Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Beijing Capital Airport {CHN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Beijing Capital Airport {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2012, 4:30 am

Beijing Airport Hilton

Great hotel - especially for an airport hotel.

Shuttle stop a little hard to find, exit doors 3/5 and then walk out from the kerb to an area with no sidewalk - hilton sign is on a pole. 2 minutes ride.

Upgraded to a suite as a Diamond - did not even have to ask. Lounge is o.k. - great staff, average food, no bubbly and Chinese wine. Room is double comfortable and the bathroom for the suite was great also - although the lighting might not work for ladies that need some real intensity for make-up, etc. (or men - I don't judge)

Lounge has better grub for breakfast than for the evening snacks, and they do a nice job with the tea!

All in all - very good!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Hilton-PEK reward night for others

booked a reward night at Hilton-PEK (Beijing Capital International Airport) for my parents when they have to transit there next month. But the reservation shows my info only. Will that be a problem when they check in?

Obviously their name won't match what is on the reservation, and they won't carry my credit card (actually why is credit card even needed when I redeem using points? but that is off the topic for now)

thanks in advance..
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by travelsg
booked a reward night at Hilton-PEK (Beijing Capital International Airport) for my parents when they have to transit there next month. But the reservation shows my info only. Will that be a problem when they check in?

Obviously their name won't match what is on the reservation, and they won't carry my credit card (actually why is credit card even needed when I redeem using points? but that is off the topic for now)

thanks in advance..
You can add there names as guests online. They can give their CC for incidentals at check-in.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:13 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I would actually cancel that reservation and call Hhonors and ask them to make a gift awards reservation. They will make it in the names of your parents. I think that with all your info on the reservation, that even if you add their name(s) it could lead to problems and confusion on check-in. International hotels are much more strict than US hotels on seeing ID and etc. Some Asian hotels (especially Japan/Singapore) are very very formal and protocol oriented.

On a different but related topic. All rewards reservations that I have made have had my diamond benefits honored...

FDW
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:34 pm

now I'm really worried.. will call HHonors tomorrow
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I doubt your parents will be allowed to check in with your booking and their identification (iirc China requires police registration of hotel guests - and obviously, this won't work either in this instance). At best I suspect your parents may have to pay walk-up rates for a room, assuming one is available, and you will be declared a "no-show" on your booking. At worst, there will be no room for them, even though yours will be unoccupied.

You should have made the booking in their names; I have never had any problems doing that for gifted stays, and my status has sometimes been honored (but the HHonors terms and conditions to not require that, iirc). I'd contact HHonors and see if they can amend the booking to your parents' name or reissue the award booking entirely.

And a credit card is required for at least two purposes: in advance, as some hotels charge a night's booking (or more) when the guest is a no-show; upon staying, for possible incidental expenses.

Originally Posted by travelsg

thanks in advance..
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:38 pm

Thanks to all.. The phone call to HHonors turns out to be quite pleasant and the agent sounds seasoned to requests like this. So problem solved in a breeze.. again, thanks for all the great tips!!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Does anyone have an email address with this hotel to arrange for middle-of-the-night transfers?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:58 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Two night stay here with points and cash and found it to be a very good property. I was notified in advanced of a room upgrade to a king suite and an offer to make any arrangements if needed. On arrival I was taken immediately to the executive lounge where two very nice and helpful staff members checked me in and answered all my questions. I was given room 4002 which is a very nice 2 bathroom suite with large living area, nice bathroom with tub and perhaps the biggest king bed ever. Great room but it is on the other end of the hotel and it's a long ways to the EL. Housekeeping very prompt and replenished supplies as needed. The EL breakfast was of average quality for Asian properties and the evening cocktails were good. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful and among the best I've encountered.

I also used the hotel to book a taxi to mutianyu to see the Great Wall. This service was 700rmb which probably could have been a bit cheaper by asking on my own but was worth it IMO.

I'd give this property a 9/10.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold
I stayed at this property too and was very pleased with the experience.
Old May 23, 2014, 8:48 am

Are the gym and pool part of the spa? With a 6-hour connection at PEK, I am thinking of buying a 30 minute massage and mooching off the gym & pool.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:54 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Hilton Beijing Capital Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

Just spent a night at this hotel which I have seen from the roadway into T3.

Overall it is an excellent hotel with very superior rooms. As a HH Gold (former Diamond) they upgraded me and it was an excellent room and a wonderful complimentary breakfast.

The hotel offers free transit to T3 and to T2 but NOT to T1. Of course my connecting flight was from T1 on HU airlines. The hotel offered me a limo at a reasonable fare (280 Yuan) but I took the shuttle bus (free) to T2 and connected to a PEK shuttle bus (free) from T2 to T1 to catch my flight. One can walk between those terminals but it is not easy and takes at least 10-15 minutes.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Just spent a night at this hotel which I have seen from the roadway into T3.

Overall it is an excellent hotel with very superior rooms. As a HH Gold (former Diamond) they upgraded me and it was an excellent room and a wonderful complimentary breakfast.

The hotel offers free transit to T3 and to T2 but NOT to T1. Of course my connecting flight was from T1 on HU airlines. The hotel offered me a limo at a reasonable fare (280 Yuan) but I took the shuttle bus (free) to T2 and connected to a PEK shuttle bus (free) from T2 to T1 to catch my flight. One can walk between those terminals but it is not easy and takes at least 10-15 minutes.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l-airport.html

A couple of comments:
-do you really think $45 is "reasonable" for an 8 minute ride in a car?
-T2 and T1 are effectively in the same building; I would describe the walk as "easy" myself
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: Meh
Have stayed here many times, and it is an excellent airport hotel. Can be a little empty at times which is weird, but the rooms, lounge, bar, gym are great.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: UA/CO-1KPlat, MARRIOTT-LT PLAT
Cool Hilton PEK

Stayed there a year ago to avoid the early traffic for an early Am flight.

I enjoyed it very much.
The Concierge Lounge was very nice and just of couple of us there in the afternoon and evening serving.
Breakfast was a nice feast for the long flight back to LAX in the Dining Room
I didn't think it was any more over priced then every thing else in China.American prices !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.