounded exactly like ours. No Towels or chair covers at the pool and no one offered any. The Pool attendant booth was unoccupied. No drink service being offered, room was in bad shape. No Diamond recognition and no Diamond Perks.

We've had better treatment at the Red Roof Inn years ago.

This place is definitely NOT up to WA standards.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Quick TR. Spent the last weekend of July at the Casa. Stayed two nights on the citi card free night cert(RIP) and one night on points.
We arrived about 5pm on friday, having checked in online, we were upgraded to walkout pool room in front of the adults only pool.
Had an issue accessing the self park had to drop the wife off, with the luggage, she couldnt find a bellman to help and ended up carting it herself even speaking to the front desk.
Our room was good decent size, clean did have a cracked tile. We did have an issue with the shower backing up our first night there, they sent someone who put drain cleaner down and it seemed to work the rest of the time.
Beach service was fantastic, they found space for us both days even though the hotel was sold out.
Had breakfast in the hotel the buffett was great and had more than your standard hotel waffles and powdered eggs, meats cheeses, and omlet station.
Wife did yoga at the reach and used the spa she loved it.
They sent us cupcakes and pressecco for her birthday.
Every time after checkin we had someone hold the door for us, so i'm guessing that was just a hit at the wrong time.
We did have issues accessing the self park, typical key cards. Next time i would try to find a spot on the street.
We didnt pay the resort fee as we stayed on points
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by beachbrew
Next time i would try to find a spot on the street.
You can usually find a spot on Reynolds street closer than the self-park lot.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
I stayed at this property with my family last month and it was a TOTAL DISASTER and to make matters worse, the management did not care enough to do anything but reduce the rate. Hilton Guest Services was not helpful either- they never once contacted me to obtain my side but contacted the front desk manager more than one, who of course told them I was satisfied, and then they email me to tell me this. In an attempt to shut me up they offered a $100 Hilton AMEX gift card.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. MY room was "upgraded" to an ocean view suite from a regular suite. The room smelled disgusting, had mold growing on the walls, paint peeling/falling from the ceiling, mold on the luggage rack, ants everywhere, rust dripping down the wall from sprinkler heads, dirty bathroom etc. I was offered a reduced rate and promised the room would be thoroughly cleaned the next day while we were in town. We came back after a day of fun to find we had been given clean towels. EVERYTHING was still the same. They did not even change the sheets and we left the pillow with the dirty pillow case (lipstick and eye liner) on the bed with a note requesting clean sheets.

The stairwell outside of our room was peeling and had a large chunk of concrete missing from it with exposed re-bar. My niece was bitten by the ants the second night while sleeping and had to seek medical attention the next day.

I have pictures of the room if anyone would like to see.

I was completely disgusted and disappointed at how I was treated as a customer in this supposedly high end hotel. Even more disappointed in the treatment as a diamond member. This hotel should not be a Waldorf at all.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Recent stay

I recently stayed here. I was originally booked for 4 nights, but had to extend the trip to 6 nights due to Hurricane Harvey. I actually enjoyed my time at the hotel. I can understand why some do not think it lives up to the Waldorf standards, but it is the only 5 star hotel on key west and a very historic hotel. Perhaps better branded to a Curio?

We were booked on a reward stay in a standard room, and upgraded to a one bedroom suite, no view. My room was clean and had a fantastic shower. I can tell the bathroom had been recently renovated within the last 5 years, and the rest about 10 years ago. The only complaint I have about the room is that the AC did not work great. We were able to get it cool at night, but never below 70.

Staff-I really felt the staff was fantastic. From the door guys, front desk staff, restaurant staff, and cleaning staff. No complaints.

On site food-The food was really good, although priced high. My only complaint is that the dinner menu was really limited. I couldn't order a burger or pizza, and basically had to order off the limited restaurant menu.

Off site food-For starters do not order Pizza from Paradise Pizza, you will be let down. Recommended places are Duetto or Onlywood. Two mornings we walked to the Conch and Cuban cafe for breakfast (near reach/southernmost point), and it was fantastic!!!

We walked to the reach, and I agree that casa is better than the reach. The hotel grounds were much nicer at casa.

Beach-While the casa has a beach, we just walked to the big beach right beside Casa, while its public, we felt this was a better beach.

Overall-I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:34 am

I like the hotel but don't get the only five star hotel in Key West claim. It is not superior to The Marker, Ocean Key, Hyatt Centric, Margaritaville and Pier House.

Sunset Key might be able to make that claim but the Casa Marina is four stars on a good day.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Wo

Omg this is terrible! I literally just booked this hotel for Christmas time. I'm a diamond too. I've been trying to contact the hotel's front desk to get information on diamond benefits and no one answers.

Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
I stayed at this property with my family last month and it was a TOTAL DISASTER and to make matters worse, the management did not care enough to do anything but reduce the rate. Hilton Guest Services was not helpful either- they never once contacted me to obtain my side but contacted the front desk manager more than one, who of course told them I was satisfied, and then they email me to tell me this. In an attempt to shut me up they offered a $100 Hilton AMEX gift card.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. MY room was "upgraded" to an ocean view suite from a regular suite. The room smelled disgusting, had mold growing on the walls, paint peeling/falling from the ceiling, mold on the luggage rack, ants everywhere, rust dripping down the wall from sprinkler heads, dirty bathroom etc. I was offered a reduced rate and promised the room would be thoroughly cleaned the next day while we were in town. We came back after a day of fun to find we had been given clean towels. EVERYTHING was still the same. They did not even change the sheets and we left the pillow with the dirty pillow case (lipstick and eye liner) on the bed with a note requesting clean sheets.

The stairwell outside of our room was peeling and had a large chunk of concrete missing from it with exposed re-bar. My niece was bitten by the ants the second night while sleeping and had to seek medical attention the next day.

I have pictures of the room if anyone would like to see.

I was completely disgusted and disappointed at how I was treated as a customer in this supposedly high end hotel. Even more disappointed in the treatment as a diamond member. This hotel should not be a Waldorf at all.
m
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by jzafar
Omg this is terrible! I literally just booked this hotel for Christmas time. I'm a diamond too. I've been trying to contact the hotel's front desk to get information on diamond benefits and no one answers.

m
I've had three uneventful stays there in the last five years so I wouldn't panic over one review.

Diamond benefits are a possible upgrade, a coupon for a couple of free drinks and conch fritters and a discount coupon for resort activities.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Appears to me that at least some people are posting Reach reviews and reports in the Casa Marina thread. While they are both WA properties, in close proximity to each other, they are DAY AND NIGHT in regard to the rooms and level of service.

Personally, we have given up on both; wife and I both have IHG credit cards, which include a free night on anniversary, plus a handsome sign-up bonus. Between the 2 cards, it should be enough for 4 free nights at the La Concha on Duval - better location for enjoying all of what Key West has to offer, minus a beach.

If a beach is important, paying cash, stay at the Pier House.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Diamond Benefits

[Diamond Benefits:
10 percent off resort activities and spa
2 free drinks at the bar ($32 value)
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:20 am

[QUOTE=diver858;28771897]Appears to me that at least some people are posting Reach reviews and reports in the Casa Marina thread. While they are both WA properties, in close proximity to each other, they are DAY AND NIGHT in regard to the rooms and level of service.

Which one has better rooms and level of service?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:47 am

[QUOTE=jzafar;28774829]
Originally Posted by diver858
Appears to me that at least some people are posting Reach reviews and reports in the Casa Marina thread. While they are both WA properties, in close proximity to each other, they are DAY AND NIGHT in regard to the rooms and level of service.

Which one has better rooms and level of service?
The consensus appears to be the Casa Marina although there aren't many posts on either of the hotel threads.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:43 am

Reservation

Lots of discussion going on at home about this hotel. We are looking for a very nice property that is oceanfront with it's own beach and decided to go for The Reach based on beach.

Last edited by jzafar; Nov 10, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.