Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago - Magnificent Mile {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago - Magnificent Mile {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2001, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago - Magnificent Mile {US-IL}

Is anyone familiar with Downtown Chicago's Doubletree? i.e., room types, suite, executive level, HHonors level upgrade, etc.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 4:49 pm

i was there for 4 nights in early november, and i enjoyed myself. hhonors stuff was flawless, and desk staff was helpful and working hard. concierge was totally kickass in recommending places to eat, and she got us on the list at a place with a normally long wait, and we walked there. when we arrived, we had about a 15 minute wait, which ruled. its the first time i stayed at a doubletree, but i think the rooms were fine. we were on the 22nd floor, and had a view of the lake, which was nice. that same side of the building also lets you sit and watch people across the street in their high-rise apt building. person i was with had a couple of massages, which she said were awesome. we didnt try the restaurant, because it was expensive, and we wanted to get out and about at night. i was carless, so i cant comment on the parking. it was about a 5 minute walk up michigan ave from the nearest train stop, which i think was chicago, on the red line. hope this helps.
Old Dec 6, 2001, 8:05 am

Thanks for the info, homey.

I'm planning a trip to Chicago in March, and was debating about where to stay. The Doubletree sounds like a great choice.
Old Dec 6, 2001, 9:08 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Prefer the Drake,

But, as a diamond I have always been upgraded to a suite here.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:58 am

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago - Magnificent Mile {US-IL}

Did a search and didn't find this posted yet. The former Chicago City Centre Hotel is now branded as a Doubletree (was told as of June 3). I believe this hotel was once branded as a Holiday Inn. Located at 300 East Ohio Street, about a block or two north of the ES Lakefront, and two long blocks east of Mich Ave.

From recent reviews on tripadvisor, it is apparently being renovated. From pics on web site, it doesn't look bad. Says that access to the Lakeshore Athletic Club next door is "complimentary for our corporate guests"

http://www.doubletreemagmile.com/
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Platinum, American Platinum, Air Canada 25K
Stying there in late July. Ill have to post a report
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:20 am

Its also a category 5 which I find a little crazy since rooms here were available under 99 bucks much of the year before the doubletree rebrand.

The web site states: "Immediately adjacent and connected to the Doubletree, The Lakeshore Athletic Club facility is available to all our hotel guests for their use and enjoyment. " Of course it does not say free however which had been the policy before re-branding.

rich

Last edited by RichLond; Jun 23, 2008 at 8:25 am
Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:20 am

Bumping the thread so see if there have been any recent stays at the Doubletree Hotel Chicago magnificent Mile.

I'm stay there for a week in mid-September and want to hear what it's like and how they are with HHonors benefits.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 12:24 pm

Doubletree Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile - Any Recent Stays?

I will be staying there the week of September 14th and am looking for any recent reviews.

I understand it was recently renovated and used to be the Chicago City Centre Hotel.

Any recent experiences would be appreciated.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by wakko11
Bumping the thread so see if there have been any recent stays at the Doubletree Hotel Chicago magnificent Mile.

I'm stay there for a week in mid-September and want to hear what it's like and how they are with HHonors benefits.
Bumping the thread. Wife and I are heading to Chicago in October. Have a reservation here that can be cancelled if this place isn't any good.

Anyone got any feedback?
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Have stayed there couple of times this year - in January for 2 nights and 2 nights in March. Friendly staff, easy check-in, nice rooms (color scheme in corridors is interesting - lime green and purple!). No real wait for elevators.
Breakfast - free vouchers for continental - or upgrade to full cooked to order and good buffet. We didnt use our vouchers one day and were able to use the two on the second morning to "convert" to full hot buffet - the cooked to order omlettes were good.
Nice cookies on arrival (and any time you were passing and asked ) two bottles of water etc given together with fresh fruit delivered to room every day.
Location is fine. Rooms are not the largest but are fine - bathroom - water pressure is great.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by holmedown
Have stayed there couple of times this year - in January for 2 nights and 2 nights in March. Friendly staff, easy check-in, nice rooms (color scheme in corridors is interesting - lime green and purple!). No real wait for elevators.
Breakfast - free vouchers for continental - or upgrade to full cooked to order and good buffet. We didnt use our vouchers one day and were able to use the two on the second morning to "convert" to full hot buffet - the cooked to order omlettes were good.
Nice cookies on arrival (and any time you were passing and asked ) two bottles of water etc given together with fresh fruit delivered to room every day.
Location is fine. Rooms are not the largest but are fine - bathroom - water pressure is great.
Thank you for for the feedback.

Now if I can just find the rate I saw last week that was much cheaper than the reservation we have now (wife was hestiant to double book, and poof, rate was gone...)
Old Jun 17, 2009, 6:51 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I just booked it for tommorrow, 6/18, at $116 by far the cheapest Hilton family I could find downtown, I used the Team USA Advantage rate talked about several times. This is $36 cheaper than any other downtown property (Hampton next to Palmer) I could find, I will write a report when I return.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:10 am

Any recent stays?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm staying there soon. Any Executive Lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.