Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection by Hilton (was WA) {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection by Hilton (was WA) {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:33 am
cjd

It becomes a new Category 9, which requires between 50,000 and 80,000 points depending upon season.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:50 am

How do I know how many pts it would cost for a particular month in the near future? The hilton points search tool seems to be down.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by comptalk
How do I know how many pts it would cost for a particular month in the near future? The hilton points search tool seems to be down.
Right now you can't, unless maybe you call CS.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent reports?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus
Any recent reports?
I did a walk through in July. The common areas were nice, the staff was friendly, both pools were busy, little beach area, etc.

We're heading there in September... Unless a hurricane comes through
You can park on the street for free just an FYI.
Old May 4, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks! Anyone else stayed recently?
Old May 4, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Labor Day weekend last year, Fantasy Fest the year before. Rooms are ok, grounds are fabulous, location works fine if you don't need to be near lower Duval. Having Salute around the corner means you don't need an on property restaurant. If staying in a great residential neighborhood sounds better than a tourist area sounds good to you it is an excellent choice. Just don't expect anything spectacular, this is Key West.

After 20 years this is our go to hotel. Hang by the pool or beach sipping mojitos during the day, head to happy hour, dinner, drinking at night. Don't miss the Green Parrot for live music.

And yes street parking is plentiful and probably closer than the self parking lot.
Old May 5, 2015, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by gbearbuck

We're heading there in September... Unless a hurricane comes through
You can park on the street for free just an FYI.
We were staying there when Hurricane Andrew came through. It was quite an experience. I have to chuckle that this is a WA hotel, as it is a descent, but by no means a high end property.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TTT103
We were staying there when Hurricane Andrew came through. It was quite an experience. I have to chuckle that this is a WA hotel, as it is a descent, but by no means a high end property.
I cannot speak to the rooms at Casa because we didn't stay there. However when we did our walk through we were staying at the Reach... And the Reach is certainly not a high end property (that's actually why we went over to Casa to check that property out... The Reach was ok, however not worth the rates they charge
Old May 6, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Stayed at the Casa within the last 7 days. Friendly staff, good location. Not overly impressed with the food, but then again I'm not a fan of hotel food (was told we were eating there one day for lunch, I had no say in the matter). Valet, if I recall, is $15 for Diamond ($30 for others). Room looked out to the neighborhood. Attractive grounds, did the sunset cruise with my wife.

It's 85 years old, so some things (uneven floor here and there) are to be expected. Not elegant like The Roosevelt in NOLA, but it has a nice history.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
I posted the below last year after staying at this hotel in August 2014:

Just a quick note to echo sentiments found elsewhere in this thread and on FlyerTalk - the Casa Marina should NOT be flagged as a Waldorf. I stayed there two nights last weekend - $319 per night plus tax plus a $25 resort fee - for a standard room facing the parking lot.

Room was dingy, with dirty furniture and a musty smell. Hallways and common areas often had cracked paint. Doors were always grimy and smudged, with peeling paint on the doorjambs. Dirty, slow elevators. Staff ranged from reasonably competent and friendly (primarily the younger staffers who worked the pool bar and towel service) to downright rude (the valet).

I'd understand if this property were flagged a Hilton. It's really not quite nice enough for that, but if they repainted it, staffed it well, and gave it a thorough deep clean, it could be a Hilton. In its existing condition it should probably be a DoubleTree.

I relayed these comments to Hilton via the website and was awarded a "Be My Guest" free night at any Waldorf without any questions on their part. I assume they must know how bad it is.

Bottom line, only stay there if you get a VERY cheap rate - and if you do, know to lower your expectations accordingly.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-us-fl-58.html (post #869)
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:13 pm

Casa Marina Waldorf seems to have some email issues!

I booked Casa Marina Waldorf and had a request for my stay. I emailed them at their publicly listed address [email protected] . No reply. I waited a day and figured maybe it got lost in a spam filter so I emailed from a different address, still no reply. I then used their web form to submit my question and still didn't get a reply. Waited a few days and contacted Hilton through their web form. The form did not allow enough characters for my question so I just asked if they had an email address that worked. They told me if I forwarded my email they would get it to the hotel. I did that this morning and nothing.... So it's been a week and before anyone says it I'm aware I could call and I probably will at some point just curious to see if they ever respond!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:04 pm

I finally heard back from Hilton customer service, it was the basic we have attached this to your reservation but we wont' guarantee anything form email. I can't believe a hotel that claims to be luxury can't handle email
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:27 am
xyc

Looking for award reservations for this hotel this summer, I found that the points rate from June through November has changed from 60,000 to 70,000 points per night! The 80,000-point rate for the other months is unchanged, as is the hotel category. The points search tool at http://hhonorspointssearchtool.com/S...a+marina&m=jun shows that the lower rate should still be 60,000.

Is this something Hilton can just do--change point rates for a hotel within a category's limits without notice? I emailed Hilton to ask and got back useless responses ("our office is unable to quote availability or book reservations via email" and "Due to seasonal demands, point requirements may range between two values"), so I gave up there and figured I'd ask here.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by xyc
Looking for award reservations for this hotel this summer, I found that the points rate from June through November has changed from 60,000 to 70,000 points per night! The 80,000-point rate for the other months is unchanged, as is the hotel category. The points search tool at http://hhonorspointssearchtool.com/S...a+marina&m=jun shows that the lower rate should still be 60,000.

Is this something Hilton can just do--change point rates for a hotel within a category's limits without notice? I emailed Hilton to ask and got back useless responses ("our office is unable to quote availability or book reservations via email" and "Due to seasonal demands, point requirements may range between two values"), so I gave up there and figured I'd ask here.
It appears they can according to the fine print on the search tool:

The prices within this search tool are periodically updated, therefore these prices are meant to be representative. However, to view the prevailing prices for each hotel you must view hotel pricing on HHonors.com or by calling 1-800-HHonors.

I had a similar situation at the DT in Key West a couple of years ago - when reservations start picking up they adjust the points rate to reflect peak season which in Key West is becoming all year round.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.