Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection by Hilton (was WA) {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection by Hilton (was WA) {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Originally Posted by KRUXED
thanks for the response. I will give it a shot although I would assume they likely changed away from the WA emails by now
Yes, I booked both Casa Marina and the Curio for this past February, he was the contact for both. (got better upgrade at Curio)
Old May 8, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Casa Marina or DoubleTree?

The TripAdvisor reviews are scaring me off from using some free night awards at Casa Marina over Memorial Day Weekend. I don't mind "a bit dated" and understand it's clearly not a luxury property, but cleanliness and a room that isn't moldy/loud/uncomfortable in some way are kind of important to me. But, the location seems so much better than the DoubleTree, and I do like the idea of being on a beach. I don't need overly attentive management, but worried if I do get a crappy room, management won't care and won't do anything about it. Any advice would be welcome.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by zoomgirl
The TripAdvisor reviews are scaring me off from using some free night awards at Casa Marina over Memorial Day Weekend. I don't mind "a bit dated" and understand it's clearly not a luxury property, but cleanliness and a room that isn't moldy/loud/uncomfortable in some way are kind of important to me. But, the location seems so much better than the DoubleTree, and I do like the idea of being on a beach. I don't need overly attentive management, but worried if I do get a crappy room, management won't care and won't do anything about it. Any advice would be welcome.
Location trumps all IMO, and Doubletree seems out of the way. Easy walk to so many things from Casa Marina
Old Nov 27, 2022, 9:27 pm

Can someone please clarify something for me related to this property? If I book a stay with a free night cert (through Amex spend), or with 95k Hilton points, do I still need to pay the $45/night "resort fee?" It is not totally clear to me based on the website. Thank you!
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Originally Posted by Nirvana91
Can someone please clarify something for me related to this property? If I book a stay with a free night cert (through Amex spend), or with 95k Hilton points, do I still need to pay the $45/night "resort fee?" It is not totally clear to me based on the website. Thank you!
When I stayed, I used HH points and paid nothing out of pocket. I believe all points stays do not pay any fee's.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:44 pm

Just stayed with points, 95K/night. No resort fee when booked with points. Got $36/day resort credit. Diamond member, not upgraded ("we are fully booked," though suites were clearly bookable online). Stayed in room with king bed, city/non-beach view.
The room was a little run down but comfortable. The hallways, elevator were run down/aged but the grounds are beautiful, nice beach and pool. Good location.
I requested a late check out, got offered 1pm and told "this was a generous offer."
Overall had a good experience and I would book again.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 7:35 pm

I'm blown away that this property has still not gone through a complete and total 100% renovation. If Hilton would actually invest decent money into a complete and total overhaul, the property has so much potential. I guess because people are still paying for it. I stayed at the Reach a few years ago and it was actually pretty nice. The WA looks fantastic on the outside but when I went inside it was awful.. I can't even imagine how awful the rooms must be.
Old May 12, 2023, 1:55 am

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
is it closed finally for renovation?
Old May 12, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lehms
is it closed finally for renovation?
Web site indicates that property will be closed between May 15 and September 16, 2023 for "a grand renovation."
Old May 12, 2023, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by MS02113
Web site indicates that property will be closed between May 15 and September 16, 2023 for "a grand renovation."
About time! The location and grounds are absolutely perfect. The service and ancient interior were the problems.

I'm excited to spend long weekend here this winter.
Old May 15, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MS02113
A grand renovation in 4 months?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 3:49 am

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Dcislander
A grand renovation in 4 months?
anyone live in key west or on vacation, could take a look and see if progress being made and the reopening date is likely?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 3:50 am

anyone live in key west or on vacation, could take a look and see if progress being made and the reopening date is likely?
I am interested to hear as well. If this renovation is done right, this will hands down be the best property in all of the Keys in my opinion.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
There certainly looks to be activity at the property, seems to be much more focused on interior, as not much looks different from the outside. I'll try and go in (or around the beach) this weekend and get some pics.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by lrbenko
There certainly looks to be activity at the property, seems to be much more focused on interior, as not much looks different from the outside. I'll try and go in (or around the beach) this weekend and get some pics.
Any updates on renovation progress? Their website states that they'll partially reopen October 1st and be fully open by the end of the year. I'm contemplating a stay for FF this year, so a bit concerned about it still being a construction zone.

5000th post. Ain't base ten number systems great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.